Home

Broken Wars: Kashyyk Defense

Renegade Angel

Mission Briefing: The republic has received a distress call from the wookies of Kashyyk, they're under attack from the CIS. There are two Republic Capital Ships with three frigates to protect the capitals. The capital ships are loaded with pilots, marines, troopers, and other classes of Republic soldiers. There are also three squadron of Starfighters on the two capitol ships and each ship and frigate has auto turrets and shield generators. just in case. :wink: Unfortunately, the CIS have blockaded the space surrounding Kashyyk, and they have three capitols and two frigates. The republic must destroy the blockade to get down to Kashyyk to aid the wookie defenses.

You are either a Republic or CIS pilot or marine attacking or protecting the blockade.

Character Information sheet

Name: (Required)

Class: (Pilot or Marine)

Side: (Republic or CIS)

Weapons: (Two Primary, and two Secondary)

Bio: (Optional)

Ship Specs:

Type: (Such as Jedi Starfighter, V-Wing, Droid Tri-Fighter, etc.)

Shield: (Yes or No)

Hyperspeed: (Yes or No)

Reinforced Hull: (Yes or No)

Targeting System: (Yes or No)

Weapons: (Your ships weapons)

Other: (Anything else I didn't cover or any notes about the ship)

I'll fill in my info when we have at least two othe memebers. Enjoy!

RA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Viper

Class: Pilot

Side: Republic

Weapons: Duel Blaster pistols, Blaster rifle, Grenades, 4 Timb bombs

Bio: Little is known about the Bounty Hunter known only as "Viper". He was a close friend of Jango Fett and was a volenteer for the Republic Army. Note: In later life Viper turns against the Republic and fights with the CIS

Ship Specs:

Type: Custom ARC - 170

Shield: Yes, higher than average ARC 170

Hyperspeed: Yes, again higher than average ARC - 170

Reinforced Hull: as above

Targeting System: as above

Weapons: Four laser cannons (Two are added when ship goes into attack position) Phonton Torpedoes, Heat seaking missiles, EMP missiles

Other: Secondary pilot available

I'll post properly later

Name: Chazz Vertigo (Delta 155 of the 506th Legion)

Class: Marine

Weapons: Blaster Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Time Bombs

Bio: Young for a marine, but a tough one at that. He spent 4 years in military training before joining the Republic.

Ship Specs:

Type: ARC-170

Shield: Yes (Two Layers of Shielding)

Hyperspeed: Yes (Not as fast as most though)

Reinforced Hull: No (weak hull)

Targeting System: Yes (An enhanced version of the standard)

Weapons: 4 Proton Cannons, 2 Homing Rocket Launchers

Other: Nothing really....

We''l start now I guess.

Chazz jumped into his ARC and took off. if they were going to fight off three capitals, they'd need all the help they could get. The fighter went through the hangar bay shield and he headed towards the first frigate. "Vertigo to All fighters: All fighters target frigates before Capitals."

"Understood." came a deep voice from his comm.

He fired a rocket at the single auto turret mounted on the frigate's bow. It caugth fire but was still blasting away at the millions of fighters. "Delta 829, can you spare a shot?"

"Sure thing Chazz!" came a lighter, friendlier voice. 829's rocket was a direct hit and the turret exploded. "Fire at the underbelly of the frigates." Yelled Gus.

"Delta 728, what the hell do you think you're doing!?" Yelled Chazz over the comm. Sure enough, Gus was firing at the frigate's underbelly. "I'm takin' this thing down!" came the young boy's voice. "You're firing at the-" He stopped and laughed. "Target the underbelly boys!" Yelled Chazz. The genrators on the inside of the ship were there. Perfect. "Your training payed off, didn't it 728?" Static filled the comm. "728? Delta 155 to Delta 728. Over?" Nothing. "Delta 728? answer me, over!" Teh frigate exploded and Gus's fighter flew past him. "Nice shot, private." said Chazz and they moved on the first capital. "Republic Capital 472's shields are down." came another deep voice. that was quick. thought Chazz. "Gus Kenobi, you read me?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Pull back and help protect the command bridge." came the admiral's voice. "yes sir!" Gus pulled up and turned around. It was a shame to loose him so quickly. "Good luck 728." Chazz dodged a proton torpedo. "Target the Main Cannons."

"Understood, boss!"

The first cannon exploded, followed by the second. "Omni 154 to Delta 155."

"Omni? This comm. is for Delta only." lectured Chazz.

"yes, but they have reinfirced shields, we'll ned to take out the shield genrators from inside."

Viper walked into the control room of the ship. people turned to watch him as he walked up to the captain. Viper didn't let on but he enjoyed the extra atention he got.

