Home

World of 1944 - Europe under fire

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Consider this thread bumped))

"Staff Sergeant, we got this from one of the patrols" a soldier said, rushing into the church. Thomas turned around, taking the piece of paper the man was holding in his hand and nodded as a thanks. After reading it, he sighed.

"Double all patrols and hurry it up with the defences. And gather any shrpshooters we have. Tell them to take any higher ground. And I mean any higher ground. Roofs, towers, balconies, windows of large buildings. Anything" he said and the soldier saluted, going off to his duties. Barnett got his Thompson ready and checked his ammo. It was enought if the Germans would come around poking at their defences. He looked out of the door. The streets were rather empty. That is, if you don't count the soldiers carrying stuff from place to place. He knew most men were sleeping or trying to sleep. If the patrols were correct, the Germans were regrouping. Possibly to attack the next morning after getting some rest and a plan. The Staff Sergeant sat on on of the church's benches and looked at the large cross behind the altar.

"Being an atheist sucks..." he mumbled, taking out a piece of bread and starting to nibble on it's hard surface

"Guess I better find a bird's nest," Corporal Taylor muttered. He went up to the second floor balcony inside the church, near a window, bringing a chair. He sat on it and adjusted his scope, propped it up on the window sill and leaned in a way that he could see through the scope just by diverting his eyes, and looked back down at the rest of the group. He could sense his friends' discomfort, and called down to Pirez, whom he noticed first, "Hey Pirez, wanna let me know as soon as I see a swastika pop up out of a bush?" he said with a grin.

"You know me, I've got an itchy trigger finger. I'll do you guys a favor though. I'll just shoot the guns outta their hands. You guys can have the fun of taking them down," Taylor replied with another grin. He was usually quiet, though the others could tell he was growing more comfortable with his squadmates.

(Ironic that this RP comes back right as my AP English Literature class starts reading Catch-22.)

Archived