Home

Magna Guard VM

NeoMarz1

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:angel: :angel: :angel: News Update/Replies :angel: :angel: :angel:

I just finished weighting the hands. The weight job was pretty tough for those little mitts, but It came out great! Now the only thing left is adding a cape. Which brings me to comment on the cape issue. Yes, there will certainly be a capeless version along with the caped version. Wish me luck on the cape, cuz i'm gonna try and get this right this time. Marzout

:angel: :angel: :angel: Beta Test has started :angel: :angel: :angel:

I just sent out the MagnaGuard to TeamVM, and to Buffy as well (for Screenshots). The cape has been added. The weighting came out great, basically no-clipping. NPC, Bot, Shaders, and sounds have been added. If all goes well, expect a release this weekend. Marzout

Mars you didnt read my tip did you? ah well ill explain it again on screen:

(click to enlarge)

magnaguard25fxkopia0co.th.jpg

You say: if i make cape like that arm will be clipping while walking

I answer: No if cape would be partially weihgted to the arm, so it would move along with cape.

Btw im not trying to provoke you, or anything - just pointing what could be improved.

Mars you didnt read my tip did you? ah well ill explain it again on screen:

(click to enlarge)

magnaguard25fxkopia0co.th.jpg

You say: if i make cape like that arm will be clipping while walking

I answer: No if cape would be partially weihgted to the arm, so it would move along with cape.

Btw im not trying to provoke you, or anything - just pointing what could be improved.

Dont worry Kain, This is the kind of critique I like. You have well made points. I will mess around with your suggestions, and see what I get. I know the cape goes over the arm, but I know that when the cape is weighted over the arm like that, you begin to get really bad deformations when the arm is fully extended... But as I have said I am open to honest criticism, this is great stuff.

You may have noticed that I modeled the cape to look bunched up over the shoulder to suggest that it is thrown back to allow the arms to move. This would certainly happen with a cape designed like this, as no one could weild a two handed weapon with a cape draped over thier arms. Just trying to give you insight to my thought process.

Let me see what I can do. Thanks again Marzout

Archived