Home

Saber system suggestions

JRHockney*

That may be the case but currently if you want to be defensive in a fight and wait for your chances to strike you'll end up dead.

That depends on how well you parry and anticipate their mishap meter. If you parry their hits, their mishap meter will skyrocket and all you have to do is pushparry (attack parry), powerfake (attack fake) or wait till their meter is maxed out and take advantage. Once their meter is high, you can kick the crap out of them as well and hit them. They'll lose double DP damage and you'll be gaining whatever you lost back in regen as their vulnerable.

A simple solution for it would be to just take out lunge entirely, though nobody would want that 'cept me.

Lunge is actually a pretty important feature in OJP because it hits people on the ground and it has a different parry. You'll find as play more that some people are so good at parrying that you cant get threw their defense with normal swings. Lunge helps balance that out in combo. For defense against lunge you really have to keep an eye on their patterns and anticipate it. Once you do, you'll get them bad with double damage hitting on lunges or back hits. If their spamming lunge, dodge it and hit them in the back for alot of DP damage.

Another thing to note is that saber combat suffers from crouch spam much like MB2. Like my idea to stop crouch spam in MB2, it can be applied to OJP: making the offensive power of attacks when crouched severely lowered than normal.

There is no more real crouch spam in this mod if you know what its weakness is. We purposely disabled parrying while in crouch because it was being spamed previously. Just hit them back a lot when they try it and they will lose DP like a minigun loses its ammo [/end weird, but interesting comparision]

Yet another thing to note is that blue/teal stance have a very short slowbounce(? Not sure if that's what it's called), meaning being defensive against those forms is fruitless.

Yeah thats true. The animation has less frames and ends sooner. I was hoping that the fact that its easier to disarm/conversion in a heavybounce would balance that out, but I guess not. I think we just might have to look into extending that animation.

One thing worthy of note is that FP hardly ever goes down in saber fights and yet it controls your swinging speed. There needs to be something to lower it imo. Like I said, maybe on successful blocks it can take away 20 force points off your opponent.

20 FP points??!!!! We only have 100 to begin with! That would be like ending a match in five parries. I see where you might be going with this though, but it would only work by maybe have 2 or 3 points gone on your opponent for getting parried and 2 or 3 on you for missing or something like that. Otherall its not really needed though. Trust me on this one when I say that as your vet status increases, so will the length of your fights and FP drain will become more of an annoyance than anything. Me and Tanqexe often end up sneaking in a quick meditation in the middle of our fights just to recharge and get more then eachother so we dont end up in the 10 FP range and vulnerabe to lunge.

My last thoughts go out to kick. Not only is the kicked guy very vulnerable again to a lunge he is a sitting duck. I was wondering if the kickups from base could be implemented to allow movement and/or escape when kicked. Though if it is already there.....I must really be out of it. O_o

There is. Its called, "not letting your mishap meter get into slowbounce range (which is about 1/3 of the way up the meter from the bottom)" and just watching for a kick if it does. THeir used to be a kick block button, but it was taken out because it was quote on quote "over-complicated." I fought it being removed, but the system works ok atm eventhough there are still some issues with not having it anymore that I warned about.

I've found blocking to be rather pointless too, I never beat bots unless I beat them with a gun.

I played last night and was able to just parry almost every swing without fighting back and I held out for a good amount of time on straight defense. The tabbots are tough, but plenty beatable. Honestly, it sounds more like you need to learn how to play with this saber system proficiently more than anything. Unless you really know what your doing, youre going to get rocked anyone who does for sure. The manual at this forum has been updated and has a quick start guide in the being of it, but I would suggest you read the whole thing for the best detail.

Although I do think defense could use some kind of none random assistance. My idea above is geared toward that.

I was thinking a little more about chosens idea above about making parrying give back some DP, and I suppose its possible, but the DP values for non parried hits would have to be increased. It might be a interesting experiment, but it would be hard to balance completely.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm puzzled, the latest OJP has a really good saber system and I've never had any trouble with it. Lunge spam was nerfed back when me and Hocks tested it and found it to be too powerful...

I don't think blocking is pointless, you can beat TABBots by simply wearing them out.

But you won't be able to do it with a low level character and just parry, you'll need to use wits and strategy unless you have around 100DP. Use parry's,ripostes and kick your opponent over often to buy you time to regen.

