Home

Challenge.

REDJOHNNYMIKE

Until we get some new gametypes, how about some friendly competitive custom objectives:D

Here's the idea, think of some kind of challenge, pulling of a hard feat, doing certain tasks, get some score on some level, anything, the only catch is you have to do it yourself first.

I'll make an easy one to get it started.

SUB N00B Level difficulty: Play the tutorial and get one of every medal.

Simple enough, but somebody's got to get the ball rolling;)

Ammendment #1: Challenges concerning mods or modded areas are acceptable.

Ammendment #2: If your challenge is particularly complex or extremely hard, you have the option of giving one hint.

Alright, heres my first challenge to anybody looking for one: Complete Mos Eisly: Assult without dieing once. As Han Solo (Or princess Leia or Chewbacca to I suppose, ole Han just seems to fit better).

Not the most creative scenario but it's fun to try to stay alive, especially with all those crazy jedi/sith running around cutting each other up. Scoring kills is secondary in importance, one death and you fail. I find it works best with at least 15 units (players or bots) on each team, otherwise it's to easy, but you can change numbers for an increase/decrease in challange. Just try to stay alive and maybe drop a couple of D. Mauls while your at it.

Ive managed to do this relativly easily in SP, but in MP I find it really hard, especially with all the Infinate choke/Force Collapse stuff going on, but I have learned how to use Han alot more effectivly. He's not jedi fodder anymore!

I'll see if I can't think of somthing a bit more challenging later...

i've done the frigate infiltration several times nothin beats slowly falling to your death on your own ship or just missing it and imagining the faces of the officers looking out windows who must've seen you and all but demo for the first one and i should try that last one sometime

This isn't a Challenge, but it's a new gameplay mode:

Space Camper Wars!!!!!!

Goto any Space Galactic Civil War map, Choose your team, and get in a ship. If you're rebels, then goto the Empire Hanger and steal one of their ships if you're Empire, then get in a ship. Now, do the space glitch, and get out. Go hide in the wierd boxes on the ouskirts of the ships because you can easily walk through them, and duck. You'll be completely invisible. Now get sum other people to do the same and have an awsome camping war!

Alright, heres my first challenge to anybody looking for one: Complete Mos Eisly: Assult without dieing once. As Han Solo (Or princess Leia or Chewbacca to I suppose, ole Han just seems to fit better...
How about highest kills with ONLY the guided rocket on MP? I've gotten 9 kills with 13 deaths with about 27 human players on the server. You need to find a nice out of the way spot near an ammo droid to not get killed every time you are flying the guided rocket.

^ Yeah, Ive tried that before, didn't do so well though, I think it was 2 kills, 7 deaths. It's a good idea for a challenge though, use only guided rockets to attack foes on Mos Eisly Assault, to win your kill rate must be at least twice as high as your death rate. Actually winning is optional. You must use chewbacca, but can switch to Han for short periods to repair ammo droids.

@PA, Is winning a requirement for this gametype, or just an option?

Nah, it's not a requirement. The main goal is staying alive throughout the entire hero war.

@Kenobi, How do you "space glitch"?

@PA, Is winning a requirement for this gametype, or just an option?

well theres diffrant types of space glitchnig

1st type:you can get onto any sides flagship by foot

2nd type:wallhacks

3rd type:getting a ship though the flagship so its possible to fire inside the hanger with a ship

4th type:jumping onto frigates to jump around the map with pilot or marine

5th type: produce health and enegry by killing yourself

those are the main ones

@PA, Your Solo challenge was pretty fun, I ended up with about 33k's too.

Here's one, Play Kashyyk (rebels or clones--defenders) Spawn at the tree fort on the beach as an engineer (so you can build and repair turrets), you're not allowed to leave the tree fort for any reason (you can go on the ramp too) use only the beam turrets and your shotgun (no detpack or large cannon) if your local CP is taken you have to suppress spawning enemies until backup arrives (you aren't allowed to retake it yourself) if you die and can't respawn at your CP it's game over.

Dying is allowed (within the fort), you do have to win, and SP or MP are both okay.

