Home

Movies of the year (2005 that is)

toms

Funiest film of the year: Team America: World Police

I rented that, watched 15-20 minutes of it, and then decided to just skip right to the end credits (which are the funniest part of the movies). Wedding Crashers was the funniest movie I've seen all year and one of the funniest I've ever seen.

No-one else saw Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang? It was bloody awesome - sharp dialogue, very funny, and great performances all round.

If you haven't seen it, I'd definitely suggest checking it out. If you're into Tarantino, and enjoy films like Fight Club (that sort of humour), then see it.

Yeah, but you also thought that Doom was the best movie of the year, so it's clear that your opinions on movies are flawed :xp:

Doom was a very good movie...in my opinion...:p

I'm scratching my head on that one. I really don't know what to say...

The creators of Team America are the guys who did South Park, or atleast that's what the back of my DVD said...

I've seen Ong Bak, Kung-Fu Hustle, House of Flying Daggers, and Team America america listed. Those arent 2005 movies. Ong Bak, Kung-Fu Hustle, House of Flying Daggers may have been released in North America in 2005 but were made in either 2003 or 2004 though I did like these movies very much. As for Team America I thought it was a 2004 movie and not a 2005 movie.

They all had theatrical releases in 2005 in the UK, so I'm counting them all as 2005 movies. Otherwise they wouldn't get mentioned in any best of lists because in 2004 no one would have seen them, and in 2005 they wouldn't be allowed??

With the Narnia movie I'd like to know what the big f*ing deal is. I fell asleep during this one. To me it seemed that the first half was ok but the second half seemed more like a made for television movie. I haven't read the book but I can see why it would be a kick @$$ book but it just didn't do it for me as a movie. Blah!

Agreed. This film review sums up almost entirely what I thought of narnia:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2005/12/07/film_2005_narnia_2005_article.shtml

Archived