Home

Casablanca

Shuz

Casablanca created the passion for classical movie for me. I really enjoy movies that include "Bogie" Bogart, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn and so on... Casablanca has many memorable quotes ("here's looking at you kid", for example), wonderful shot (I really, really like the light in Ilsa's eyes. It makes her like an angel), wonderful music (As time goes by... what a nice title!!) and most of all, a wonderful story "of fight for love and glory, of case to do or die"... And, by the way, have you heard the song "Casablanca" of Bertie Higgins? It was really "Casablanca-ist" =))

But, I don't really enjoy The Maltese Falcon. Maybe I should watch it over again. :|

A few days ago at work, I heard from radio that they're making a modern version of Casablanca in India. It's about a café owner who helps his lover escape because she's a rebel fighting against the government of Sri Lanka or something. They actually admitted it was going to be a remake.

I work in a meat factory, so I almost cut off my finger in shock when I heard this. :D

Archived