@Zerted, I can't try that because I don't have internet, but have you tried disguising your location by flying stealthily around the edge of the map and stricking from a different direction, or do you just try to take as many shots as quickly as possible?

I'd like to try the space glitch challenge, how do you get onto the sides of a flagship, or jump around on frigates?

for the space glitch spawn as republic and hop in a ship (i don't think the transport works) and very quickly land if it doesn't work take off again and repeat till it works or you fly out the hangar, then get out and you should be on the glowy white thingy where the hangar shield comes out of carefully drop down to the bar that goes around the ship and wait for those frigates to come near you. bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

...Zerted, I can't try that because I don't have internet, but have you tried disguising your location by flying stealthily around the edge of the map and stricking from a different direction, or do you just try to take as many shots as quickly as possible?...

The faster the rocket goes, the more damage it causes (and the bigger the explosion). I fly around the edges of the map looking for a target. Once I get one, I fly away, do a flip, and boost to the target.

challenge: on kashyyk be a engineer and servive the whole match without killing being killed or using your health/ammo packs reinforcments MUST be 100+ and preferbly 15+ ai units, also you may weaken vehicles with detpacks as long as you don't finish it off. i thought of that while trying redjohnnys one good luck and winning is optional

I fineally completed your challenge REDJOHNNYMIKE, took me a couple (a whole lot) of times, 67 kills, 7 deaths, with 32 bots... and 225 reinforcements. I thought it was a bit boring at first but then the droids completely overwhelmed me, half the time I was barely alive, holding off droids with my shotgun, good challenge.

Now Ive got to think of another one, i'm thinking somthing involving the Bothan, but I haven't completed it yet so I can't post it...

@PA, Usually the troopers are much easier to hold off than the droids, but I like using the shotgun as it's harder when you can't get in close, the beamturret can be devestating when used properly (just jump out if you see anything remotely resembling a rocket:lol: )

I don't use the bothan much, so I will practice in eager anticipation of your challenge:D

@CO, Sounds fun, I'll try and take it on tomorrow night:D

@toue, Ill try that as well, I've never thought of trying to play just for survival.

Alright, heres my first challenge involving the Bothan Spy: Play Endor, and spawn at CP 4 as any class you like, then capture CP 3, by then you will hopefully have enough points to be the spy. Once you can spawn as a spy do so, now the challenge really begins.

As the spy your job is to defend the rebel CP's by making sure no AT-ST passes the second ewok log trap. If an AT-ST passes the second log trap you lose. Also once you spawn as a spy, you must survive the remainder of the battle as that spy, you die, you lose. To win, simply ensure no AT-ST passes the second log trap for the entire round. Good luck spy!

My personal stats for this level were 25 bots, with 100% reinforcements, but you can fiddle with these for an increase/decrease in challenge.

My personal best was 3 (edit: 4 now!)AT-ST's, I would have had more but sometimes they're finished off before my time bomb 'splodes so I can't really take the credit.

By the way Commander Obi-Wan, just some clarification needed on your challenge. Are you allowed to use award pistols? Are vehicles/turrets allowed? and can you use secondary weapons? I managed to win but I used the award pistol, a few grenades and used taun-taun's alot so I'm not sure if this would count as victory.

Any CW space map as a Republic pilot: Board the enemy capital ship using a gunship, and proceed to destroy all four systems within the control area. Steal one of their fighters, hightail it back to your capital ship, and finish up the map as you will. Must play on Elite difficulty, and no deaths. ;)

By the way Commander Obi-Wan, just some clarification needed on your challenge. Are you allowed to use award pistols? Are vehicles/turrets allowed? and can you use secondary weapons? I managed to win but I used the award pistol, a few grenades and used taun-taun's alot so I'm not sure if this would count as victory.

Yes....an award pistol would be good enough...i'll give you it.

Finish a map with 2 billion renforcements. Winning or losing by one team capturing all the CPs doesn't count. Don't forget to post a screen shot of the results. Lets us know how long the longest bot camped, the highest deaths, the highest kills, how long the game took, etc...

Archived