Dude, how many times do we have to go over this? While animations for all the styles move at the same speed, the extra animation FRAMES in the windup anim of certain styles make those styles slower to hit than others. If I had the option to add 2 DP extra damage for aqua and I new it would end up doing the same damage as red if I did the same for red, I would choose aqua EVERY TIME and so would any logical OJP player. On top of that, in reality, Why the heck would a style that you can swing with one at high speed with no drawback (aqua) do the same damage as a style you swing like a baseball bat (red). Sword weights aside, imagine trying to block a scottish claymore with a fencing foil. We are throwing physics out the window by making them do the same DP damage when we make a two handed swing with a windup as strong as a one handed swing with no windup. Ok class, be sure to read the section in chapter 2 on inhertia and leverage, and questions 3, 4, and 6 are due tomar... wait a second... :p

Lightsaber blades don't have mass. As such, the user is basically swinging it with the mass of just the hilt. It's very weird from a physics standpoint.

Anyway, my intention with the saber animations has been to make them last the same amount of time and not just run at the same animation speed. In fact, I've had to tweak the animation speeds of several of the stances to make them run similar to each other. I understand that they might still not be perfectly matched up, but we can work on that. :)

Hmm, quick idea for the sake of swing spam. Maybe we should put a slight delay between each swing in a combo as you get up in mishap/balance. Maybe a 10th sec delay between swings on the slowbounce range, 20th sec on the heavy bounce range, and 30th sec on the last range. It would be mild of a change enough to tell for sure, but it would help prevent swing spam or at least make it easier to defend against. We could either make this only when you parry the person or we could keep it like this and just double it for parries.

Sounds difficult to impliment. Alternatively, it sounds like the issue might be that that MP cost for normal swings is too low. Ideally a player shouldnt be able to hack thru someone's DP in a single combo spam without the defender really screwing up. In addition, forcing an attacker to stop earlier is probably movie realistic since force users always tend to stop for a breather or taunt in the middle of a battle. :)

One thing worthy of note is that FP hardly ever goes down in saber fights and yet it controls your swinging speed. There needs to be something to lower it imo. Like I said, maybe on successful blocks it can take away 20 force points off your opponent.

Good point. I hadn't thought about the DP regeneration while running. Maybe we should try turning it off while running. Please note that DP doesn't regen while jumping as is.

Good point. I hadn't thought about the DP regeneration while running. Maybe we should try turning it off while running. Please note that DP doesn't regen while jumping as is.

O_o

It was regen'ing when I kept doing the cartwheel to get away from my opponent. Odd.....

Lunge is actually a pretty important feature in OJP because it hits people on the ground and it has a different parry. You'll find as play more that some people are so good at parrying that you cant get threw their defense with normal swings. Lunge helps balance that out in combo. For defense against lunge you really have to keep an eye on their patterns and anticipate it. Once you do, you'll get them bad with double damage hitting on lunges or back hits. If their spamming lunge, dodge it and hit them in the back for alot of DP damage.

Like I said, it was only a simple solution. I don't mind lunge, the massive DP I suffer for it getting spammed on me, I however dislike. :ears1:

20 FP points??!!!! We only have 100 to begin with! That would be like ending a match in five parries. I see where you might be going with this though, but it would only work by maybe have 2 or 3 points gone on your opponent for getting parried and 2 or 3 on you for missing or something like that. Otherall its not really needed though. Trust me on this one when I say that as your vet status increases, so will the length of your fights and FP drain will become more of an annoyance than anything. Me and Tanqexe often end up sneaking in a quick meditation in the middle of our fights just to recharge and get more then eachother so we dont end up in the 10 FP range and vulnerabe to lunge.

I understand that duels can last quite some time, but that is majorly due to the fact that like I said, there is no way to drain FP outside of attacking and using force powers themselves. :p

20 FP was pretty quick of me, maybe 5 FP?

There is. Its called, "not letting your mishap meter get into slowbounce range (which is about 1/3 of the way up the meter from the bottom)" and just watching for a kick if it does. THeir used to be a kick block button, but it was taken out because it was quote on quote "over-complicated." I fought it being removed, but the system works ok atm eventhough there are still some issues with not having it anymore that I warned about.

