Have you quit SWG?

Nedak

Have you quit SWG?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Have you quit SWG?

• Yes =(
    • Im going to =/
    • No never going to !!!

Some of you guys blow this out of proportion. Ive played both pre-cu, cu, and nge and I have to say they all have pros and cons. Btw im no vet, I played these through friends houses/trials ect. I may not have the experience like most of you but I have played all 3 versions of this game. Pre-Cu was hell of alot of fun but the problem was it was so damn complex. It wasn't a game for a casual gamer like myself. I do love star wars but the sheer complexity was what toured me off from buying it. Now I hear that was the best version of SWG which I can see why. There was such diversity that if you looked at a group of 100 players you'd see much more diverse players than if you looked at 100 at NGE times. Now the pros for NGE is that its alot more for casual gamers. Now the bad move that I think lost alot of suscriptions was the removal of certain enjoyable professions (ex. Creature handling). I myself had a CH at one point and was very disappointed when I tried the NGE 10 day trial. My perspective is the NGE system is the best but they have to expand it a bit. We should have 9 starting "Classes" than ingame we can choose like 2 professions to master or something like that. Anyway. Come back to SWG! Its getting lonely D=

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DarthMaulUK

NGE - where everybody is a nobody! The target market SOE and LA are aiming at need content to keep them happy. Us old vets needed content but we were more than happy to do other things in the game as well.

I cancelled my three accounts because of NGE because not only is it totally stupid, again it shows that SOE have no respect for its community.

DMUK

i didnt enjoy mxo at all, played for about 2 weeks and it sucked, no houses, no real community, lack of items, noting i could see to achieve, just a grind of quest after quest, the combat was good but only worked because it was mxo, it wouldnt work in swg as well, but pre nge combat system was fun, having all those abilities, you could mix'n'match.

well im an old old old old old old timer of SWG :) followed its production from the first day they released a press release.... been waiting starting up a guild worked night and day on preparing. played beta. got the game on the first week it was out. and went through all the good times and the bad times. patch of cities mounts and space. hated CU, then got used to it and loved it. bought ROTW and Musti.....

but NGE..... blows on all fronts in my eyes.i had a 2nd char wich was a full crafter and a good running shop and they destroyed that for me. deleted his acount 1 week after NGE.

the guild i loved left but 3 people.. they left a month after. main main actually is still active, but after all these new sort of SWG im thinking of pulling the plug on him to.

i go ingame now and then hoping for some better gameplay and really finding the old things i loved about this game... but time after time i get disapointed. sorry but this isnt the game anymore it was for me. and trust me i fought for this game :) just ask DMUK about our arguments :p;)

this game wont survive, trust me.

the guilds around now are either full of people who cant spell, or a collaboration of, shall we call them nge survivors, my old guild called SOLAR was amazing, over 100 members then kablammo!! nge killed it, 2 people if any were ever on.

What gets shorter when you comb it?

A baby with a potato peeler.

Wow I have still not been on Galaxies for about 3 months and just logged into LF again and Im suprised you guys are still playing it!! Last I heard no new improvements have been happening. Also for you LOTR fans there is a new game coming out!!! Lord of the Rings online! Sence I am also a big LOTR fan I find this game amazing with great graphics and great support team (by look of their forums,FAQ, and screenshots). Again its not out yet so if your interested go to the site!

i play star wars galaxies cause i am a big fan i may try guildwars at the same time cause its free so i aint losing much, i aint playing wow cause i heard that sometimes you actually have to wait to get on a server and into battle areas so nah.

try guild wars u will love it... it has amasing graphics, and it never lags and theres always somethin to do on it

• 2 weeks later...

I keep telling myself, I'm going to leave, I'm going to leave. But somehow I find something interesting, or different enough to keep my attention a little longer. Though the annoyances are many....I can't pick up anything I've placed in my house; I still have no clue about crafting; why when I shoot an enemy from a distance does it suddenly appear right in front of me; etc........I think I'll be holding on a bit longer.

I just wish they'd add more classes. Or at least have us be able to have a primary and secondary profession.

to pick stuff up in house press the ~ key and select 'pick up' i think. think that works...

i'm on Starsider and Scylla......

Starsider as level 90 bounty hunter Kioet' Csuhen (my first one..i messed up when i created it the first time and deleted it thinking i could simply have the name back....wrong move there...)

Scylla as level 53 bounty hunter Kioet Csuhen...

Levelling up is SO easy, yet SO boring. it's easy enough they should just bring back group xp, i've been killing **** outside rebel base on dantooine...graulers are good for it. But just recently decided to try out all the Kashyyyk quests since my character on Scylla did the entire Legacy Quest. The only upside of the legacy quest is you get some decent buffs, i think 1 or 2 unlimited use ones as well as leveling up faster than killing the same thing over and over...i think they tried to make legacy go through all the planets and theme parks...of course, varying depending on your faction? *shrug*

If only the missions the npcs sent you on weren't so......dull.

I used to play SWG, from shortly pre-CU to post-NGE, to the point where I couldn't stand the game any more. I quit, and good riddance. :launcher::vsd: If SWG is given to some developers who know what they're doing, i'll consider rejoining.

Ya same here... Also if it is cheaper... Its overpriced .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived