Home

The New, Improved One Year Thread: 2006 Edition

edlib

It's only a trial seperation. ;) In a week or 2 I'll be jonesin' for my Dunkin' fix.

Speaking of willpower... I walked in to my local cell-phone store to deal with changing something on my account today... and ended up walking out with a new phone and a totally upgraded 2-year contract, and a second phone for my mom. Cost me over a hundred bucks. I still for the life of me can't figure out exactly what happened. :confused:

I knew I was in trouble as soon as I walked in the store though... there were a couple of people working there: Big dude, older grey-haired woman,... and a babe.

Wanna guess who wasn't already dealing with a customer at the time and dealt with me... then proceeded to talk circles around me until I agreed to (as far as I know...) sign my life (if not my soul) away? :rolleyes: That's right kids... I'm a total sucker for a smokin' babe.

Gawd... I'm honestly surprised I didn't walk out there with even more. If she had tried to sell me a Bimmer, I doubt I would have had the clarity of mind to resist... "Huh... when did I ever agree to lease an 850i?" :dozey:

Got my humidifier too. Now I just have to find an empty electical plug somwhere in the house. (A pretty tall order around here.)

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and you guys have some will power. I doubt i would ever be able to quit caffine.

That's not even the worst part Crack....I realized I won't be drinking as much either! :o Now I don't know how in the hell my body is going to handle not getting that steady intake of barley and hops each night! *shudders* Caffine will be easy compared to this....

I knew I was in trouble as soon as I walked in the store though... there were a couple of people working there: Big dude, older grey-haired woman,... and a babe.

Wanna guess who wasn't already dealing with a customer at the time and dealt with me... then proceeded to talk circles around me until I agreed to (as far as I know...) sign my life (if not my soul) away? That's right kids... I'm a total sucker for a smokin' babe.

Oh man, I know that feeling.....all they gotta do is smile at you and it's all over. >.>

Taking a small break from galaxies, i haven't been playing it as much as before christmas.

15, I'm gonna continue my loooong hiatus as long as the NGE and/or SOE is still involved. I fucking hate the NGE and SOE you can't trust them for anything. So i'll be patiently waiting for swg 2 to come out probably in '09/'10. That is..if I'm still into the online mmo type game still and don't have other things going on heh.

You gonna become a regular around here Leemu? Lord knows we could use the fresh blood...

Well folks, this is about it... you have a little over 24 hours to get anything off your chest in this thread about 2006 that you haven't already said. Last call.

So, who's gonna do the honors starting the new one? We going to keep the same naming scheme "The One Year Thread: 2007" or should we try to get creative? Go with a movie sequel theme perhaps:

The One Year Thread Strikes Back

Return (or Revenge) Of The One Year Thread

Raiders of the Lost One Year Thread

Indiana Jones and the One Year Thread of Doom

Harry Potter and the One Year Thread

The Good, The Bad, and The One Year Thread

The Wrath of The One Year Thread

Clear and Present One Year Thread

Bride of The One Year Thread

The One Year Thread Vs. Mothra

Anyone?

I like 'The One Year Thread Strikes Back' and Revenge of the One Year Thread....

anyways today was a decent day.

Woke up at around 10:30/11 even though i went to bed at 12?!

Did morning army pt from what i could remember from basic, then went on a bike ride around the block (exactly 4 miles) which took like 45 minutes...half of it is uphill, which sucks but i guess is good for me. then did army pt again to cooldown. I think i'll buy a new pair of running shoes, as the ones i have are 3 years old, and then i'll start running again. I really hope the snow doesn't fall in 2k7....well it can in november i guess.

After I was done, had to change to work clothes and get going to work...it wasn't so busy, but then again, it wasn't worth living for either.

I have to work 11-6 tomorrow, so i won't get as much sleep i guess. at least i get home early.

random....i've been having dreams lately involving myself getting attacked by feline predators....last night a cheetah bit my hand, and night before that i was stared down by a pure white and pink spotted tiger, that jumped out of the woods while i was hunting, thought it was a bear at first....so weird.

