Home

ROTS Capital Ships

Vince Trageton

Hello there!

I'm actually from the XWA community, where I'm working on several projects right now.

One of these is a recreation of the Opening Space Battle from ROTS, featuring all the ships as high-detail models.

Anyway, since the models are made and are partially used in other game mods, I was wondering of any of you would have any use for them.

Right now I can offer:

Venator-Class Star Destroyer

Munificent-Class Star Frigate

Providence-Class Carrier/Destroyer

Republic-Style Victory-Class Star Destroyer

The models have about 5500-6500 polys and are textured as highly detailed as XWA allows.

Have some screens...

BCFrigate01.jpg

BCFrigate03.jpg

BCFrigate04.jpg

IHand1.jpg

IHand2.jpg

IHand5.jpg

Venator01.jpg

Venator02.jpg

Venator03.jpg

RVSD01.jpg

I have most of the models in 3DS format, complete with lightmaps, so if anybody is interested, I'll be willing to provide them.

Well, I don't know too much about JA editing and in what ways those could be cinporporated into a map, but generally I'd guess from their format you could use them as both - prefabs, map objects, theoretically even vehicles.

In XWA you simply place the models in a mission, give them flightpaths and certain orders and that's it.

Well, I don't know too much about JA editing and in what ways those could be cinporporated into a map, but generally I'd guess from their format you could use them as both - prefabs, map objects, theoretically even vehicles.

In XWA you simply place the models in a mission, give them flightpaths and certain orders and that's it.

LOL it would be sure weird to try to spawn a Star Destroyer in a map :vsd:

and then jump in :)

OK, I guess they'd be best used as map objects. as you can see I've done some minor detail modelling to the hangars of both the Providence-Class and the Venator(and the VSD), so those could maybe implemented as real hangars. The gates on the Venator's side trench can be removed..

omg its you. i love you work and i play with it much in XWA.

i wanted to make a map with your models but i could not get it oud of the OPT.

oo boy. do you got the models fore me?? (prefabs)

lol i even started a treath fore this material:http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1973926#post1973926

oo boy if you could send me this stuf then i can make a great map of it. i already made a hanger :)

• 2 weeks later...

Would be great, but it's not possible for XWA :(

That Coruscant orbit you see is basically a 30km disk with a raised edge to simulate some kind of atmosphere. Sort of like a frying pan ;)

There have been numerous attempts to build a coruscant-style landscape for XWA - I made some myself - but most of them somehow got lost and/or made way for other projects.

Archived