Home

Hackleburg City heroes

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louis looked as Miranda entered the building and walked inside after her, closing the door. "The school has a very short history. We built it three ears ago, and it's since made over 20 mutants and superheroes comfortable and talented in using their powers" he said and led her down the hallway, towards the training grounds

Black Spider looked at Falcon and shook his head. "You'll encounter something like my webs in the hardest levels of training. You should especially try the hardest level of combat training. I just installed the new whip-using lizardmen"

Shadow kept walking until he came across huge fences surrounding a park. He peered thru the fence and made out a tiny house far away. It was easy to get over the fence for Shadow but he wasn't going to take any chances. "You think that building all the way over there is it?" he asked as he pointed in its direction.

Black Hawk examined the fence and then looked at the building peering over the trees, it didn't look like it was anything they should worry about, then again the sanctuary wouldn't be a place you just walk up to.

- "I guess I could be, but if it's what they said, you can expect much defense to get through" - Black Hawk said and shouted.

((Neo, Lyla, you can't be by the building. You would've had to climb over a tall fence with heavy defences against intruders, walk all the way throught a forest, even that having defences everywhere and then cross the courtyard, which has the best defences in the whole place. That's why it's the Sanctuary. Nothing gets in without the Barnetts noticing it))

"Yeah. We pick the ones that have the most potential and can actually help the public when they are ready" Louis said and smiled, leading her down a stairway and then throught a door and to the backyard, full of mazes and small gates into combat training areas. "This is where the actual training takes place. We have speed training with obstacles everywhere, combat training with or without weapons and other things like the instinct training where we test and improve your sences. Thomas has been using that one lately so much that I'm afraid the machinery there will break soon"

"Sounds fun," Miranda said thoughtfully, staring at the many training courses. She stopped and turned to face him. "But I still want to know why you picked me. You mentioned a talent for crime fighting... but there are others that have that talent as well. Police officers, CIA agents. So why me?"

((I poke Tepe with his own poking stick for not responding here :p ))

Miranda turned her head slightly, listening. The fox was barking and she whistled sharply twice. The fox fell silent and Miranda heard shouting from a great distance. She turned back to Louis.

"It sounds as if you have visitors," she said.

"Federal agents and Police officers are too ful of theselves and how they deal with problems in their agencies. We can't have superheroes using CIA torture techiquesout there, now can we" he looked at them bothe, Black spider joining them soon afterwards the fox had barked.

"Patience is a virtue. We shall see how they react when the gate stays closed" Thomas said and looked at Falcon, then at Louis

"Right," Miranda murmured. She glanced in the direction of the gate and turned back to Louis. "Alright. So you have the habit of watching for people that are good at fighting crime and picking them up to bring here?" She frowned. "Forgive my questions... I just don't trust easily... and I have good reasons... that I'll keep to myself for now."

- "A couple of years now, I came here because I heard of this place, but never really got into looking for it until now" - Black Hawk said and then after reaching for her hawk she looked at Shadow once more - "I don't think looking for this place was your top thing to do on your list, so when did you get here?"

Archived