Not letting your mishap meter go up is easier said than done. I don't have a problem with mishap though, I just think it is kind of unrealistic and kind of cheap that when kicked down you can't do anything but wait for yourself to do that slow get up. Like I said earlier, the original base get ups where you do a kick up, roll, or even that quick flip up would be nice. Maybe so they have a penalty for doing it, you can again make it cost FP if you want to get up faster.

Just an idea. :smash:

I've found blocking to be rather pointless too, I never beat bots unless I beat them with a gun.

Blocking is far from pointless, it's just not as beneficial as keeping up an attack. Atleast imo.

I'll do better if I constantly attack someone then if I constantly defend. Which is something I don't really like as emphasized in my above post.

The problem that OJP had a few months ago was that defense was TOO powerful. The easiest way to win was to simply play defensive, focusing on parrying. You could keep doing this until your opponent was out of FP, or wait until he slowbounced and do a kick-lunge combo. The current system is MUCH better, and is very well balanced overall.

Also, I say keep the DP regen while running as it is.

Sounds difficult to impliment. Alternatively, it sounds like the issue might be that that MP cost for normal swings is too low. Ideally a player shouldnt be able to hack thru someone's DP in a single combo spam without the defender really screwing up. In addition, forcing an attacker to stop earlier is probably movie realistic since force users always tend to stop for a breather or taunt in the middle of a battle.

Maybe just for parrying like you said in IM. Thats what I did for may code originally. I had 1 mp cost for hitting, 3 for getting parried, and 2 on the defender if he doesnt parry. That why, the defender is still penalized MP wise for not parrying swings, but the attacker will go up twice as fast for getting parried.

Blocking is far from pointless, it's just not as beneficial as keeping up an attack. Atleast imo.

Yeah. Ideally, unless you're really good at straight parrying, you dont wanna go completely on defense. Its best to learn how to parry while you swing or take consistant swing breaks while you parry. The real secret to winning in a fight is swinging while parrying though and thats kind of how this system really shines in its movie realism.

I'm puzzled, the latest OJP has a really good saber system and I've never had any trouble with it. Lunge spam was nerfed back when me and Hocks tested it and found it to be too powerful...

You mean its still too powerful? If thats the case, I suppose we could nerf it again by throwing a parried lunge into a heavybounce or making it cost double MP or more. Hmm, that double MP idea might work pretty well actually. It would probably put the lunger into the next level up of MP and make them vulnerable to kick.

I have some thing to report as well as an idea:

In testing on late thursday night, razor took out the 50% mishap probability as an experiment to help us test the new attack parries. We kind of like it in combat so he raised the mishap regen to 1500. Well, the results were that we both liked it alot better than having the 50% thing in.

However, as a tribute to sushi and to help noobs, I thought maybe we should make the 50% thing a buyable feature that is toggleable. As a trade off for while the toggle is on, you wont be able to do any attack fakes. I mentioned this to razor and he thought it was an interesting idea. Also if possible, We might also want to put a second delay in there on the toggle just so people arent switching back and forth constantly. The buyable feature would be called something like "defense toggle" or something.

Alternatively, we might want to just drop the 50% thing. Besides, I think this would make the battles last shorter for newbies, which seems to be an issue for some people.

I suppose, but we're not exactly high on buyable saber features right now. And though we dont cater much to noobs, it might give them a better chance of learning parrying without thinking everythings swing spam.

I almost forgot..

Lightsaber blades don't have mass. As such, the user is basically swinging it with the mass of just the hilt. It's very weird from a physics standpoint.

Lightsabers dont have mass in the same since that a sword does, but the energy field makes it act like a sword as far as how it feels. Here's a quote from the starwars visual dictionary:

"Lightsabers tend to follow a similar basic structure, although many are very individualized by their Jedi builders. While the PURE ENERGY BLADE HAS NO MASS, the electromagnetically generated arc wave creaes a strong gyroscopic effect that makes the lightsaver a distinct challenge to handle.

In the first starwars movie, Lucas made obiwan and vader fight like they did because he believed that lightsabers should feel very heavy. He lightened up a bit for the rest of the movie trilogy when he realised the choreography benefits to having sabers that are at least medium weight.

On top of that, even if the sabers weighed nothing, you still have to consider the fact that a person with one hand on the saber will will be blocked with less strength than a person with two hands on it. The blocker has to use less strength to block against one hand and the attacker doesnt have as much leverage to push.

