Home

Underworld - The Beginning of the New War

Darth NeoVenom

Maria swore quietly at the pile up and looked around. "Stupid motorists can't keep going in a straight line," she muttered. Then, a car hit her from behind. She yelled, but it did no good. Her car was small and its engine was in the back. Now, she'd have to walk. She got out, swore at the man who'd hit her and walked away, shivering and sputtering because of the rain.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man swore back at Maria as he looked at the damage of his car. On the sidewalk to Maria’s right, she can see two Vampires talking casually to each other as they viewed the accident. They could pass by as regular people to the human eye, but Vampires can distinguish them for what they really are. Sirens from Ambulances and Police cars can be heard towards the direction of the pile up.

Meanwhile, back at the tunnel leading to the sewer...

"My name is Sabrina by the way." She said this to Tyberius because she noticed he kept on calling her "Vampire". Maybe it is because he did not know her name or he still did not respect Vampires even with the truce going. Sabrina brushed this thought aside. Not everyone is going to like her in the world.

"Yes," The vampire sneared at Maria, "A couple of traitors and a Lycan who we were following, now we've lost them." He started to walk away but stopped after only a few steps, "You haven't seen anything have you?"

Just then Zaris came up to them.

"Did you see anything in the subway?" The vampire asked.

"No, nothing, have you seen anything?"

"No."

The mood was grim, and the weather made it worse.

"No," Maria answered. "No, I haven't. Sorry."

With that, she turned and hurried on her way, hardly able to believe she'd survived an encounter with Vampires that would rather kill her if they knew who she was and on which side she stood. Temporarily forgetting the rain, she decided she'd have to be much more careful about who she spoke to.

Then, she shivered, the temporarily forgotten rain refusing to be forgotten forever. As much as she could, she stayed dry, but she was completely soaked by the time she made it home.

Inside her plastic bag, however, her books stayed perfectly dry.

After the long crawl in the cramped tunnel, Sabrina, Lorelei, and Tyberius finally made it to the sewers. The smell didn't improved but they could finally walk their way thru the rest of the sewers. Sabrina saw several rats run in panic along the cement sidewalks to the sides of the tunnel as she got onto it. She did this to get her trench coat and boots out of the murky water. The only sound that can be heard was the dripping of water, rats squeaking, and the dull sound of the water moving beneath their feet.

Meanwhile above grounds, the vampire Zaris was with swore under his breathe. "Well we might as well head but to the mansion. I'm going to rally up everyone and then we heading out."

"Great wars…? Not me. I was turned about 100 years ago but I have fought in numerous battles, for an empty cause I might add." She checked the front of her while Lorelei checked the back. "Well it seems safe." Sabrina said to Lorelei. "Doubt anybody knows these parts of the sewers, but I agree...we got to be cautious." She looked around the sewers casually. There were three ways to go, left, right, or ahead of the small tunnel they came out off. "Alright...this way." said Sabrina as she walk back into the water and onto the small sidewalk in the other side. She took the route that was ahead of the small tunnel.

Lorelei followed Sabrina and looked at Tyberius.

- "I haven't fought in any either, found myself in gunfights more than once, but not as often as I'd like, how about you Tyberius you must have some great stories" - Lorelei said following after Sabrina.

After a long walk thru various tunnels and different routes, Sabrina, Lorelei, and Tyberius made their way to a set a stairs leading upwards to a sewer lid. "Alright...once we go up, we will be in an alleyway behind the club. The place is well secured...thankfully." Sabrina grabbed hold of one of the steps and set her right foot on another. She then began to climb the stairs first.

Meanwhile back at the mansion, as Zaris and the other Vampires stepped inside the mansion, they could hear various Vampires talking about what happened tonight. Word has spread rather quickly throughout the mansion about the whole incident that happened at the streets of this city. One Vampire was talking in earshot range with a bunch of other Vampires, "I say it was luck that they got away. We are smarter than those Vampires that left from this mansion, especially smarter than those Lycans and Selene."

Back where Maria was at, close to her home, she could hear two people talking. "Where the hell is Naz and Gabe? They should have already taken care of those damn Vampires..." said a person. "How the hell should I know?" said another. The first person who was talking swore, "We might as well hunt some down here, not only them but those damn traitors too."

At the strange voices, Maria froze. Killing vampires? Great. Just what she needed. First, the rain with its disgusting sliminess and now a chance of being killed? It wasn't that she felt she'd be killed... she simply wasn't pleased when it was attempted. She shook her head slowly. Maybe it was time to stop living alone.

Back out into the rain she went, shuddering at its touch, but determined to find... well, she wasn't sure what their names were, but she hoped those in favor of the truce would welcome her. She was tired of fighting alone.

