Home

Magna Guard VM

NeoMarz1

but you have to change name

"model_headless" to "model_default_headless"

and copy one of Icon and change name to "icon_default_headless"

then you dont have to type anymore

The icon showed up in profile before I started a ffa. When I was in the ffa in the menu the icon wasen't there and I did evry thing you said

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hehe Buffy your a natural talant :)) great skins

NeoMarz Great MODELS ! and about that Grevious v2 ... THIS IS GONNA BE SOOOO COOOOOOL :)))

And this is SWAMP Magna :))

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/DarkFoxFromHell/magnaguard_000.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/DarkFoxFromHell/magnaguard_001.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/DarkFoxFromHell/magnaguard_002.jpg

mine is not skin just change color that all ... :laughing:

I think your Swamp skin is really nice !

I want ;)

The icon showed up in profile before I started a ffa. When I was in the ffa in the menu the icon wasen't there and I did evry thing you said

There is no Icon for this model varient. It is considered a secret model. You can get the model by doing the above steps, but you will not have an Icon. If you make an Icon as stated above, you will need to make a skin file titled "model_default_headless", then make an icon (jpg. format) and title the icon "icon_default_headless" (without quotes). The only reason I did not include an Icon is that people get upset when you clutter up there model selection screens with extra model skins.

Keep in mind that the icon will not show up in team matches (red or blue), such as "team free for all", etc... You will need to design a different title skin file for that. I hope this helps. Marzout

Marz, I detect two bugs:

1: Your shader file is messed up massively. You have two different shader entries for each torso for example. I've fixed this already (and if you want i'll give you the file), but DAMN. PLEASE don't mess up shader files, you can completely screw over other people's work this way if yours is used.

2: The _spec files for the red hands (handsred_spec) and grey hands (handsgrey_spec) are totally missing, with handsred_spec specifically mentioned in your shader file. Further, it's clear the grey hands were supposed to have a _spec file (like the other two), but it was left out in the shader file and handsgrey_spec also does not exist. Either way something's wrong.

So yeah. handsgrey_spec and handsred_spec are missing, and the shader file is messed up in general.

On a side note, I released OJP holster files for this model here:

http://pcgamemods.com/mod/18421.html

Sheez, Your right! Pretty messy copy/paste job eh? I will fix this. I intended not to even use shaders for the hands on those parts, but your right I did reference those. Thanks for pointing that out. Cya

No no, that is not part of OJP. This 'mod' was made long ago. its just single hilt, with grievous arm bolted to it in some distance. Sabers may look good but when executing dual kata these arms just fly along with sabers, much in same way when sabers are deactivated.

umm that was a nice idea of the author and funny too, thanks for the info ;)

soo maybe neomarz can make em usefull or make like this : when using saber use one pair oof hands , then the saber diactivate and hands hold em...and when using gun..the other pair of hands :p it wud be cool but irealy dun know how 2 do that xD

Its way too complicated for me. A while back we tried to get 4 arms by repositioning some of the unused bones, but they would need to be modded with new animations. I think the author probably has abandoned the idea, so you may not ever see 4 arms on the model. Unless a very talented modder steps in and does it. Marzout

Its way too complicated for me. A while back we tried to get 4 arms by repositioning some of the unused bones, but they would need to be modded with new animations. I think the author probably has abandoned the idea, so you may not ever see 4 arms on the model. Unless a very talented modder steps in and does it. Marzout

Well i think it is 2 complicated...who knows maybe in next 10 years some1 will reach that level of MODing :) who know... :))

is not the level of modding, is that who is gonna spend his/her time making a new saber style plus all the animations that are needed for a standar player model.

if 2 fake saber holding arms on General Grievous's body then looks nice I think ...

only 2 arms can use saber but still looks nice for me ...

can you make this fake 2 arms version ?

this is new nice model "ScorpDeathknight" this model has big wings on he's back maybe replace "arms holing saber" with "Wings" then looks like 4 arms but ... He didnt include readme so I cant contact him :(

shot00057xp.th.jpgwings9ki.th.jpgwings23qu.th.jpg

thank you :king1:

is not the level of modding, is that who is gonna spend his/her time making a new saber style plus all the animations that are needed for a standar player model.

Exactly, but i wonder if there's a way to trigger animations on .md3 models: you could load a set of extra arms to be bolted on the model and the anims would play when sabering.

Something like this would be easy to do in quake 3...damn this anim system.

So moviebattles could use it because they would only grievous make it able to use, right?

Negative. Abilities aren't skin dependant, and I don't think that they'd spend time coding something that only fits with one skin.

Archived