Home

Magna Guard VM

NeoMarz1

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, how are you going to make hands? MG hands aren't at all like normal hands, they have 4 fingers that work like grippers, and dont have any joints except between the beggining of the finger and the hand, if that makes sense. Its physicly impossible for a magna gaurd to hold a gun, (Don't even think about SWBF2) so how are you going to make/weight the hands? The best way is probbably just to make normal hands that look mechanical, I guess

[V][<']The shape of the body in the first shot is off.

The shape of the head needs some work.

The texture looks a bit undetailed, but seems like a good start.

Thats great that you that someone made a comment, but I dont know what your getting at. A critique should have some constructive comments. Like the shape of the body is off because... or the shape of the head needs work because...., or the texture needs detail in these areas...

If your not sure what doesnt look right, how do you expect me to know? I encourage people to add "constructive criticism", thats what I need. Thanks for at least making the attempt, I just need details. Marzout

... RUKU, what are you agreeing too? You should have jumped in and added some details too. Shame on you.

Keep in mind that General body shape has to match the actual skelatal structure. The Magna body proportions do not fit standard human proportions... Like the forarms longer than the biceps, and the shin bone longer than the thigh. I had to fit it to the skelaton, regardless of this.

Hmm, how are you going to make hands? MG hands aren't at all like normal hands, they have 4 fingers that work like grippers, and dont have any joints except between the beggining of the finger and the hand, if that makes sense. Its physicly impossible for a magna gaurd to hold a gun, (Don't even think about SWBF2) so how are you going to make/weight the hands? The best way is probbably just to make normal hands that look mechanical, I guess

Yeah, thats the plan. Normal hands that look mechanical. I made pretty accurate hands for Grievous, but It ended up not looking as good as regular hands. Good comments, thanks. Marzout

The shape of the head needs some work.

The texture looks a bit undetailed, but seems like a good start.

Undetailed ? We are on JKJA not in Quake 4. If i look that the texture is pretty good if Neomarz add a good shader on it.

Good work Neomarz, your "skin skill" is better.

RUKU, what are you agreeing too? You should have jumped in and added some details too. Shame on you.

Eh, I was feeling pretty lazy. As far as I knew... you were too disinterested to do this model and weren't very happy with it... times change, eh?

Well, if it's constructive criticism you want... then damn it.. constructive criticism you shall have! :p

Let's see... (It's like a sauna here at the moment, hence my lazy/lethargic state)...

Well...

- The biceps needs to be much thinner

- The head needs to be both taller, and generally larger (in proportion to the body)

- The calves should be thinner, yet stocky toward the top

- Remember that the thighs are in two pieces, not one solid one

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head... without a clean, large shot of the mesh (wireframe would help too :p). I know it's not done, so for half of those points, make note of them when you *start* working on the specific areas ;).

@ Cuillere: I'm sure he knows this isn't Quake 4. Remember though: A majority of Quake 4's detail is from it's bump/spec/normal/parralax maps and lighting system, not the colormaps ;).

JKA can still have reasonably detailed textures (1024x) so if someone is picky for detail, it's not entirely dismissable or out of the question...

is it just me or are most of the heads Marz makes for models a bit squished :p

You must have short eyes Marz (lol)

Good points Ruku, We didn't give enough constructive criticism on the clone models, we should pay alot of attention to this one that we have all wisened up.

The arms and legs should be more thin, yes, but talking about the textures I only see undetailed the ears, other than that is perfect, yes, perfect. And Tesla if you have to say :

"is it just me or are most of the heads Marz makes for models a bit squished

You must have short eyes Marz (lol)" dont put a **** in the ****ing thread, this is getting full of stupid little babys and you know, is ****ing tiring..meh, keep it up marz.

is it just me or are most of the heads Marz makes for models a bit squished :p

You must have short eyes Marz (lol)

Good points Ruku, We didn't give enough constructive criticism on the clone models, we should pay alot of attention to this one that we have all wisened up.

Well it's not a matter of "wisening up" .. it was just that the Clone thread had zero constructive criticism in it.... the thread could be summarized as follows:

*Screenshot post*

"OMG THATS AWESUM"

"WOW PERFICT"

"AWESOME... Can I do skinz to? lololol!"

*New screenshot post*

"OMG EVAN BETTAR!"

"are u doin *random* clone?"

"I like pie"

*Another new screen*

"OMG LOLOLOLO AWESOME"

"cool i can skin too can i join"

and so forth....

They either praised it, asked for something they like to be added, or ask to join the team. That was the thread as a whole. Zero constructive criticism.

The arms and legs should be more thin, yes, but talking about the textures I only see undetailed the ears, other than that is perfect, yes, perfect. And Tesla if you have to say :

"is it just me or are most of the heads Marz makes for models a bit squished

You must have short eyes Marz (lol)" dont put a **** in the ****ing thread, this is getting full of stupid little babys and you know, is ****ing tiring..meh, keep it up marz.

Obviously our opinions of "perfect" differ greatly... namely with yours being over-used. Also, I find it funny that you state the thread is getting full of "babys" (babies..), yet you launch a childish attack on Telsa. If you don't like what he said, you don't have to address it (poorly) .. that's what moderators are for :) ... Keep the discussion on the thread's topic, and I'm sure all the "babys" will sleep fine tonight.

Obviously our opinions of "perfect" differ greatly... namely with yours being over-used. Also, I find it funny that you state the thread is getting full of "babys" (babies..), yet you launch a childish attack on Telsa. If you don't like what he said, you don't have to address it (poorly) .. that's what moderators are for :) ... Keep the discussion on the thread's topic, and I'm sure all the "babys" will sleep fine tonight.

Perfect, why? im lazy to talk in english, and i find it perfect, look it up in the dictionary, the definition is what i feel about the texture.

And don't come here as superior...its the typical game and thats what is really over-used. If saying that makes you feel superior or more "wise" (oooh!) im happy that i helped you. As i say, tiring.

Perfect, why? im lazy to talk in english, and i find it perfect, look it up in the dictionary, the definition is what i feel about the texture.

And don't come here as superior...its the typical game and thats what is really over-used. If saying that makes you feel superior or more "wise" (oooh!) im happy that i helped you. As i say, tiring.

It has nothing to do with superiority..... did you miss the point of my entire post?

>_<

Thats great that you that someone made a comment, but I dont know what your getting at. A critique should have some constructive comments. Like the shape of the body is off because... or the shape of the head needs work because...., or the texture needs detail in these areas...

If your not sure what doesnt look right, how do you expect me to know? I encourage people to add "constructive criticism", thats what I need. Thanks for at least making the attempt, I just need details. Marzout

... RUKU, what are you agreeing too? You should have jumped in and added some details too. Shame on you.

Keep in mind that General body shape has to match the actual skelatal structure. The Magna body proportions do not fit standard human proportions... Like the forarms longer than the biceps, and the shin bone longer than the thigh. I had to fit it to the skelaton, regardless of this.

Believe me, I know the JA skeleton very well, and I also know its restrictions.

But, I also know ways to even out wrong movements.

According to the capes and robes I've seen from you, you either don't know much about weighting, or do it way too fast.

My point is, that there are definately ways to model the MagnaGuard's legs according to the actual shape and making it deform correctly.

I didn't post "constructive critism" in your eyes, but what's the deal about looking at a high-res image?

Cuillere, I'm aware that we're talking about a texture for JA, don't worry.

It has nothing to do with superiority..... did you miss the point of my entire post?

>_<

Most probably.

That's caused through lazyness, don't blame him.

English is one of the hardest languages in the world.

Erm,..no, I'm not being ironic, not at all,...

Archived