Home

How Far Would Grim Fandango Go As A Film?

I say, I say

Likewise with the Corpse Bride.

However, Grim Fandango as a film could be a good or bad thing. For instance, they could make a new story line that bodges it up completely, or the medium they use could bodge it up. If I had to say a medium, it would have to be the animation they use in the game, with the same voice characterizations, the full fandango (no pun intended), and even then, it might not be as good.

Make it faithful to the game, with the same animation and voices, then yes. But personally, no offense Scorpicus, I think that plasticine is a bad idea. Also, how would you get all the bones to be separate?

I'm still favouring the real people way to go, but I think plasticine over computer animation. Why? I don't really know, I think if you did it using 3D animation it would seem too much like the game. Also I don't think 2D animation would be too good neither, since its been pretty much replaced by 3D animation- when was the last succesful 2D film? Back in the 90s. Audiences expect more from the animation nowadays.

I'm still favouring the real people way to go, but I think plasticine over computer animation. Why? I don't really know, I think if you did it using 3D animation it would seem too much like the game. Also I don't think 2D animation would be too good neither, since its been pretty much replaced by 3D animation- when was the last succesful 2D film? Back in the 90s. Audiences expect more from the animation nowadays.

If you did it in the style of Corpse Bride/Walllace and Gromit it could look amazing! I never thought about that before

There are two directions you could take a GF film: You could play up the humour and aim it more at familys, or you could play up the drama and aim it at adults. I guess if you were going for oscars you might go for the adult audiences, but then again you don't want to cut off the kids who play the game... I guess the real beauty is finding the middle way inbetween *sudden relisation of going in a circle in thoughts* Wohoo! Pointless post!

• 2 months later...

Archived