Trust me, the differing DP values made the styles very well balanced (except blue which needs to be the lowest) and we'll be saving ourselves alot of animation balancing trouble if we bring them back.

Alternatively, we might want to just drop the 50% thing. Besides, I think this would make the battles last shorter for newbies, which seems to be an issue for some people.

If we did, the only ways to cause mishaps would be:

1) Let your opponent overflow

2) Attack parry

3) Land an attack fake

#1 is troublesome for obvious reasons, #2 and #3 are very hard to do (even without lag as a factor). I don't mind if the 50% thing is removed, but if it is, there needs to be some other way to make mishaps easier to cause. Maybe I'm just uncoordinated, but if I try to attack parry every time, I don't even come close to 50%. And that's on my home system, against bots, without lag.

So, if you get rid of the 50% thing, you'll need to add something to compensate for the added difficulty in causing mishaps.

If we did, the only ways to cause mishaps would be:

1) Let your opponent overflow

2) Attack parry

3) Land an attack fake

#1 is troublesome for obvious reasons, #2 and #3 are very hard to do (even without lag as a factor). I don't mind if the 50% thing is removed, but if it is, there needs to be some other way to make mishaps easier to cause. Maybe I'm just uncoordinated, but if I try to attack parry every time, I don't even come close to 50%. And that's on my home system, against bots, without lag.

So, if you get rid of the 50% thing, you'll need to add something to compensate for the added difficulty in causing mishaps.

Kick does too, but in a different way. On the bright side (I think), I noticed that with the new attackparries, you often end up doing one without meaning to because you are holding attack alot when you parry and sometimes you catch a hit while your in the start fake anim, so they do seem to happen more frequently.

I wouldn't mind having another cash in move myself either. I've still been wanting to get MB2's backhand manuever in here, so maybe we could do something with that since it hits faster than kick and just make it cash in normally. Maybe just press alt attack without any movement when their within range?

Although, I still think we should further consider the 50% thing as a buyable option as I discribed.

Lightsabers dont have mass in the same since that a sword does, but the energy field makes it act like a sword as far as how it feels. Here's a quote from the starwars visual dictionary:

That's news to me. From what I've read, the sword master for the prequels intentionally had the blades designed so that their center of mass was in the hilt rather than partially down the blade like in a normal sword.

On top of that, even if the sabers weighed nothing, you still have to consider the fact that a person with one hand on the saber will will be blocked with less strength than a person with two hands on it. The blocker has to use less strength to block against one hand and the attacker doesnt have as much leverage to push.

I know, but I thought we had determined that it would be too difficult to balance them on a per stance basis. :|

Also Razor, if you're thinking of taking out regen of DP while running could you make it regen while walking? Would make walking while sabering more useful.

Yes you'd still regen DP while walking.

That's news to me. From what I've read, the sword master for the prequels intentionally had the blades designed so that their center of mass was in the hilt rather than partially down the blade like in a normal sword.

I know, but I thought we had determined that it would be too difficult to balance them on a per stance basis. :|

Yes you'd still regen DP while walking.

A "Promod-esque" suggestion.

Don't balance the styles on an individual basis. Rather, give each style a strength and weakness, with a circular nature in terms of what works best at what.

In Promod, the stances were never balanced either. Yellow stance was still the most widely used, because of its overall characteristics. Depending on what version, red or blue was the next "best choice". The styles were "balanced" by creating a trumping system. Essentially, yellow would out-finesse Red, Red would crush blue, and blue would disarm yellow.

I realize it's much harder to do that with five styles (more like seven considering the other two sabers), but then again, why really "balance" them? Give each style a marginal benefit and disadvantage, along with a penalty versus certain styles.

Of course, this whold argument falls apart because of the saber staff and the dual sabers. They are an anomaly in a rock-paper-scissor format since they user couldn't change styles quickly.

Still, I agree with JR on this one. The styles definitely need "values" to be given to them.

I really don't worry about the "balance" of the single saber styles because it's easy enough to add checks and balances. Yellow two effective because of the efficient animations, etc? Give blue a slight advantage over it. To trump it. That way, there's always a slight counter against someone that decides that "purple" is the best because of whatever stats it has.

Not DP damage wise. I think what we had before with the exception of blue stance was almost perfect. That way, if we did add a buyable feature such as "more damage" that adds 2 or 3 DP damage points, it could be added on to whatever style you choose and it would still be fairly balanced. Like if you bought "more damage" for blue, your opponent could buy the same thing for yellow and it would still be stonger than blue.