"Ah Viper, we need your help-"

"Three Frigates and Two Capitol ships....as good as gone"

"Yes well-"

"Be careful, I plan to"

"right-"

"Good Luck"

Viper nodded. And put his helmet on

As he left he heard a voice say

"Can we really trust a bounty hunter. After all he was close friends with Jango Fett"

Viper ignored them. He walked into the hanger where his squad lined up. Before him. He nodded to each of them in turn and motioned them to their ships. He got into his own and flew out of the hanger.

"Right boys, do what you have to do"

"Yes sir" they all said

They flew towards the frigate and sent wave after wave after wave of missiled. The ship rippled with explosions. Out of the corner of his eye Viper saw ships being picked off by Auto turrets. Boys stay with the frigate I'm going to take out the shileds. He heard a voice say

"yes, but they have reinfirced shields, we'll ned to take out the shield genrators from inside."

"This is Viper I'm going in, don't get in my way" he said into the comm.

His ship shot towards the ray shields and dived into the hanger of the CIS capitol ship. Viper jumped out and started blasting droids with his pistols. When the droids were dealt with, he didn't want to stick around for another wave of them to show up, he made his way to the shield generator....

I'll Join In.

Character Information sheet

Name: Unit 187

Class: Droid Marine

Side: CIS

Weapons: Remote Launcher, Award Pistol - Grenade, Detpack

Bio: A Droid Marine Fresh off the Factroy Lines

Ship Specs:

Type: Droid Gunship

Shield: Yes

Hyperspeed: No

Reinforced Hull: Yes, It's the highlight if the ship

Targeting System: Yes

Weapons: Space ARC Caster

Other: The Gunship Isn't the average gunship. It's been through alot. It can take a hell load of punishment, and it can release a hell load of damage as well. Though it is weak against multi-purpose fighters.

"Darnit Viper, waht are you doing!? Okay Delta, change of plans! stay back, take out the auto turrets until the shields are down! Im going after Viper."

Chazz heard Gus start to say something. "Yes private?"

Gus was silent. "Err.... Nothing sir."

He dived through the hangar shields and jumped out. He saw Viper. He shot a few droids before catching up with him. "I'm here to help." He knew what Viper would say, so he stopped him. "and I wont take any of that ''I work alone'' bounty hunter crap, either." he said.

Name: Codj

Class: Marine

Weapons: Blaster rifle, Rocket launcher, Thermal detonators x5

Bio: An experienced clone that fought on Geonosis. He was transfered to the Marines for his tactical brilliance on the battlefield and his calmness and dedication during flight simulation. His only battle experience in space is when the chancllor was caputured and the clones went to rescue him. Because of his experience, he was ordered to help defend Kashyyk.

Ship Specs:

Type: V-Wing

Shield: Yes

Hyperspeed: Limited power

Reinforced hull: Yes

Targeting system: No

Weapons: High powered lazer blast and bombs

Other: Codj enabled the ship to throw the bombs greater distances and added a secondary shield emitter.

Viper turned to look at the clone. He thought about striking him down but that would cause problems.

"Fine do what you want clone, but it's your own fault if you get killed. Also stay the hell out of my way"

Viper moved on. He had no time to talk. He walked towards the shield generator. he Knew the CIS capitol ship layout like the back of his hand. But as they got closer and squad of destroyer droids come out of no where.

"Freeze clones" one said

Viper shot it directly in the head he rolled and started blasting at other droids but heard the unmistakable roll of destroyer droids coming their way....

'You'll go wrong kid... trust me..' He thought to himself. His best soldier was as arrogant and as pushy as him, but he had left and joined the CIS, Chazz was forced to kill him... He continued to make his way to the generator, firing at super Battle Droids and Marine droids on the way. "Viper, we're almost there." he said, firing at a pilot droid. "But we've got droidekas..." He said, looking at his radar and throwing a theraml detonator.

"Well, well, well what do we got here?" A Droid Marine Walked in through the droidekas. "Sabatoge? Very 'Republic' of you Scums." Unit 187 reaches onto his back and takes his Rocket Launcher. "You Know What to do, boys," said 187 as he looked into the targeting device in his grip area. "Die, Republic Scum!"

When Codj walked to his ship, he walked calmly and with his head held high. In his mind, he knew this would be an easy mission. Yet, deep down he knew it was gonna be a toughy. He climbed into his V-Wing and launched into space.

Viper stopped. He rolled out of the way as a few shots came his way. He dodged fire and made his way to a door but it was locked. He was covered by the small amount of wall between the door and the corridoor though. He signalled to Chazz to take out the droideka on the left. If Chazz got the message Viper never knew. Viper armed a EMP grenade and threw it at the droids.

