Home

Darth_Torpid-PG Question & Answer Event

popcorn2008

Not that I am trying to take away from the Q&A session, but could you guys limit these to your top 5 questions that have not been asked? There is an approval process here at Petroglyph and it's easier to move 5 questions than 20.

Thanks guys!

Moving ....

That had an almost criminal feel to it. :D

Negotiations ... hmmm ...

Well, since we're running alittle behind PFF, could we up it to 10? ;)

Well I post this question

The A-wing design was completed just after Yavin with it being sent from Dodonna to Blissex for final completion. It was designed after Dodonna noticed that the Alliance needed speed to battle the Fast TIE Fighters. It was put into limited production prior to Hoth. We know this as Tycho Celchu mentions that the A-wings at Endor were made in small workshop setups with the interior of his A-wing haveing inlaid wood from Cardooine.

The Lancer Class Frigate was in limited production in the ANH-ESB period as a direct counter to the X-wing and Y-wing bomber threats against Imperial shipping concerns.

The SSD was in production prior to Yavin. In the Months subsequent to Yavin it was shook down and then the Executor was delivered to Vader's Death Squadron at the Yavin blockade. In this Fleet there were also the initial run of ISD2s.

According to this then all of the above ships should be in EAW!!! As The A-wing was produced AFTER the SSD was made.

As a Response to the SSD the B-wing was designed and made by Ackbar and some Verpine Techs.

Therefore Why oh Why is only the A-wing in the game?? All the main EU ships and fighters were produced alongside or before the A-wing. So why the Timeline Issues?? Just add in about 3 more units per side or remove the Tartan and Broadside to allow the Carrack and Lancer!! :D

Personally, i'd like to see V-wing for rebs too; it's just cool in Rogue Squadron series, especially with its mutli-missiles system that can take out 3 ties (2 missiles per tie) at once. Yet, i don't know when it was produced...

As for the 10 questions you mention Jan, im with you mate, keep walking! I'll be in the (very) rear lines backing you up (*cough cough*) :)

I dont know if i'm still on time, but i have a new question (2nd)

will you be able to call in reinforcements while you're in a space battle?

if yes:will it take time to get that fleet over to your current position and does that time depend on the distance how far the fleet is?

Personally, i'd like to see V-wing for rebs too; it's just cool in Rogue Squadron series, especially with its mutli-missiles system that can take out 3 ties (2 missiles per tie) at once. Yet, i don't know when it was produced...

As for the 10 questions you mention Jan, im with you mate, keep walking! I'll be in the (very) rear lines backing you up (*cough cough*) :)

If everyone is at the rear won't you end up at the front?

I'll be far away providing data so the battle won't affect me. (but im with you)

I dont know if i'm still on time, but i have a new question (2nd)

will you be able to call in reinforcements while you're in a space battle?

if yes:will it take time to get that fleet over to your current position and does that time depend on the distance how far the fleet is?

something I would like to know 2.

Reminder!

Just to let everybody know today we will begin selecting our top 5 questions for the Q&A event. The deadline to post your question is tonight at 9:00 PM in Eastern Standard Time. As of this writing that is 6 hours away, to give you an idea for your own time zone. I posted this at about 3:00 PM (EST).

Thank you to everyone who has participated already and we will be sending and showing what the top 5 selected questions were most likely on Wednesday.

The A-wing design was completed just after Yavin with it being sent from Dodonna to Blissex for final completion. It was designed after Dodonna noticed that the Alliance needed speed to battle the Fast TIE Fighters. It was put into limited production prior to Hoth. We know this as Tycho Celchu mentions that the A-wings at Endor were made in small workshop setups with the interior of his A-wing haveing inlaid wood from Cardooine.

The Lancer Class Frigate was in limited production in the ANH-ESB period as a direct counter to the X-wing and Y-wing bomber threats against Imperial shipping concerns.

The SSD was in production prior to Yavin. In the Months subsequent to Yavin it was shook down and then the Executor was delivered to Vader's Death Squadron at the Yavin blockade. In this Fleet there were also the initial run of ISD2s.

According to this then all of the above ships should be in EAW!!! As The A-wing was produced AFTER the SSD was made.

As a Response to the SSD the B-wing was designed and made by Ackbar and some Verpine Techs.

Therefore Why oh Why is only the A-wing in the game?? All the main EU ships and fighters were produced alongside or before the A-wing. So why the Timeline Issues?? Just add in about 3 more units per side or remove the Tartan and Broadside to allow the Carrack and Lancer!!

Please dont use this question, they will not put these in the game no matter what you say and it takes away a question slot that could be used for an important question about whats actually going to be in.

I don't believe I have ever heard mention of a question I am about to ask, so without further ado..

If I recall correctly, Emperor Battle For Dune had co-op when you connected online and you could play the campeign together. Will EaW feature a co-op system and if so, how will it be done?

* Long time, no see Delphi! If you happen to remember Red_Alert41 in the RA2/EBFD days. ;)

Will units be able to move and fire at the same time?

If i recall well, yes, we can see this at the trailers. It was something done in Force Commander too.

As for the Tokarev's question, my vote goes for it ;). I'd like also to play EaW cooperatively with my little brother and the only 1v1 campaign limits this. Heh, whatever, i'll let him win anyway :smash:

Archived