OJP should be about having fun, not changing styles whenever you see your opponent change styles. The match would never end if I changed a style to counter my opponent, only to have him change style to counter me, and I change to counter him, and he changes to counter me, and...

What I'd like to see are maximising the usefulness of the styles. In other words, giving players something they are adept at using. For example, players with a fast reaction time may prefer to use Makashi or Blue. Players who are aggressive by nature may prefer Red. As such, all styles have their pros and cons, but OJP still remains more or less skill based ie. parry reflexes, ability to find weak open spots etc. Hey, that's the crux of OJP anyway, isn't it?

OJP should be about having fun, not changing styles whenever you see your opponent change styles. The match would never end if I changed a style to counter my opponent, only to have him change style to counter me, and I change to counter him, and he changes to counter me, and...

I agree, but my point is that if the styles arent balanced against each other, like the slower styles doing more dp damage and the faster styles (or hit sooner styles) not doing as much, then players personal preference for style may be disadvantaged against other styles. I just see the DP values as alot easier and more realistic way of balancing the styles than doing a ton of animation chopping or speed ups.

What I'd like to see are maximising the usefulness of the styles. In other words, giving players something they are adept at using. For example, players with a fast reaction time may prefer to use Makashi or Blue. Players who are aggressive by nature may prefer Red. As such, all styles have their pros and cons, but OJP still remains more or less skill based ie. parry reflexes, ability to find weak open spots etc. Hey, that's the crux of OJP anyway, isn't it?

I'll agree with you here. Admitedly, the rock/paper/scissors style only worked in Promod because of the nature of saber combat in that game. There was more defense bonus for walking backwards, more offense for going fowards. Crouching added a defense bonus and an offense penalty.

Essentially, there was a rock/paper/scissor aspect, but with only three styles, this was hardly a problem or a game of "counters" so to speak. Then again, there was no DP or anything like that either, hence the lack of a need to counter constantly.

With OJP, what you said is correct. We'd have nothing but countering of styles. However, JR is still correct that, as it stands, we have a game where the styles really don't matter. You pick a style merely because you like the swing animations. That's just the truth of it. Blue style is just as radical as Red style. Sure, blue has less range and more rapid attacks, but other than that... what's the difference?

Red style, to me, doesn't seem like an aggressive style. It just seems like a style with longer range and slower combos than blue/turqoise. Yellow seems like it has less pronounced swings than purple and red. The impact of those styles just isn't there, and in battle I hardly ever encounter a switching of styles when up against human players.

Not that this is a problem. If you want to stick to one style, then so be it. But the DP values don't really match the styles being chosen. It's essentially a game, as it stands, of choosing a cosmetic look (or judging logistics on what you're most comfortable with, and what range the attacks have).

I don't think the DP values should be radical... just enough to reflect what the styles are supposed to represent. Admitedly, I don't know what those DP values should be.

====

On the other hand, I can see the opposition to this. There is more of a difference between the styles as it stands right now. But I think JR is still on to something... there is SOMETHING missing to differentiate the styles. Maybe it isn't DP values per hit/per block that we should be looking at then. Or maybe that's precisely what we need... a Fencing style, an Aggressive Style, a Fast Style, a Balanced Style.

I really don't know.

But if we created such styles, we'd get lost in a game where moves aren't so free-form, and it's more about who can use the styles most effectively. There's an element we don't have. I just can't really say, for 100% certainty, what that is.

Could be the animations. I think it'd make a big difference if for example, Makashi were to be faster at every animation , but causing low DP damage and having no parrying bonus ie. stunning opponent for longer periods (see Max's animation replacements), and contrasting it with Soresu, where it uses JKA's default blue animations (don't think OJP's blue really reflects Obi Wan's fighting style), and possessing a good parrying bonus. So if I have more points to buy skills, and I like playing both aggressively and defensively, then I'll buy Blue and Red. Or if I like playing super aggressively, then I'll buy Makashi and Juyo.

