Home

Whats that Ring?

revillsp

the bigone isnt the shipyard for shure, its way to small!!!! remember: at kuat, all ships for the empire where buildt, th stardestroyers are like 1600m long, the bigones even 8000! this blocaderunners are between 100 and 150 meters long.... now watch the pic! NO FREAKING STARDESTROYER WOULD FIT IN THIS SHIPYARD, even for the acclamator-class its to small!

Im not talking about the rings that are being fired at......Im asking about the thing that is around the acctual Planet. On a side note, this is turning into the longest forums ive Started lol

The ring is the Kuat Drive Yards planetary ring. It's based on the art from the "Coruscant and the Core Worlds" sourcebook. Hope that clears it up :)

-DT@Petroglyph

The ring is the Kuat Drive Yards planetary ring. It's based on the art from the "Coruscant and the Core Worlds" sourcebook. Hope that clears it up :)

-DT@Petroglyph

Are you one of the people that are working on the game? Just wounded with that at the end of your post.

Its just i found this pic that is suppost to be that Yard....

http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/c/c2/180px-Kuat_shipyard,_WOTC.jpg

This is the first time ive even heard of these Shipyards and your ppl are working close to Lucasarts so im not arguing just wounding

Are you one of the people that are working on the game? Just wounded with that at the end of your post.

Yep, I'm a designer. I share an office with Delphi. They usually don't let me post very often since I tend to be far more blunt and truthful than the the PR guys would like :)

Its just i found this pic that is suppost to be that Yard....

http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/c/c2/180px-Kuat_shipyard,_WOTC.jpg

This is the first time ive even heard of these Shipyards and your ppl are working close to Lucasarts so im not arguing just wounding

That's one of the problems with trying to decide on art for the Star Wars universe - there are so many artist's interpretations that it's hard to decide which one is considered "real". We decided to use the ring since it was displayed in a recent RPG book that was provided by Lucas, and it was a nice change from just the normal planetary sphere.

-DT@Petroglyph

Yeah I think it looks nice. Petro deserves to have their own interpertation anyway seeing that they have put so much hard work into this game.

And yes, Welcome to our humble forums! :D

Thanks :) I usually let Delphi do the talking, but I will post when I see an easy (and safe) answer like this. I will pass on your compliments to the art team.

-DM@Petroglyph

Yep, I'm a designer. I share an office with Delphi. They usually don't let me post very often since I tend to be far more blunt and truthful than the the PR guys would like :)

Well its good to meet you, first time ive ever talked to a game Designer.

Does the Job pay well?

What did you mean about being more blunt/truthful?....care to share any new info? lol

Well its good to meet you, first time ive ever talked to a game Designer.

Does the Job pay well?

What did you mean about being more blunt/truthful?....care to share any new info? lol

I can't complain about the salary - it keeps my Starbucks habit satisfied. The hours are sometimes long, but I'm working on a game all day so I don't notice much :D

PR people tend to spin things so everyone comes out in the best light, and in some cases they like to withold information to highten anticipation. I tend to be brutally honest, and I've never been much for surprises. There's some subjects that I will leave to Lucas and/or Delphi to handle (the whole Venator thing for example) because I lack the PR spin talent.

Obviously there's some things I can't answer, but feel free to ask what you will - you might get lucky :D

-DT@ Petroglyph

I can't complain about the salary - it keeps my Starbucks habit satisfied. The hours are sometimes long, but I'm working on a game all day so I don't notice much :D

PR people tend to spin things so everyone comes out in the best light, and in some cases they like to withold information to highten anticipation. I tend to be brutally honest, and I've never been much for surprises. There's some subjects that I will leave to Lucas and/or Delphi to handle (the whole Venator thing for example) because I lack the PR spin talent.

Obviously there's some things I can't answer, but feel free to ask what you will - you might get lucky :D

-DT@ Petroglyph

Well then, what could be a good, safe question?

Um, well, could you tell us if... no... not safe

How many .... no, that isn't safe either.

Where did the ... drat it unsafe

Why did ... UNCLEAN!!!!

Who decided that... hooo boy, not even going there.....

Uh, could you give us a hint as to what a safe area would be?

Safe would be asking for a clarification on anything that has already been posted by LEC either on their site or on one of the major gaming sites (such as GameSpot or IGN). Asking for things like "what's that thing in that screen shot?" is probably also safe, though I might not be able to go into details, only give you a name (such as the ring question above).

-DT@Petroglyph

Hmmm.... did anyone notice the population limit in that screenshot is 25, not 20? My guess is it was either taken earlier before they changed the limit, or its a mission specific pop limit. Or, maybe the rebels can get some sort of space advantage? Hehe I doubt it but it would be cool.

I think I read somewhere that you can increase the base limit, but maybe I'm wrong.

Ooh hooh, you've done it now. :D

You used the word Venator. :D

There's no saving this thread now. :p

Oh wait, yes there is.

*looks down on his twitchy Hammer*

There there now. Easy Mjolnir.

;)

So the Vena- *looks at Jan Gaarni's Hammer* I mean...

Uhhhh...

Anyways... LoL Can you tell us about the Pop limit, if not thats ok ;) Why is it 25?

Archived