Home

The New, Improved One Year Thread: 2006 Edition

edlib

Anyone that ever willingly goes to Miami or Miami Beach is an idiot,...

Agreed.

When I was on tour my least favorite place we traveled was Miami. Personally, I had a better time in a tiny little town in West Virginia.

I've been back to the Miami area briefly a couple of times since then and it has only served to confirm and reinforce my initial impressions of the place.

Somewhat ironically, I was born in a Miami suburb. I'm sooooooo happy I didn't grow up there, though.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yesterday i went hunting for 2 hours in the morning, despite the weatherbug saying 'OMG FREEZING RAIN!!!' it only rained for like 3 minutes. i didn't shoot at anything cause i didn't have a clear shot, and i wasn't up to sitting in one spot too long cause i didn't bring my ass warmer....i saw like 1 squirrel but it disappeared into the tree somewhere. i still had fun though. my mom got her cast off of her foot yesterday, so that's good...dunno if she can walk on it though. I also bought some Mach 3 blades ...the last one i used before i switched it out was over 6 months old. Got my money's worth. :)

Today is my first friday off in a loooooooooooooooong time. so i'm going to go hunting again, longer.hopefully i don't have to use the bathroom the second i get out there...that happened once and oh how i needed toilet paper.

my left eyelid won't stop twitching. it's been doing that since like 4 days ago. =\ i dunno wtf is up w/that. I might go see a movie tonight....dunno which one, my friend wants to see hostel and my sister doesn't...i want to see king kong but neither of them want to sit for 3.5 hours. well i think i'm going to pack my stuff and get ready

to go.

went hunting yesterday, and killed a red squirrel, then headed home and cut its tail off, the rest is rotting in a trashbag. -_- went out again today, first sighted in my rifle again at the 50 yard, so it's like right on bullseye at that range. then went out. almost killed another one.

then i had to go to work, and now i'm on my lunch break. 2-11 on saturday=suck, especially since these stupid professional photographer people drop off a cd and make us suffer and having to trim like 400 5x7's....and having people at the counter tapping and coughing....the worst part is, they drop it off LATE like right when we're technically supposed to be closing down, so it's just annoying especially when you're just sitting around waiting for them cause the place isn't that busy after new years, and then they come just when u start to get used to the boredom, and then it's like annoying cause they are there early the next day to pick them up, so it really sucks if the dpc decides to bull****.

anyway....back to work i go...tomorrow i get off...no extra dollar an hour for me. -_-

didn't know that..

anyway....the dpc bull****ted me tonight. i left early out of anger, and sortof spite....i mean, i get screwed over a few times from my coworkers when they don't show up, so this is revenge....they gonna have to fool w/the damn cd tomorrow.

1/6/06

Long, boring day at work... again. Babysitting the hall as an orchestra rehearsed there. Nothing to do.

Fortunately, we all thought ahead and brought DVDs to watch.

One of the other guys brought "Kung Fu Hustle" (I had never seen it) and I brought "Band of Brothers" (they had never seen them.) Only got through the first couple of episodes though, now everybody wants to borrow my DVDs. I hate lending out movies and CDs...books too... hell, I hate lending out anything if I can help it. I never get everything back. I've learned that lesson too many times the hard way.

Got home late, and went right to bed again.

1/7/06

Slept late, and did little with the rest of the day. Cooked enough food to have leftovers to microwave for the rest of the week, and then took a nap.

Watched "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" when I got back up. That's still my favorite John Williams score. The alien effects look a little primitive these days, but the spaceship effects are still pretty cool. The documentaries on the 2nd disc were really good. I'd never seen any of those before.

My favorite line is still: "Einstein was right!" "Einstein was probably one of them..."

1/8/06

Highlight of the day: Grocery shopping!!! Whoo-yeah!!!

That about sums it up. :indif:

went hunting yesterday, and killed a red squirrel, then headed home and cut its tail off, the rest is rotting in a trashbag. -_- went out again today, first sighted in my rifle again at the 50 yard, so it's like right on bullseye at that range. then went out. almost killed another one.

Alter Schwede. You need to **** more. >...>

Risks are always affordable. However, their unfortunate realizations often are not. I wonder in which category you would put prophylactics, Rogue15 :D

Finally seeing some sunlight today...we've had about three weeks of low clouds, some snow and rain and miserable weather in general. But you can hardly complain after seeing some footage of Japan covered in a 10 ft pile of snow. :o

12 guitars. Since this is a Queen track, I used my Burns Brian May guitar and Vox "Brian May Special" amp, which is Vox's attempt at the "Deacy", which is what was used to record it originally. I think there was a coat or something thrown over it, that absorbed some of the high frequencies, but I wanted to go with a more harsh tone, so I didn't do that, or use any filters or anything. I put the amp on a piano bench and used a Shure KSM44 microphone 6 inches from the center of the speaker to record it.

The percussion is a mix of things. The snare drum rolls, bass drum, and clash cymbals were from my keyboard. The cymbal role was a MIDI track I made from a single intrument soundfont that didn't vary at all - so it was basically a wave file of a cymbal roll. The timpani were MIDI tracks, using the Unison soundfount.

The mix probably sounds pretty bad to a pro like yourself, but...mixing is hard! I listened to it a million times, and I could never tell if things were balanced well. It didn't help that it sounds completely different through speakers and headphones. So...meh, it's good enough, I guess. Maybe I'll tweak it some more later, but I would probably just drive myself mad if I did. Any suggestions?

Arrgh!!! You got that right, 15!!!

I just spent half an hour typing out mixing suggestions for Keyan,.. only to have the browser lock up completely when I clicked "Post Reply"

I couldn't even select the text to try to save it to notepad or anything.

Why does that only happen to posts that I have already spent a fair amount of my night on??!??

It never happens on stupid, silly, one sentence posts that I give no thought to! Damn and blast!!!

Oh well, buddy, you're gonna have to wait now. There's no chance in hell that I'm going through all that again tonight.

i'm angry. i go into work, and everything is alright....then someone new comes in and starts working, so i'm like thinking 'wtf?!' and just ignore it...then i go check my schedule on my break and see i'm listed as 'part time' when i was told i'd be getting full time....but i guess since the holidays are over, i'm getting pushed into a corner. -_- and then i get back and she's doing her training packet. so now i dunno what to think or do, i mean....why the heck did my manager hire someone during the slow time, when people such as myself need more hours to make a living. so right now i'm depressed. oh and by the way.....tomorrow is my day off so i'm going to go hunting!!!

Arrgh!!! You got that right, 15!!!

I just spent half an hour typing out mixing suggestions for Keyan,.. only to have the browser lock up completely when I clicked "Post Reply"

I couldn't even select the text to try to save it to notepad or anything.

Why does that only happen to posts that I have already spent a fair amount of my night on??!??

It never happens on stupid, silly, one sentence posts that I give no thought to! Damn and blast!!!

Oh well, buddy, you're gonna have to wait now. There's no chance in hell that I'm going through all that again tonight.

Heh, don't worry about it. I appreciate the effort. For several years now, the first thing I do before I click the post button (in any forum) is select everything and ctrl-c it.

i went out at 6:30 this morning, got to the farm at around 7....forgot to lower the scope's sight...missed like 3 squirrel...but i did manage to kill a big gray squirrel. it was chasing this other one up the tree, so i put a longrifle .22 round through its neck. the bullet passed through, stuck in the tree, and sprayed blood out of the neck onto the snow. i was out for like 4 and a half hours...after 10 it seems the squirrels go back to sleep and the birds come out to play. now i have to go gut the thing. *thinks of the squirrels in charlie and the chocolate factory*

Try quartering a deer... Now there's some training for anyone planning any human dismemberment... Try not to rip the stomach, you'll find out why soon enough...

Speaking of stomachs, me and my dad once skinned a rattlesnake(Dead of course) and out of it's stomach plopped a half dissolved squirrel. Smelled horrible and looked weird as hell... Coincidentally said snake was just defrosted and grilled last night. Taste wasn't an issue(Mostly because Tony's burned off my taste buds...), but the serious lack of any meat was somewhat of a letdown... I'll have to fry the next one.

What? Stop looking at me like that.

Archived