I know that while its not high on our priority list, I'll see if I can contribute to anims after my exams, which end on Nov 20 w00t

Could be the animations. I think it'd make a big difference if for example, Makashi were to be faster at every animation , but causing low DP damage and having no parrying bonus ie. stunning opponent for longer periods (see Max's animation replacements), and contrasting it with Soresu, where it uses JKA's default blue animations (don't think OJP's blue really reflects Obi Wan's fighting style), and possessing a good parrying bonus. So if I have more points to buy skills, and I like playing both aggressively and defensively, then I'll buy Blue and Red. Or if I like playing super aggressively, then I'll buy Makashi and Juyo.

I know that while its not high on our priority list, I'll see if I can contribute to anims after my exams, which end on Nov 20 w00t

I can learn to like that idea. Personally, that's how I'd envision the styles as well. Giving each one a primary strength and weakness.

Having a "dooku" style where precise attacks and speed are its strength, but a parrying defense that isn't as great as it seems. This would kind of mesh with the "mythology" behind Anakin's Form V style defeating Form II because Form II was unable to deflect or hold off the strength and aggressiveness. Or, as the EP III book supposedly implied, Dooku occasionally found his own blade being pushed up against him as he tried to "parry" or deflect Anakin's blows. I know that's all EU fluff, but eh, it makes for good ideas behind some of the styles.

Blue style could retain many of the qualities it has now. A very balanced style, with short range but quick attacks an ability to chain endlessly and steadily. Yellow could have its DP values left alone, etc., but perhaps give it bonuses for acrobatics.

Red could have the aggressive ability, doing more damage per swing, but at the cost of having a much higher Mishap threshold. Juyo would have even more Mishap (due to one hand), less damage, but perhaps a great parrying ability or movement.

I don't know. The other thing that kind of bothers me is that all of the saber swings are the same speed (practically). Not that there should be a radical differnence. But perhaps timing of the swings is something to look at.

Perhaps some of the styles could have faster fakes as well (although a quicker speed may detract from players having much control over where they deliver their strikes).

Perhaps the staff should have acrobatic ability bonuses.

I don't really know.

I suspect that you wouldn't be able to complete them in time for the v0.1.0 release. I'd prefer it if you worked on the main menu first and then go to animations if we still have time.

I don't know. The other thing that kind of bothers me is that all of the saber swings are the same speed (practically). Not that there should be a radical differnence. But perhaps timing of the swings is something to look at.

Perhaps some of the styles could have faster fakes as well (although a quicker speed may detract from players having much control over where they deliver their strikes).

I'm not for different swing speeds. It's not realistic and it would open a whole host of balancing issues.

I also don't think that acrobatic bonuses should be a style bonus. While acrobatic training might be a part of a certain style's training. That acrobatic bonus wouldn't just apply to the player while using that style. I'd rather have acrobatics be a seperate skill.

Anyway, I'd like to hear more discussion about style differences. Maybe we can come up with a good solution without making everything a seperate perk/disadvantage (which would be a bit of a hassle to impliment).

I suspect that you wouldn't be able to complete them in time for the v0.1.0 release. I'd prefer it if you worked on the main menu first and then go to animations if we still have time.

I'm not for different swing speeds. It's not realistic and it would open a whole host of balancing issues.

I also don't think that acrobatic bonuses should be a style bonus. While acrobatic training might be a part of a certain style's training. That acrobatic bonus wouldn't just apply to the player while using that style. I'd rather have acrobatics be a seperate skill.

Anyway, I'd like to hear more discussion about style differences. Maybe we can come up with a good solution without making everything a seperate perk/disadvantage (which would be a bit of a hassle to impliment).

But I really don't think we could make anything fun or realistic without all the anims having their own preset perk and con..

Whatever, I've posted my ideas on this loads of times and I don't mind them being ignored, as long as you guys can come up with something too.

But I really don't think we could make anything fun or realistic without all the anims having their own preset perk and con..

I would have to agree there for the most part. All styles being identical would be kind of boring. But at the same time, I don't think the styles need elaborate differences or anything. Just enough to make them have a balanced difference. I'm still ok with choosing your own characteristics for the most part, but if the normal damages or attributes dont at least reflect the look and the movement of the style. The more elaborate we get, the more difficult to balance it will be.

I would have to agree there for the most part. All styles being identical would be kind of boring. But at the same time, I don't think the styles need elaborate differences or anything. Just enough to make them have a balanced difference. I'm still ok with choosing your own characteristics for the most part, but if the normal damages or attributes dont at least reflect the look and the movement of the style. The more elaborate we get, the more difficult to balance it will be.

Archived