Home

Font changes to gibberish.....

Naso

It keeps happening to me that text I type to say in games comes out as gibberish symbols sometimes after I've been playing for a bit, but everything read on the hud and from other players is fine. It sort of looks like symbols with diacritics and odd stuff. I've checked and the language bar isn't set to anything strange. I have some odd fonts installed, but nothing that should be in any way interfering, and it doesn't seem to be anything outside of the normal symbol input in word or something. Is this happening to anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...

Thats fine if you are too busy, SWBF2 is just a game. To take a screenshot (in any game/program) press the Print Screeen button on your keyboard (sometimes called Prtsc). This will take a snapshot of whatever is being displayed on the computer screen. Close the game. Open up Paint or whatever imaging program you you and do a paste (Ctrl V) into the program. Your screenshot will appear. Now save the file and you have it.

Here's a shot of it. THe text ought to say "i don't really know what's going on" or some such. I don't think other fonts are interfering because the only odd thing I have is greek stuff, which that isn't, and none of names are really similar. The language bar also shows that I'm still set to English, so there's no chance of bizarro transliteration.

screenshot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ah sorry, I missed your post. "...after I've been playing for a bit..." Does the text display normally when you first start a map, then switch to that later in the game? Is this text displayed the same way when you submit it to other players [pressing enter to submit it], or do they see it correctly?

Try switching the layout on the language bar. Turn the bar off and see if that does anything. Are you using a standard keyboard? If not, do you have the latest keyboard drivers installed? If you haven't, reinstall the game and send a report to tech support.

Archived