Home

How old is the Exile?

Tysyacha

I think Revans about 25-28, and Exiles maybe 35 at the most, theres no law that says you have to be so old to be a general. Most of the Jedi who followed Revan were younger. Also it's inda implausible and wrong if Revan's 30 something and falls in love with Bastila and Exiles 40 and he falls in love with Brianna who's like 17-23.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is what makes Carth & Bao better romances, Carth's 38 and Bao's probably the Exile's age. j/k

No actually, it does bother me in a way that male Revan & Exile's romances are so much older than them (with the possible exception of Visas and Disciple in a Fem!Exiles case. Visas being the same age, Disciple being younger). I mean Carth, Bao-Dur (I know he's not a romance, but I wish he was), Atton are all Rev or the Exile's age, (or close to it) but Mira, Brinna and Bastila are all like ten years younger than their respective partners. :eyeraise:

Anyway, I still think the Exile is his/her 30's and Revan is the same age.

I think Revans about 25-28, and Exiles maybe 35 at the most, theres no law that says you have to be so old to be a general. Most of the Jedi who followed Revan were younger. Also it's inda implausible and wrong if Revan's 30 something and falls in love with Bastila and Exiles 40 and he falls in love with Brianna who's like 17-23.

The Han Solo and Princess Leia romance is a perfect example of big age differences romance in Star Wars.

The problem with trying to pin an age on the characters is the fact that we don't know exactly how long the Mandalorian War took place. We know Revan and company went to fight in the Wars near the end and we know Juhani was an infant when when it happened. The Mandalorian War could have taken eight years before Revan joined because Juhani said her parents fled to Taris when she was an infant and that she was a child when she met some who were going to War (she could have been between the age of 4 and 8 when that happened) AND that when she went to seek out the Jedi Order she was "old" and basically past the age when they took children (so older then 10) but they took her.

The new comic Knights of the Old Republic has the first issue set on Taris eight years before the first game which was the Jedi/Sith War. So it was probably at the time the Jedi went to help the Republic in the Mandalorian War.

Here are my guesses on their ages in the TSL timeframe (so subtract five for their ages in the first game).

• Brianna/Handmaiden: 20/21 (based on conversations of the "crime" being "nearly ten years" before it came to light and that it was nearly ten years since the END Mandalorian War)
  • Mira: 19/20 (she was a child slave to the Manadalorians and lost her family at the end of the Mandalorian War)
  • Diciple/Michal: 22/23 (since he wasn't even a Padawan since his intended master went to War)
  • Atton: 32/33 (since he served in both the Wars)
  • Exile: 32/33 (General in the first War)
  • Revan: 32/33 (in TSL since s/he was probably 27/28 in the first game)
  • Carth: 42/43 (since in the first game he was 38 and it's been nearly five years when the second game takes place so he might not yet be 43)
  • Bastila: 25/27 (she seems to be a bit younger then Revan)
  • Canderous/Mandalore: 44/45 (he seems to be a bit older then Carth)
  • Mission: 21 (she seems to be around 16 in the first game)
  • Zaalbar: possibly in his mid to late 40s (Wookies don't age the same as humans)
  • Juhani: 25/27*
  • Bao-Dur: 32/33 (knew the "General" in the first war, survived Malachor V)
  • Visas: 23/25 (she seems a bit older then the other girls in the game)

The Mandalorians attacked non-republic worlds for twenty years before they attacked the Republic, Cathar was one of these worlds. Or so Master Dorak says.

Canderous is actually in his 50's. He says he had been fighting across the galaxy for forty years in K1. Most Mandalorians start fighting young in their early teens.

So the fact that she's about twenty and Revan is pushing 35 doesn't bother you?

This is why I say Revan is 28 in KOTOR.

My parents had a 12 year gap in their ages. ~shrugs~

[*]Mission: 21 (she seems to be around 16 in the first game)

Mission would be 19 in the second game as she admits she is 14 in the first one.

ok, we Do know how long the mandalorian war lasted:

At the time of Kotor I:

-20 years ago: The mandalorians start to attack small worlds. The Republic

doesnt interfere.

