Home

Venator - out. Official

Guest DarthMaulUK

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I would say petro isn't the ones who did this. I would say it was lucas that told them to remove it. I had followed the cnc games and I found out that the last few where changed by ea. One of the games CnC: TS was changed by EA so that some of the stuff was removed to make an expasion.

I hope this doesn't happen to them anymore.

The question is this :

Why keep the Aclamator when you can keep the Venator ?!

The answer is this:

Balance issues. Acclamators are no more then armed troop transports, the Venator is a heavy cruiser.Just what the Rebels need, another cruiser to deal with and find weaknesses in. The Imperials already have a wide and varied selection of cruisers, so, why make another, let alone one that decomissioned by the time this game takes place. The only reason to include the ship at all is for variety and popular demand.

Afterall the designers say the game is fully modable.

They also said that the Venator was in.

Balance issues. Acclamators are no more then armed troop transports, the Venator is a heavy cruiser.Just what the Rebels need, another cruiser to deal with and find weaknesses in.

I can solve it! It has weak, close range weapons, but it's strength is the fighters it can carry. It's weakness is when it deploys them. See? I just beat Petro.

The only reason to include the ship at all is for variety and popular demand.

OMG! Variety and popular demand are evil! They destroy games! It's much better to take out all of the popular stuff and replace it with EU ships that have never been seen before!

I think that the X-Wing adds too much variety to this game. Let's take it out and replace it with.....um........T wings from X-wing vs. Tie fighter. Or something. And people won't mind if we take it out, will they? I mean, it's only popular. Who wants popular stuff? Pfft.

AARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I HATE U!!!!!!!

BRING BACK VENATOR!!!!!!!!!! thats really not nice! first tell us, its in. (all venator freaks like me where happy) and then cut it out ARRRRRRRGGGGGGG.....

i hope u will bring it back in a patch or im getting really mad!!!!!!

but acctualy t10 is right.... taking out the popular ones and put in ships, nobody care about issnt very good for publicity.... i mean this tanks are just ***** and they'r loking like a thing wich hasnt anything to do with starwars... if they take out a few more ships, the comunity will almost forgett, that they are playing a starwars game..... its like C&C generals... no different any more.... i am against T-Bombers..... better B52-Bomber from the USAF!!!! xD

Sorry if ya got offended.

Anyways, lover, it's the principle of it. It's not right that a developer (or publisher, for that matter) should insist on leaving out content, purely becuase people will make mods for it. In RA2, they didn't leave out Tanya and expect someone to mod it in. They did the work themselves. A good developer will make sure that they've covered what's suitable with that the rest of the game has. I just don't see Petro doing this...

Something Else, though, with the time-frame of the game it is almost essential for the Venator to be in because we start out just after ROTS. I as well will say that the Venator was one of the key BattleShips in the Battle of Coruscant. Also without the base developement of a SD then what will explain the creation of the SD.

I as well know for a fact that the ARC Starfighter was a pre-x-wing.

Sorry that we are swaying off subject.... But in the Commentary of Episode III, I heard from the people in the Commentary about the ARC being the pre-X-Wing. Other reasons for this is that the Empire orginally developed the X-wing as well. I have as well seen that the Venator ship was just renamed as the Imperator after the Empire rose to power. The main difference between the Z-95 headhunter and the ARC-170 Starfighter is that the Z-95 is developed by the Alliance vs. The ARC/X-wing was developed by the Empire. The Rebel Alliance did not develope the X-wing, thus it is not the Pre-X-wing.

In the Venator view of this, I see that the Venator is a key link for the time of the game and Episode III. If the Venator is out, it takes away part of link between the game and the prequel trilogy.

Technically the Z-95 was the pre-Xwing. It had been established way before the ARC fighter. (Im talking real life not star wars timeline). But then they made the ARC so both are really a pre-Xwing design. The Z95 also lasted longer than the ARC as it is still in use way after RoTJ. Though it was mainly used by pirate organizations after RoTJ. They wont be using the ARC in EaW as it isnt in the official site list. They will be using the Z95 as the pre-Xwing.

As for the Venator, without it in the space part of the game there is no Episode III ships at all. Sad. Correct me if im wrong of course.

Christ people, give it a rest already.

Your first clue that this could happen should have been when you read .... will take place a few years before the events of ANH ......

Your second hint should have been .... experience the creation of the Rebel Alliance ......

Now, explain to me, how can you possibly think that this game takes place in between the entire 20 or so years of ANH and Ep. III after reading this?

And secondly, seeing there are 2 sides, the Empire and the rebels, how can you then be able to play as the Rebel Alliance, a unified front against the Empire which was created only 2 short years before ANH, if the game starts a few years after Ep. III?

Having the Venator in was already controversal in the first place. It's like having the Executor in.

About the Z-95, the Arc, X-wing, etc .....

The Z-95, the Arc-170, and the X-wing, were all developed by a company called Incom Corporation.

The Z-95 "Headhunter" was ment for everyone who could afford it.

The ARC-170 was specially contracted to the then ruling government, the Republic.

As for the T-65 X-wing, I couldn't find any concrete evidence it was contracted by the Empire. I see indications that it was, and I always believed it was. Either way, the X-Wing design ultimatly ended up in rebel hands after the Empire decided to nationalize Incom.

So it's alittle more complicated than saying rebel side fighters, or empire side fighters, or republic side fighters. :)

the rebellion starts only 2 years before ANH? i dont know it, but im confused because in the cutted scenes of ROTS you can see padme talking to mon mothma, the leader of the rebellion, so i think the rebellion started not directly with the beginning of the empire, but not 18 years later - to much time... when you think about the steeling of the DS-plans only...not only 2 years

Archived