Home

Clone Wars Waste Of Time?

darthkangaroo

I thought it was a waste of time. I liked Dexter's Lab when it first came on, but it's style doesn't go well with SW. I hate the short format and the stories were lame. I wish RotS wasn't over dependant on that crap. Despite the series it followed and some of Episode I and II's shortcomings, RotS managed to rock.

I own both DVDs of the Clone Wars animated series. Very well done with great attention to story. Tied in perfectly with Episode III. In fact, I wish some of the animated series could have been done in the film. Such as:

The attack on Coruscant and Grievous' pursuit of Palpatine through the city.

Anakin's prophetic encounter in the cave with the murals.

The ARC Troopers resuing Jedi Master Mundi and the other Jedi from Grievous.

Just a few. I realize due to time constraint that Lucas could not have done this in the film, but it would have been cool.

A waste of time? Hardly.

I have both DVDs as well. They were an interesting and entertaining diversion to have between movies, and a lot of fun to watch.

If you don't happen to like them they are easy to ignore, and don't have to be treated as canon.

But they are just meant to be somewhat light and fun, and a little goofy in spots,.. which is, after all, pretty much all the Star Wars series was ever meant to be.

....and don't have to be treated as canon....

officially, they are considered the same level of canon as most other EU sources, namely "C-Level" canon according to Lucasfilms current guidleines. (see canon thread)..

many think that because it was on TV and because it introduced General Grievous, that it occupies a higher place in canon than any book for example... it doesnt :p

In addition, there are some annoying continuity flaws between Cw2 and the prequel novel "Labyrinthe of Evil" (mentioned in ROTS)... still, overall CW was coo/fun IMO, despite the shortcomings :)

mtfbwya

What stories?

Exactly. I don't even know what the hell was going on half the time. The whole Asajj Ventress thing annoyed me and Durge was even dumber than Greivous. I'll admit there were some cool bits in there (Padme in Arctic Gear and Obi in clone armor), but on the whole it's forgettable.

Exactly.
But the intent was to have an action packed series that is light on the story (series 1 even more than series 2).

I don't even know what the hell was going on half the time.
Really? I thought most of the things were explained well enough. Were there certain things in particular?

The whole Asajj Ventress thing annoyed me and Durge was even dumber than Greivous.
But they are characters that appear in several novels and comics, and they weren't Clone Wars creations.

I thought that they animated series was pretty well done, and fun to watch.

But they grossly f*cked up the story, and exagerated the abilites.

I liked it overall though I must agree.... To quote a good comic parody 'Grievous to Obi-Wan:" If this where the Clone Wars cartoon, you would be royally screwed!"'

nice, can't wait for it. I actually bought the Version 1 and 2 of the clone wars series. I just had to. It was worth it. I liked the part where that sepretist leader is saying that his base is unbeatable. The jedi would need hundreds of jedi to take this fort down. He was halarious.

Archived