Home

Star Wars: Revelations (And other Fan-Film naughtiness)

popcorn2008

:D Im sure someone out there has seen this as well, and may be rolling there eyes at the thought of this film lol. I just finished watching an intereasting little Star Wars fan film that takes place between Revenge of the Sith and a New Hope. Apparently the director took out loans and a home equity loan to fund the film as it was made as a non-profit film. The cast was entirely volunteers and everyone who worked on the film was not payed at all.

If you wish to download and watch it yourself here's a link:

Star Wars: Revelations

Well... I have to say it was okay overall. I know a lot of people will just give it a good rating because they worked hard and all that, but I do think they could have done a little better. Granted, I do realize that it was a fan film but I had to get used to the acting. Even Hayden did better in episode II than these people did. The story was more or less "okay", I won't give it away for anyone who really wants to watch the film themeselves. I would give it like a 7.5/10. Post your ratings if you wish :).

Just thought I would share it with you guys!

Wow. For a fan movie, it certainly is extensive. You're right about the acting: it was more or les low par throughout. But you have to give them major props for effort no pun intended.

I was...a tad mortified with Vader's voice. But the flight sequences were very cool, and the scenery was commendable. I can't help but feel that lightsaber duels are starting to become cliché.

• 2 weeks later...

lolz.... need something for that cough ?? I wouldnt get too upset, running into fanboys at a SW gaming forum...who wouldve thunk it !! :p

Revelations isnt too bad, there's definitely worse fanfilms out there :)

Still the best SW fanfilm is quite easily I.M.P.S - The Relentless

which is made by the creators of the very famous TROOPS fanfilm

If you havent seen it, check it out...visually amazing :)

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...
What was the name of the one fan film where they parodied episode three?

where Padme did the whole "ani, I'm preggers" thing?

I might be thinking of something different, but I think that was the ROTS trailer with mock subs. If not, the best sources for SW fanfilms where you might find it are theforce.net fanfilms area and atomfilms :)

mtfbwya

The only funny Star Wars Fan Film is Troops, this is a known fact.

your unending cynicism aside, whilst Troops is funny, its not the *only* funny one :p

The "Pink" series causes a chuckle, as does IMPS, "Bounty Hunter"(a take off of Croc Hunter) and "Anakin Dynamite" - whoever played anakin in that does a *awesome* Naploeon impression.... you..idiot ! :p

mtfbwya

the first 2 lines of my post were quotes but didnt appear:( if you look at your post on 01-24-2006 is the one i qouted. i finnaly watched revalations and i thought it waas an average fanfilm(4.5\10) nothing really new and the acting bored my awfully fast(but what do you expect there not payed and doing this after there other jobs) but i do notice there attempt and say good job on a no paying movie;)

Archived