At the mansion, the Vampire laughed to himself as Zaris said nothing. "Yeah...thought so." he said. He then stepped out of the room with his friend and slammed the door shut. Zaris heard some mumbling outside as the people in the hall began to talk again.

On the streets, nothing special was happening around Maria. Just people casually walking pass her on the sidewalk with their umbrellas opened as cars drove by on the streets. Sirens could still be heard off the distance because of the huge pile up that occurred earlier as well as the sound of rain. The weather was still rather gloomy and occasionally a flash of lightning and the sound of thunder could be heard.

Sabrina, Lorelei, and Tyberius stood in a dimly lit alleyway while the rain poured on them. Sabrina closed the lid after Tyberius went thru it. Just as Sabrina said, they found themselves in an alleyway at the back of various buildings. In front of them there was a tan color building with a steel door. The door had a slot almost at the top and it was lit by a lamb above the door. A Camera pointed at the door to see exactly who was at the door. It had no doorknobs, which made sense since it is a back door. To the sides of it were a bunch of band posters on the walls of the building, saying a specific date they will be playing at a club called Club Necro. These poster looked like they ran along the sides of the building as well. Sabrina squinted her eyes as she looked at Lorelei and Tyberius, "As you can tell by the poster, this is Club Necro." Sabrina then approached the door and knock on it twice with her right hand. "Name?" said a voice from behind the door. "It’s me, Sabrina..." There was a moment of silence and then the slot opened up. It had a sort of glass in the space, most likely bullet proof glass to prevent people from shooting at whoever looked thru. The slot closed and the door swung open. Sabrina took the lead and went thru the door first.

Back at the new Lycan base, nothing much was happening. It was being patrolled on and off; making sure everything was alright in it. Majority of the Lycans were either training or talking in the main hall. NeoVenom went out of the base a while ago since staying at the base was not doing any good for him. He felt better than before, however, as he went thru a complex route thru the sewers which took quite some time. NeoVenom then found himself at a set of stairs. These were not the same stairs that Sabrina and the others climbed, but a different set. He climbed the stairs and went thru the sewer lid. Once he was at an alleyway to the side of the club, he closed the lid of the sewer and walked to the main sidewalk of the club. A couple of bodyguards were in conversation with themselves as NeoVenom approached the front doors. The front of the building looked more impressive than the back. It was surrounded with a velvet robe and had four marble pillars adjacent to each other. At the very top of the building, approximately where the third floor was, there was a huge sign with the name "Club Necro" in black, which had a dull glow. The words were outlined with blue neon. "Good Evening NeoVenom." said one of the bodyguards. "Evening Bruce, how’s everything?" replied NeoVenom. Bruce unclipped a section of the velvet robe in front of the doors and let NeoVenom thru. “Everything’s good.” replied Bruce as NeoVenom passed him. “Good, good. Good talking to you again, Bruce.” NeoVenom said as he padded on Bruce’s left shoulder while he passed by. As NeoVenom approached it the front doors, another bodyguard opened the door for him. “Thanks.” NeoVenom said as he stepped into the club.

The club wasn't that pack this night but it still had a lot of people in it. It was lit with blue and white lights that switch between each other in a fading effect. A couple of people can be seen sitting at the bar on stools, sitting in blue lounge couches behind tables that are found on either the left or right side of the club, or dancing at the back of the club near a stage where a band was playing. As NeoVenom stepped thru another velvet robe, which was found at the very front of the club, Sabrina, Lorelei, and Tyberius went thru a small hallway with a couple of rooms at the sides before they made it inside the main room. Once they made their way to a door at the end of the hallway, a bodyguard opened it for them and they all found themselves all the way at the end of the club, around the left hand side of the stage. The music blasted thru one of the speakers adjacent to them. "There is an elevator at the left side of the club." yelled Sabrina over the loud music. She pointed where the elevator was. "If you want to stay down here for a bit, you can…I'm going to be upstairs." yelled Sabrina. She then waved at them and started walking towards the elevator. NeoVenom went towards the bar and waved at the bartender. “What will it be NeoVenom?” said the bartender. “A Soda will be alright…” replied NeoVenom. The bartender then nodded and turned around to prepare NeoVenom’s drink. NeoVenom took a sit on a stool while he waited. Meanwhile, the weather didn't improve outside but got even worse. Rain started pounding hard onto the streets of the city. After a while of walking at a quick pace to get out of the rain, Maria saw at a distance the club NeoVenom, Sabrina, Lorelei, and Tyberius were in. She had a long way to walk though, since it was a couple of blocks away.

Archived