-7 Years ago: After building an immense army, the mandalorians attack the

Republic. The Republic sends its whole armada.

-4 years ago: The mandalorians capitulate

-3 years ago: Revan and Malak return as Sith Lords

-1 year ago: Revan's "Death"

So It is safe to assume that Revan and Malak, as well as the other Jedi under their command (the exile for instance) entered the mandalorian war about 5 years before Kotor I.

Now keep something in mind: Star wars isn't the real world. Just because in our world Generals need a certain age that doesn't have to be true in Star Wars.

Furthermore it was an emergency situation, the Republic was on the edge to defeat, so it is likely that they accepted Revan and the Jedi as military leaders, even if they were very young.

So the Exile and Revan could be 20 when they enter the mandalorian war, then they are 25 at the time of Kotor I and 30 at the time of Kotor II.

Of course they can be older than this...i suppose that everyone could believe whatever he wants, but that "there is no 20 year old General" doesnt count in Star wars imo.

Also, some of the BioWare developers wrote about their thoughts about working on K1 and one goes into detail about the development of Mission's character. I forget the link, as I read it a while back, but the developers point out some interesting (albeit useless) facts about the game, i.e the time it takes for the Galaxy Map's background to make one full revolution.

When does Mission admit to being 14? I know she admitted that she was five when she first arrived on Taris but I don't recall any where where she said she was 14.

In the conversation where she tells you about how her and Zaalbar met if you choose the line: "Smacking a kid? Those Vulkars have no class!" she responds: "Hey! Don't treat me like I'm a little girl! I'm 14 years old!".

Anyone notice the correlation between age of the person posting on this thread and perceived age of Exile? While obviously this is not exact, since not everyone posts their age/birthdate, in general I noticed that the older the forumite, the older they say the Exile is.

@Vaelastraz--sure you can be a 20 year old general. You can be anything you want in the SW world. However, even the SW world follows some conventions, or we'd really have a tough time with story believability. So while SW can say 'poof! You're a general!', that wouldn't mean you were any good at being a 20 year old general, Jedi or not, and I would have a very difficult time believing any general was only 20 years old. There's a tremendous amount of information and material you have to master to reach general rank, and a lot of that comes only after years of experience. You don't learn how to command entire divisions by reading it out of a book or using innate talent.

"there is no 20 year old General" doesnt count in Star wars imo.

Okay, in real life I am a soldier, so I believe I can speak about this with first-hand knowledge (unlike most contributors). Let me tell you there is NO way anyone could be an effective general at age 20. You simply cannot learn enough about how to command entire divisions by that age. There is just too much to learn, and most of it has to come through experience. This is true in the Star Wars universe, as well. Nobody is born knowing how to deploy thousands of soldiers on hundreds of ships to dozens of planets while coordinating supply and transportation issues. Granted, Lando Calrissian and Han Solo were called generals in ROTJ. However, they were at least in their mid 30's, and they were leading a guerilla band of rebels. They were not leading troops of the Republic Army. I also take issue with the portrayal of generals in ROTJ. No general is going to lead a squad on an infiltration mission. Lieutenants lead squads; generals lead divisions.

Anyone notice the correlation between age of the person posting on this thread and perceived age of Exile? While obviously this is not exact, since not everyone posts their age/birthdate, in general I noticed that the older the forumite, the older they say the Exile is.

Not necessarily. I mean I think the Exile is in her 30's and I'm in my 20's. :)

I think it depends on the gender you choose for the Exile. Most of the male heads for the Exile look 35 or so, while some of the female heads for the Exile look to as early as 25, which is unrealistic.

Well when other people in the game talk about all the jedi that went to fight in the mandalorian wars, they say that its the young jedi so maybe the Exile was ealry 20's and was one of the "older" ones that went, mandalorian war was what? 3 years? and It's not 10 years I think that the exile was gone. He left 2 years I think before Revan and Malak started the Jedi civil war and when you start Kotor 1 you joing 2 1/2 years into it and when Carth talks about it if you go Revan LS he says in that last year...and 5 years later KOTOR 2......so yes 10 years it is, so the Exile is like early to mid 30's when you start...