"Theres more than one way to do this"

He planeted a charge on the door and stepped back. The door blew apart and Viper ran inside. He looked around. There was a ventilation system in the corner. He took the hath off and examined it. He clambered in and made though thw inding tunnels using a map on his wrist comm. He decided to get out where their auto turret defence maninframe was so he could blow that up. He kicked the vent open and climbed out of the hole. He saw the mainframe but it was guarded by droids. Viper withdrew his pistols and start shooting....

Hand signals? A bit ''Military'' but... He shot down the droideka and noticed more and more were coming up. "Crud." He dodged a rocket and dropped a time bomb, running up through the door and into the shaft. He turned on his comm. "when you finish, Ill be waiting by the shaft entrance, got it?" he said, hiding behind an explosive crate.

Off-Topic: MY BLOODY COMPUTER RESTARTED FOR NO GODAMN REASON AND I LOST EVERYTHING I WAS WORKING ON! I WROTE A 5-PARAGRAPH CHAPTER FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Unit 187 Waved his hands at the droidekas. "Stay Back" He said, "I'll handle this." With that, he went towards the Life Support Systems in the next room. He got past the consoles and the turret, and went to the mainframe. He punched in a code, and an announcement came on: "Ventalation Systems Disabled." Then 187 Walked back to the droidekas. "That Bastard can't stay in the ventalation without any Air or Life-Support. Now for the other guy, Just shoot the---" KABOOM!!!!! The Droidekas got blasted to peices. "HOLY OM9, THAT GUY HAS A TORPEDO BLASTER! STAY BACK, HE CAN BLOW THE WHOLE SHIP!!!" Little did 187 know that the droidekas fired at the explosive crate. "But wait, He probably blew himself up as well. We can't be too sure though. I'm going to go seal up the room." With That, 187 walked away.

Chazz rolled and the crate exploded, killing the droidekas. 'Idiots.' he tohught. They had just blown themselves up. He took out his comm. "Viper, they're shutting downt hte ventialtions! Get outta there!" he yelled, but only static cqame back. His comm. must not have been working for some reason. He withdrew his blaster and slowly crept after the droid that had shut down the shafts.

Viper heard a buzz over the comm.

"Viper, the.........shutting........ventialtions! Get outta there!"

"I'm already out" he tried to say back but static greated him

He shurgged and crept forwards to the mainframe. He planted a charge and blasted at a super battle droid who attempted to stop him. The mainframe fizzed and blew up. The ship rocked slightly.

"That should make ours guys jobs a bit easier"

Viper went to the door but it was sealed shut. He shrugged and planted a time bomb. He backed off and waited....

The door blew off and Viper ran through. He saw Chazz and blasted at the droid who was firing at him. Once the droids were taken care of. Viper lowered his pistol and said

"Finished playing with the droids yet? We have work to do"

Viper continued to the bridge....

"Sure thing, tiger!" He yelled and ran beside him. That other droid had gotten away, but it was no big deal. Gus's voice rang over the comm. "Nice job guys!" He yelled cheerfully. "im off guard duty and im coming to help." Chazz replied. "Sure thing, we'll be right there."

"Nice job, Viper, we did it." he said. He knew Gus was hiding something... but what...

Unit 187 Walked in with his Super Battle Droids. He went up to the computer. The ship suddenly rocked. "Republic Scum!" He said. But before he could lay a hand on the computer, the doors opened, and a Republic Soldier came in. "Shoot him, idiots!" he yelled and drew his blaster and starting firing. While his droids were being shot down, he made his escape through the Authorized-Only door. Once he did, a door blasted open, and another soldier came in. He went up to a small console in the cramped space he was in. He punched in "ship34G_status" and waited a few seconds. He checked over a list that had apeared on the screen. "What? Mainframe's down? That can't be good" He said to himself.

Viper shot at a few more droids as he entered his ARC 170. He threw a grenade at a barrel of fuel and it exploded. Fire followed Viper as he left the hanger. As soon as he was out of the ship he came under fire.

"Damn droid Tri fighters" he said

He swerved and dodged but couldn't shake the fighter.

He glanced at his screen

"He's got a lock"

suddenly his ship was hit by several missiles. He spun out of control and git a droid starfighter. His shields were damaged. He spun round and round. His ship heurtled to the planet below and he crashed on a beech. the ship's consol was mangled. He rasied his head and glanced out of the cracked cockpit. He saw some wookies coming over. he got out of the cockpit and gasped

"Im here to help" He collapsed gasping for air

He stood up shaking and looked at the wookie homeworld for the first time. He saw all the implacements for weapons. He took off his pilot's helmet and replaced it with his own. He turned and heard the noise of approachings ships....

Archived