Home

Just some ideas?

Sephion

I'm sorry if someone have already posted this, but I have a few ideas about OJP that I wish to share with you.

1. Add grapple hook.

2. Add jetpack function. (Like /jetpack in console to remove or add)

Just two thoughts I had, since I'm a roleplayer I'd love to see that as well in this mod and it would OWN totally.

Else, I love the animations and fatigue and hanging-on-ledge thing. Good job!! :)

Thanks for the feedback. :)

As for your requests...

1. I'm a bit wary about implimenting a grappling hook into the game. The traditional video game grappling hook isn't very realistic and would really unbalance the game for jedi vs merc style gameplay. Unfortunately, implimenting a grappling hook that would be realistic and not unbalance the game would be a huge amount of work, which is something I'm not really in the position of doing at the moment. However, it might be something to look for in the future. :)

2. Jetpacks are already in the game, it's really just a matter of determining how to get them in the most of the gametypes without unbalancing the game.

they are already in the ja+ mod and they completely eradicate any manouvering skills, plus allowing instant escape from danger. just looking at grapples only, dont you think the ability to move 100 meter in any straight direction almost instantly slightly unbalances the game?

Besides, why not just use ja+ or lugormod, since they are already much more roleplaying friendly

My idea is that is should definitely have limited usage, both in length and how often you may use it.

Set it to like 20 meter and add maybe a regneration bar or something, just a time limit of like 20 seconds till you can use it again...

my point is that raven developed the maps with wall run\grab\jump, force jump etc in mind. grapple effectively bypasses all those obsticles.

throw some1 off into the chasm in ffa4, is he dead? ...no... he just grappled right out. I was at a ff ja+ ffa server a few weeks ago it was ridiculous. the map was ffa5, so all ppl did was jump into the melee on the pad spam a few seconds, immediately grapple out onto the buildings\cliffs what not and heal etc... rinse dry repeat.

basically grapple negates force pull, force push, force jump, force speed, strafe jumping, wall running\jumping and mapping in general. it provides an escape from all situations which will only degenerate gameplay as seen on most grapple enabled servers already.

can you imagine grapples being enabled in ctf? while the impact may not be as great in generic ffa, the ridiculous imbalance is still there

lets not even get started with jetpacks.

Well, I'm talking RPG, not FFA. :p So it doesn't really matter, it's just an extra thingy that is common in roleplay and hard to "use" with emotes.

It is still possible to balance it as much as possible. Limited usage, range, etc.

What about updates to the force?

- Force Resurrect (in a mode where everyone gets one life, the force resurrect could be used to stand over a body (proximity is important) and you resurrect. This power was insinuated in episode 3)

- What about force object (bringing down obects from the roof, or throwing things around?) This has been used in the clone wars cartoon series, as well as the movies.

Thoughts?

wise

Well, the Force Resurrection thing isn't something that's really doable by characters in the movies. Sure, Palpy might be able to do it, but he never deminstrated that ability on anyone except himself.

As for using TK to move objects around. I've considered it. The biggie is that I just haven't messed wit the Force Powers yet.

As for using TK to move objects around. I've considered it. The biggie is that I just haven't messed wit the Force Powers yet.

I remember this topic being talked about at the MB site. If I remember right, no one there thinks the Quake 3 game engine will be able to handle it because of its inferior physics capabilities and especially when used at a high volume server. I'd like to see it too if its possible though.

oh, pis-pos, it's completely possible. It's probably more of a game mechanics issue more than anything. Namely, what happens when you try to TK a respawnable object? Personally, I'd probably just have an instance of the item be moved while allowing the respawn point to remain the same. Hmm, actually, thinking about it, it might not be that hard to do. hmmm.

Archived