Home

Let Lucas Arts hear our voice about Venator...

Athanasios

What do you think about the "deletion" of Venator from EaW?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the "deletion" of Venator from EaW?

• It's crazy! Venator class must be included in the game!
    • I definitely agree with Petro and Lucasarts; i'll send them a gift!
    • I don't care/ I don't know...

Ok, this topic starts getting exhausting, so, vote once and for all and let some developers see the outcome...

PS: About the 2nd option. I think Venator is selected by Lucasarts not be included. This is based on a statement a petro dev did "we have 50 models, but we're instructed which ones will be in...". Yet, since Petro creates this game and it is their first big game and its success will add a lot to their company status, in my humble opinion they can "discuss" some small issues such this one with Lec...

clarification: If you read the posts that follow, it is clearly stated that:

...the point is not Venator class itself, as if we cannot play without it, but what it represends, what it stands for, and this is the connection between Ep3 and Ep4. Furthermore, it's clear that one ship and one tank won't fill the gap of Ep3-Ep4, or, as someone pointed, the gap of "few years before Ep4"-Ep4, which turns to be the same thing if you calculate the years. In simple words, Eaw, in this current stage of developement, seems to has a serious problem as far as the connection of Ep3-Ep4 is concerned...
Just a small clarification since many people misunderstood the poll.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you have Acclamators so why not have Venators? If they axe the Venator then they should axe the Acclamators since they somewhat supported one another during the Clone Wars. Yes they both are outdated but the Venator could still serve as a scout ship to explore other planets. :vsd:

Well ships take awhile to replace since you dont want to risk an attack from some random group (besides the Rebels) that disagree with or wants to challenge the Empire :vsd: . The ship must still be in service since as I said replacing ships and risking an attack on Coruscant is just wrong and Palpy knows this and still has Clone Wars shipsstill in his hands until all of it is replaced.

In EAW it would work until you research the Venator to somethign eles but it still seems to have this fear effect on the enemy which could help - scout ship or support ship could be its role if outdated. :vsd:

It's outdated since the pics we have show it in the middle (metaphorically) of new designed ships, Mon Cals, Reb frigates, Star destroyers etc. It's like putting a Ford from the 70s decade next to brand new Ferrari and Laborgini models....

So, the point is that, since we must connect Ep3 with the rest timeline EaW is based on, we should include this ship at early stages, where all ships are made within a period, excactly as GhstolyYouki says. Then, we upgrade and we move on to tech tree.

One objection; 2 ships from Ep3 won't make player feel the passing from Ep3 to Ep4, don't kid ourselves. There more than this that must be included so that the stated timeline is covered. I know "you ask a lot", but you stated a lot too.

After all, why make things so confussing...think of it strickly as marketting if you can't otherwise...

But it's harder to justify the Acclamator being cut, as it, unlike the Venator, has an established history where it continues to serve the Empire thru the years, while the Venator was getting decomissioned in favour of the Imperator.

And since this game starts a few years before ANH (and not a few years after Ep.III like many seem to think), the decomissioning process should be well under way years ago by then.

It doesn't bother me that the ship is not included, though I admit the ship is one of my favorites looks-wise. But as long as the gameplay is great, the lack of 1 imperial ship won't matter to me. Besides, when I play the game, I guarantee I won't think, "damn, I wish the Venator was here." I'll be too busy having fun!

And since this game starts a few years before ANH (and not a few years after Ep.III like many seem to think), the decomissioning process should be well under way years ago by then.

If i'm not mistaken (correct me) each episode has a 10-years "gap" after the previous and before the next episode. If this has so, then 10 years are not much time to develop all new sd's and decomission the previous models; especially the last one. Ep4 - Ep3 is about 20 years gap i think, but if we take out the "few years before Ep4", then we talk about 14-15 years gap; not big one too, especially for a brand new armada to be built.

As for what Juggernaut says, that's also what i think, which i stated in the the first post.

This poll is nice and all, but keep in mind that it doesn't matter. It is a company, not a executive board that we all vote on.

I voted two, because I think it was a gameplay choice, not a timeline one.

Hope for the resource to still be in there to use, if not there are probably tons of folks who would be happy to make the model.

Like I said in the other Venator topic, it doesn't matter to me at all, besides there's a whole other part of the game that has nothing to do with space, so if you think about it, whether or not the venator is in the game is a trivial topic IMO. Just my two cents.

I agree, the amount of protest over this one ship is rather surprising to myself. I guess not being so interested in the expanded universe stuff might have something to do with it, but I don't think this ship I never heard of until recently even looks as cool as the original episode IV Star Destroyers.....

Well what would you say to a missing Tie Bomber or a ISD that was around that time period this game is set in but isn't and the devs said why the Tie Bomber or ISD isn't in :)

You know how words have meaning or how you know a ship so well you want to see it in the game? For example take the Correlian Corvette for example, not seeing that ingame would just be just weird when the Empire has their "Dreadnaughts". Seeing the Episode 2 ship but not the Venator is also off beat.

Why can't they just upload the Venator at the main EAW site as an optional download if they simply do not want it added in the official copy of the game for whatever reason? Sort of like how Maxis/Electronic Arts upload new landmarks for their Simcity games.

The model is already built and this would give Venator fans the satisfaction that they truly crave. If it does not fit in the story campaign, then fine. But at least let us have it for the conquest and multiplayer campaigns.

No it isn't. It's giving an indication of what the community thinks about this development. If EaW is followed a couple of months later by a (highly suprising) 'Clone Wars' expansion pack, featuring the Venator and a few other old things, I won't be buying it. I'll download a mod instead. Expansion packs should take the game forwards or back. Not both. There's nothing happening between EP3 and 4, so going back is a dead end unless they add the entire clone army and CIS forces. They'll make a RotJ pack with a few old things in for good measure. Bloody publishers.

Archived