Home

improved atsts?

yangyan

Ok, if anyone has outcast, ive noticed that the atst_vehicle is tons better than the jk3 one. Compare it yourselves, drag the outcast assets to jedi academy, go to the single player level with the drivable atst. Hop in outcast atst. Pretty good and realistic isnt it? Its walking movement is quite good, its head turns around, it has a beautiful camera view, and it has nice weapons. unlike the academy atst where the whole body turns to move, its got 2 types of fire and moves really slow for an atst. Also the camera is horrible compared to outcast atst. Is there any hope that this better atst can be turned into a vehicle?

The JA Single Player AT-ST is exactly the same as the JK2 Single Player AT-ST as far as I remember. The JA MP one is brand spanking new for this game.

I actually prefer the JA MP version since it's much easier to control, is more powerful and has a more movie-like feel (big bright cool shots instead of those weird weak ones that the SP version fires). Yes, it's too bad we don't get to turn the head independently of the body, but to many players that can get confusing and hard to control (think MechWarrior 2 & 3) and look odd. Perhaps also the developers felt that a walker which could move one direction and fire in another was a bit too overpowered for JA Siege?

But who knows, perhaps it could be made to work as an option... a "full control" AT-ST. But keep the weapon systems the same as the MP version, I say, since the SP version sucks (do you really want to have to swap weapons to use all three of it's guns?)

Archived