Well when other people in the game talk about all the jedi that went to fight in the mandalorian wars, they say that its the young jedi so maybe the Exile was ealry 20's {snip}

I know. It's sensible that the Exile would be in his/her early thirties by the time of TSL, but some of the female heads look like they're 25. As I said earlier, that is unrealistic.

I know. It's sensible that the Exile would be in his/her early thirties by the time of TSL, but some of the female heads look like they're 25. As I said earlier, that is unrealistic.

Maybe for you but I happen to be 31 (will be 32 in a few months) and I get comments about my not looking my age. I've been told I look like I'm between the ages of 20-23, depending on the person. I know many women in their mid-30s and early 40s who look like they are in their early to mid-20s. Women, especially if they are fit and take care of their skin, tend to not to age as rapidly as men tend to do (especially men who don't care for their skin). Asian women, specifically Japanese tend to not look their age either. I've seen some Japanese women who are older then I am who look like they are in their late teens or early 20s.

Mira also comments on how young the Exile look and that s/he has hardly changed at all since the end of the Mandalorian wars:

Female Exile: "Don't understand how that Jedi keeps in shape like she does; she's barely changed from the holorecords. She just seems to be naturally beautiful."

Male Exile: "Don't understand how that Jedi keeps in shape like he does; he's barely changed from the holorecords. He just seems to be naturally young"

Which means the Exile would have had to have been at least old enough to look then like s/he does now (in K2).

Well, let's look at the facts now.

Revan was a Jedi Knight when he went into the Mandalorian wars.

You can become knight on a very young age, so he could be around his 20's then. Assambeling an army would take time, but he had the Starforge, so let's say 10 years. He was defeated then, and taken by Bastilla.

People in K1 say Malak is leading the Sith for some while now, so +5 years.

I think Revan must have been 30-40 in K1.

(Some skins look older then other ones though)

Then the subject:

The Exile.

We know he supported Revan from the start, as seen in the Tomb scene.

He didn't have the rank of Knight though, since all the masters mumble about him.her leaving before he/she was ready.

This could mean the Exile is younger then Revan. Given the facts, i'd say the Exile is 25-35 years old.

=jimbo fett 66]Okay, in real life I am a soldier, so I believe I can speak about this with first-hand knowledge (unlike most contributors). Let me tell you there is NO way anyone could be an effective general at age 20. You simply cannot learn enough about how to command entire divisions by that age. There is just too much to learn, and most of it has to come through experience. This is true in the Star Wars universe, as well. Nobody is born knowing how to deploy thousands of soldiers on hundreds of ships to dozens of planets while coordinating supply and transportation issues. Granted, Lando Calrissian and Han Solo were called generals in ROTJ. However, they were at least in their mid 30's, and they were leading a guerilla band of rebels. They were not leading troops of the Republic Army. I also take issue with the portrayal of generals in ROTJ. No general is going to lead a squad on an infiltration mission. Lieutenants lead squads; generals lead divisions.

Well there's nothing for me to argue, since my knowledge of military is very limited, but Revan doesnt necessaryly have to know those things. He just was the leader, who decided on the main strategy or whatever, and he got talent for that. Decisions like you mentioned could still be made by experienced Generals.

As for the Exile, well you changed my opinion. Unless "General" isn't the same in Star wars as it is in the real world. You said, only Lieutenants lead squads, and from what i saw in Ludo Kresh's tomb, the Exile at least once ( at Duxun) lead such a squad. Doesn't that imply that he rather was a Lieutenant?

Maybe they all just took good facial cream over the years. And some women you can't tell what their age is and if you guess in a wrong way...WOW not good!

Maybe they all just took good facial cream over the years. And some women you can't tell what their age is and if you guess in a wrong way...WOW not good!

Always deduct about 10 years from your initial guess of a woman's age. It's always better to way underestimate than overestimate even a little. :giggle1:

I agree that the portraits for the female Exiles are rather unrealistically young-looking.

Archived