88 members have voted

1. 1. Have you quit SWG?

• Yes =(
    • Im going to =/
    • No never going to !!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its good some vets are still around, SWG is way better then GW IMO. Good though, but GW relies on parties to much (4 player raids) theres not much u can do by urself and when u do its kinda boring :p the social aspect of raids make it fun though when u can get a party 2 gether

Try EVE Online. There's about a thousand ex-NGE players over here and the game is everything SWG isn't. And you won't believe the Devs over here. Trouble tickets answered everytime within 15-30 minutes (and by more then one Dev). These people care, this is a complicated and open ended game, it'll fulfill all your sci-fi needs and more. Game is downloadable from the Eve-Online website. Trust me... For all you other guys that are staying, wouldn't you prefer Battlefront 2? At least that FPS console is polished...

• 2 weeks later...

i'm installing it as i type. waiting for the damn patches to download via 56k connection. not fun. time remaining....144:15:45.....i guess that means 144 hours, 15 minutes, 45 seconds. :(

i miss broadband. at this rate, it will be a week before it downloads. and i doubt that it will resume the download if i have to free the phone line. :( ****.

i'm installing it as i type. waiting for the damn patches to download via 56k connection. not fun. time remaining....144:15:45.....i guess that means 144 hours, 15 minutes, 45 seconds. :(

i miss broadband. at this rate, it will be a week before it downloads. and i doubt that it will resume the download if i have to free the phone line. :( ****.

I think I can help you out, do any of your friends have broadband? if so, they can download the game for you and burn it disc(s). Or if you are computer savy, have them download it, and take your Harddrive to thier house and hook it up as a secondary, and just copy the SWG files from thier computer to your Harddrive. :)

Just browsing round forums and noticed the topic. I used to take breaks, often long breaks from the game but never actually quit SWG. The NGE ruined it though - it's not an RPG anymore but a poor quality FPS. Yes, the combat was improved some ways. Besides, the skill tree may of been awkward but atleast you could work towards different goals, push yourself to just get that last xp to move onto the other profession. If I wanted an FPS, I'd of gone back to Matrix Online.

• 2 weeks later...

Played in open beta, then for about 4 months after launch. I was a master weaponsmith on Radiant specializing in melee weapons and I had a great niche market going. Then I quit the game, and stayed out of it until last july or so. Came back, was doing well as a respec shipwright/master BH, then gave up shipwright to go master CM. Then while I'm about 4/6ths of the way to unlocking all my FS branches the NGE drops like a ton of bricks. I hated the interface, and it was so bad my GF had to quit cause her PC couldn't handle it.

I honestly don't know if I'd ever go back to it, even if they did trash the NGE. (My feelings toward the CU were middling, I thought it took too much complexity out of combat when they really only needed to remove a little complexity.)

Archived