Home

Gameplay suggestions/glitches (Xbox)

Side-stepping speed should be reduced and weapons should be less accurate while moving. Dodging should cost more stamina as well (half, perhaps). These changes would make standing still actually worth it and ground battles would become more than just two soldiers running in circles around each other hoping to land a shot. As it is now, the only way to kill an enemy quickly with a blaster is if they're running straight at you or standing still.

Occasionally the sound will completely stop (in-game and menus, but not the headset) and the only remedy I have found is to restart the game.

Also occasionally my character will remain still after respawn (as will any other character that has respawned) but every other character will be moving. As I remember this occurs on and offline, but if I'm wrong it might have to do with lag or maybe my Xbox is crapping out.

Don't make me choose another CP to respawn at if mine was lost! If the CP is lost 1 second before respawn I miss the chance because it sent me back to the mini-map.

Being a passenger on a starfighter is aweful! Why is the camera so horrible?

Pilots should not be able to remain inside their Landing Craft (or alternate) while inside a hangar! This makes destroying it impossible (literally, it can't be done) so their team can spawn inside your base without worry. At the very least, pilots should not be able to repair their plane while the aircraft is stationery.

Player and vehicle movement is choppy while zoomed in with turrets. It seems as if the battlefield "refreshes" every 2 seconds or so while in this state.

The sniper has too small of a target area and makes shooting almost impossible even when enemies are standing still. On PC perhaps it isn't a problem but on Xbox, nailing your target seems too much a game of chance. There isn't much you'd be able to do about that at this stage but BF3 could use some consideration on this front.

Grenades should not be so obvious. Make the color harder to see or make the light that surrounds it smaller. Doing so for mines would also help somewhat, however that is not as necessary due to its nature. It also seems as though the grenades have some sort of random detonation time. Am I mistaken? Do the detonators explode when a character touches it?

I doubt these suggestions will be heard. :blast5:

Side-stepping speed should be reduced and weapons should be less accurate while moving. Dodging should cost more stamina as well (half, perhaps). These changes would make standing still actually worth it and ground battles would become more than just two soldiers running in circles around each other hoping to land a shot...

Don't make me choose another CP to respawn at if mine was lost! If the CP is lost 1 second before respawn I miss the chance because it sent me back to the mini-map.

The sniper has too small of a target area and makes shooting almost impossible even when enemies are standing still. On PC perhaps it isn't a problem but on Xbox, nailing your target seems too much a game of chance. There isn't much you'd be able to do about that at this stage but BF3 could use some consideration on this front.

If you make all the moves (jumping and rolling) cost more stamina , all you are going to do is make MORE battles become "just two soldiers running in circles around each other hoping to land a shot." Rolling and jumping let you get out of the running in circles fighting style.

Yea, SWBF make a little tick sound and automatically changed CPs if the one you wanted was captured. Bring that back.

Doesn't the XBox have aimming help?

Hmmm, I suppose you're right. Still, something should be done about the ground combat. Its too fast and doesn't give me that movie feel. Heck, I've noticed that I can be more accurate while moving and holding down the fire trigger than standing or crouching and holding down the fire trigger. That just isn't right. It also seems as though firing in bursts doesn't help in accuracy.

And about aim assistance, it does exist in the Xbox version but is hardly used online.

Archived