Oddly enough: I had a dream about this place recently... although the only bit of it I can really remember was Keyan changing his user name suddenly and without explanation, getting a weird avatar, and a giant picture sig.

We were all thoroughly confused...

And: No... I don't remember what the name, avatar, or sig actually were... Just that it created havoc in all of the old threads across the board. "Who the hell is this guy?!??"

You gonna become a regular around here Leemu? Lord knows we could use the fresh blood...

I was kinda thinking about dropping by a bit more often, yes. And only if I don't have to give too much of my blood. :o

Well folks, this is about it... you have a little over 24 hours to get anything off your chest in this thread about 2006 that you haven't already said. Last call.

For me '06 has been a good year...a "stepping stone" of a year I call it for myself. I ended a relationship with my girlfriend of 5 years back in '04...had really been in sort of a 'funk' for too long. This year, I found my friends again and just had a blast! :D

I'm looking forward to this next year and getting out and doing things. I will be making things happen - going to try to change my career, thinking of going for a masters degree...and maybe..just maybe, I'll have the courage to ask out the cute girl at the credit union rofl! :D

Only time will tell!

Oddly enough: I had a dream about this place recently... although the only bit of it I can really remember was Keyan changing his user name suddenly and without explanation, getting a weird avatar, and a giant picture sig.

We were all thoroughly confused...

And: No... I don't remember what the name, avatar, or sig actually were... Just that it created havoc in all of the old threads across the board. "Who the hell is this guy?!??"

Very strange, since I never use avatars or sigs (I think I used to have a sig, but ditched it a long time ago). Oh well, at least somebody's dreaming about me...

So, who's gonna do the honors starting the new one? We going to keep the same naming scheme "The One Year Thread: 2007" or should we try to get creative? Go with a movie sequel theme perhaps:

The One Year Thread Strikes Back

Return (or Revenge) Of The One Year Thread

Raiders of the Lost One Year Thread

Indiana Jones and the One Year Thread of Doom

Harry Potter and the One Year Thread

The Good, The Bad, and The One Year Thread

The Wrath of The One Year Thread

Clear and Present One Year Thread

Bride of The One Year Thread

The One Year Thread Vs. Mothra

Anyone?

All I know is, if I'm starting it, I'd call it "The One Year Thread: Lonely Hearts Club 2007".

Very strange, since I never use avatars or sigs (I think I used to have a sig, but ditched it a long time ago). Oh well, at least somebody's dreaming about me...

Yeah... but do you really want it to be me??? :dozey: I certainly wouldn't...

Niner: Ray and I have already been down that road... it degenerated into a lot of talk about throwing dice with destiny and torrid booty-calls with Fate.

An alternative to that title could be: XWA: Wild Hotbed of Celibacy!

I bought a new car today. 2007 Ford Fusion. Black. My old '94 Taurus was just starting to break in too many ways, nickle and diming me to death.
I'll tell you why. it's a frikkin american car, that's why! it's a bloody ford, and fords are crap. why on earth would you willingly subject yourself to yet another american car? get a honda, or better yet, a toyota.

I'll tell you why. it's a frikkin american car, that's why! it's a bloody ford, and fords are crap. why on earth would you willingly subject yourself to yet another american car? get a honda, or better yet, a toyota.

This is so true, I just got my second Honda a few months back - an '05 2 dr civic. Nothing quite like owning a car knowing that all I need to do is get it serviced every 3 to 4k miles and put gas in it.

Well, another year down the crapper. The end, as always, sucks for me, but it's starting to become the normal routine in my life. Maybe next year I can break that habit and actually have a 100% quality good year.

Starting tonight. Me and the boys are goin' out, and I'm gonna get over the shyness and go nuts. Women will flock, and I will be happy. Time to earn my self proclamied title of "Master Pimp of the East Coast"!

This year will be different. No more hidding behind work, or any of those shenannigans. Time to live and go hard. Because I only have one shot at this thing, and I want to have zero regrets.

Time to make the doughnuts!

--Kyle S.W. Janzso

((Yes, that is my name. You can now all stalk me. Creeps. ;)))

Archived