Home

bothan stealth

toue

i'm not sure if this goes here but off i go. i just remembered someone posted saying if you have the endurence award your stamina won't go down when using the stealth ability of bothans, since i had legendary i decided to try that out cuase i love sneakin along behind enemy lines (pretty dang good at it to) ut when i tried it all he did was turn white for a few secs then return to normal then back to white and so on also no matter what colors he was people kept shootin me like i was any normal guy wanderin around their command posts, so what i wanna know is how is it supposed to work and am i supposed to click and then it'll keep on or click and hold for it to work

it just needs one click to activate the cloaking device, then click again to deactivate it. Apparently the effectivness of the cloaking is dependent on stamina, the more stamina you have, the more effectivly you are cloaked, if your stamina is quite low you flash into vision and your cloaking device is of poor quality.

Just turning on the device uses some stamina, and having it activated seems to prevent you from regaining stamina at all, so if you have to jump/roll/sprint, make sure it's absolutly necessary, because you have to turn stealth off in order to regenerate stamina again. Not somthing you want to do behind enemy lines.

Also it seems the AI see's you when your cloaked but won't attack you, it's kind of weird, sometimes Ive had them attack me when I was completely concealed, other times they follow me around but don't shoot, and sometimes they don't notice you at all, but this almost never happens to me. All in all is seems that bots can "see" you with the device but are programmed not to attack, maybe my stamina was just too low.

It's also interesting to note, that in Single player the bothans stamina does not decrease while using the cloaking device, unless you jump/roll/sprint, but in multiplayer, it is always slowly decreasing when the cloak is active. It seems to be more effective against humans then bots, because unlike bots, humans can actually fail to notice you, allowing you to sneak up with your incinerator, but they also will be the ones to pick you out easiest to, especially if your moving around too much.

well that is a bit strange, can you say lucasartsneedstospendmoretimeonspys? a lil note of my own before i go try it again if you stand perfectly still you can regain all that lost stamina from turning on stealth with endurence active

edited: i just tried it and i think i found my problem, i was running around the death star prisons with it on so there was lots of running into people and such and i think hitting things turns it off

You cannot cloak when a weapon or secondary weapon is not completely loaded. For example, if you used regeneration and are cloaked, when you walk over an extra ammo, you will uncloak until your new regeneration is 'reloaded' and ready to use.

If you have endurance, online or single player, standing still while cloaked will regenerate your stamina. I have never seen a different between online and offline.

The AI is really mean and knows where you are when cloaked.

Ah, I never noticed it could regenerate with enderance before that's good to know.

But their actually is a diffrence between online and offline stealth, when playing over the internet your stamina slowly decreases when stealth is active, instead of just staying at one fixed level, and then just decreasing when you sprint/jump/roll. I haven't tried it with endurance yet though.

I wish it wouldn't, the bothan is tricky to use without always having to recharge your stamina, especially when your sneaking around enemy territory.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's what I've seen with Endurance (and I haven't immediately noticed a difference between online and off)

Without Endurance:

Reduces even if standing still, reduces VERY rapidly when burst running/rolling

With Endurance:

Holds even when moving normally, reduces when burst running/rolling, regenerates when standing still

I remember doing this in Galactic Conquest on Hoth and staying cloaked long enough to get all the way from the hangar to CP1.

• 3 weeks later...

It does help to play in 3rd person view when you are a Bothan. There's not much aiming to do as bothan so you dont have to play in 1st person.

About the AI sensitivity(everyone should be refering to the elite one,right?), it seems to depend on range and your movement. I think they are set this way as real player should see the 'blur' when you are close especially moving.

The AI's sensitivity seems to change with map too.In Mos Eisley(SP?), I can run around incinerating imps and placing time bombs on turrets. But the AI on Kamino seems to be able to spot me much more easily especially at outdoor (the turrets always shoot at me) .Maybe it's the rain?

• 6 months later...

Archived