Home

Favorite Music groups?

im sure there was a topic on this before, but I didn't want to revive it, so here we are! Eevryone loves music, so, what are some of your favorite bands?

My friends say like the weirdest combonations of music...

Click Five (Power pop)

Goo Goo Dolls (Rock)

Fall Out Boy (Alternative)

My Chemical Romance (Alternative)

Coldplay (''Old school" Alternative)

I don't listen to music, really, but there are two bands whose music I will listen to if it's available.

The KLF, a long dead band from the 80's and 90's. It stands for the Kopyright Liberation Front. They are also known as K Foundation, the JAMs, and The Timelords. They wrote a song called "Doctorin' the TARDIS" which originally got me into their music.

Queen is good, as well. My favourite songs are Bohmian Rhapsody and Bicycle.

Bob Mould (Sugar/Husker Du), American Music Club/Mark Eitzel, fIREHOSE/Mike Watt, The Stone Roses, The Smiths/Morrissey, The Pixies, Hum, Sunny Day Real Estate/Jeremy Enigk, Sigur Ros, Yes, Led Leppelin, Neil Young + Crazy Horse, Beastie Boys, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, System And Station, Frank Zappa (particularly the 1974 band), Buffalo Tom/Bill Janovitz, The Rolling Stones, King Crimson, The Cure, Eminem, Radiohead, Space Needle, and the Grateful Dead, to name a few.

Damn, I forgot to add Phish...having been to 33 concerts and having heard over 400 shows, you'd think I'd remember.

The Eels, the Pillows, Charlie Parker, Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Seatbelts, Lucky Stereo...to name a few high on the list. My favorite out of those is by far the seatbelts, due to the jazz and extreme variation of styles.

It's tricky, because a lot of the times I'll hear one song that I really like from one band...and that's it. "One hit wonders". So when I get a band, like the Pillows, where love every song, it's excellent.

So many. Queen, SOAD, Nirvana, The Whitestripes 311 Chevelle, so many wow. Rap wise anything old school Kool Keith Chino XL Dr. Doom and Immortal Technique. The beatles are also good too I just popped in license to ill. Moeller you live near west michigan?

Moeller you live near west michigan?

Nope, southeastern. About 40 miles north of detroit.

I used to listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop, but I've lost interest in it. I have a ton of G-Unit, Eminem, The Game, Kanye West (who I still like), and other stuff that I haven't listened to in quite a while. I'm more interested in older stuff like the Beasties and David Bowie these days.

Jeez RA you're the typical kid here at my school. I also like those bands too, but there all mainstream. Which is the only kind of music I like :D Just don't like bands that are emo (well, MCR has 3 songs I like, but that's it). Well, enough rambling:

Lynyrd Skynyrd (Freebird w00t)

Linkin Park (my ultimate favorite)

Green Day (second favorite)

Eminem (only his new stuff, not the old stuff about him...hurting his wife)

But that's about it. After that it's just one song here and there.

Soilent Green, Into the Moat, Dillenger Escape Plan, Eyehategod, Between the Buried and Me, Iron Monkey, Acid Bath, Johnny Cash, The Red Chord, Clutch, Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, Fantomas, Goatwhore, Mastodon, The Black Dahlia Murder...I could go on and on, but I won't bore you all any further. That stuff stays in pretty heavy rotation around my place.

recently, i've been listening a lot to Demon Hunter, Staple, and Disciple. however, its important to note that i like a ton of mostly Christian oriented music. the stuff that isn't Christian oriented is usually instrumental oriented ranging from guitar, classical, and movie soundtracks. the one band that i really like that isn't instrumental nor Christian is Evanescence.

Archived