Home

Venator - out. Official

Guest DarthMaulUK

The Alliance to Restore the Republic wasn't formed until about 2 years prior to ANH.

I never said rebellious groups didn't pop up earlier.

Mon Mothma was not the single person to form the Rebel Alliance. The Rebel Alliance was formed by the, at the time, 3 biggest rebellious groups, one of which was headed by Mon Mothma. The other 2 was lead by Garm Bel-Iblis from Corellia, and Bail Organa from Alderaan.

Again, Star Wars is alittle more complicated than you think. ;)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And NEEEH Wrong Answer.

Rebellion began with the treaty of 2000. And the Rebellion began 4 years PRE ANH.

Garm Bel-Iblis united 3 pirate groups with the help of Mon Mothma and Bail Organa in an effort to thwart the Empire. After The Ghorman Massacre Bail Fully threw his efforts into the Rebellion resigning from the Imperial Senate to allow himself to be free-er to go and spread the fire. Leia was his replacement.

Bail was killed and Garm was pushed out of the limelight as Mon Mothma became the holographic face of the Alliance.

I thought it was self explanatory. This game takes place several years before ANH, so by then all Venator's would be decomissioned in favor of the newer models.

The Acclamator however, has no true replacement so far as i can tell, its a simple, armed troop transport, and is *NOT* a pre-cursor to the Star-Destroyer class. The Venator was replaced by the newer model, the Imperator-Star Destroyer, and after its inventon it is obvious they would begin phasing out the Venator, and by EaW's timeline all Venator's would be gone. But again, the acclamator doesnt really have much of a replacement so no need arose for the Acclamators to be decomissioned.

There a thing called gameplay and realism, in this case you might be right the venaters were scratched and replace but I dont care. Its a game, all in all I dont give a rats a** who built what when were or why. As long as it makes sence and has a little truth(no Empire with Mon Cals) but they could have or Nebulan-b's and the rebels can have some clone wars era stuff as long as its A Fun game to play.

edit: Mr.DancyRobots right this thread is about how we wish it was in and to inform people its not. So its NOT IN cry a little and look forward to every thing that is.

Back on topic if we would?

I think the removal of the Venator is disappointing, for me anyway, as it was my favorite Republic ship. I don't think however that it will ruin the entire game and I also don't think it was done so Lucas Arts could suck us for all our money. I am going to say that I simply trust the Devs to be doing the best that they can to bring us a good, solid, well-balanced game. If they too the Venator out, they probably have a reason that they think is good and I'll back them on that even if I don't know what it is.

They also say blind faith get people killed. :)

Well, Fosh, unless there's been a change recently in the history of the Rebel Alliance, all my sources state it started formally with the signing of the Corellian Treaty, where Garm united the 3 largest revolutionary groups, not pirate groups, with the help of Mon Mothma and Bail Organa.

So I got that last part abit wrong.

Now, I may not have the most recent books that has come out yet, so I don't mind being corrected upon.

But if you continue to be a wiseass about it towards me or anyone here again in the future, I will start deleting your posts.

Do I make myself perfectly clear?

You're starting to push my buttons.

Now, everybody start to calm down please.

I'm sorry Jan. I'll stay away from Debating over SW Lore with you :twoguns:

By all means, debate, discuss, and argue away with me to your hearts content. :)

But don't shove it in my, or others face, when we're wrong.

****, Fosh, you've been a moderator, and may still be one somewhere (I don't know, did you get your Mod status back over at PFF?). You should know propper forum conduct. ;)

By all means, debate, discuss, and argue away with me to your hearts content. :)

But don't shove it in my, or others face, when we're wrong.

****, Fosh, you've been a moderator, and may still be one somewhere (I don't know, did you get your Mod status back over at PFF?). You should know propper forum conduct. ;)

Ya well Conduct was never well thrust upon me on PFF

Well, the Venator replaced the Acclamator, really. The Acclamator isn't the only ship that can land on planets. You had Venators in dry dock and on Kashyyyk, so there was no need for the Accs. Venators are superior in every way.

Well, the Venator replaced the Acclamator, really. The Acclamator isn't the only ship that can land on planets. You had Venators in dry dock and on Kashyyyk, so there was no need for the Accs. Venators are superior in every way.

ummm, no it didnt.

THe acclamator is a troop transport, the venator is a combat cruiser and fighter carrier, not a transport ship. Just because the venator was on the planet doesnt mean it replaced acclamator, in fact far from it. Never in the history of any military, fictional or non fictional, replaced a troop carrier with a combat vessel.

BattleDamage is right the venator never replaced the Acc, the reason the Acc is still in the game is because a better transport was never created, thus showing a need for the Acc.

Then please explain why there was a Venator, and not an Acclamator in the background, during the first few shots of Kashyyyk beach. Where did the Juggernauts and AT-TPs (I think that's what they're called) come from? LAATs and AT-TEs were still in EP3, so Lucas wasn't changing everything. The Venator is better than the Acclamator in every respect. It's bigger, faster, more heavily armed and armoured.......

Ehm, no. :)

It first of all requires to have been built by the same manufacturer.

Secondly, it has to have been in service for so and so long period before something new comes to replace it. ;)

These were competing designs and companies. Kuat was already strong, but at this point Rendili (the creaters of the Victory) was struggling to survive.

The VSD and the Venator was developed at the same time, by 2 different companies.

Neither was the predecessor to the other.

oh yea thats right, but which company made the ven, and VSD, and ACC. the company that made the Acc, and the Ven would not have made the ven to replace the Acc because the ven is a carrier and not a transport. you cant replace a transport with a carrier, thats just dumb.

you cant compare the ven to the Acc, its like comparing a sports car to a mini-van. if you were to compare the ven to something it would have to be a SD.

Archived