Home

how many wookies

Darth_Death

Yeah, like showing the clone troopers round up and capture them, like they did the Utapaun's. Or somthing along those lines, even just to hint of their fate under the empire, the campaign in BF2 gives you a pretty clear hint though. "We left as heroes. Years later we'd return, as conqerors."

As I said before their probably not extinct, probably slaves under the empire, or hiding on Kashyyyk, resisting in their own way... you wouldn't hear about it in the movies though, as Kashyyyk never really plays an important role after episode III so you wouldn't have an oppertunity to find out.

It would be really interesting to hear or read the story of the Wookies. How they were formed, what happened to them, all that stuff.

I think you're right. They were probably enslaved by the Empire. Cause remember in one of the older movies, Han Solo is disguised as a Storm Trooper and he's walking with Chewbacca in handcuffs? He says to the guard at the door, "We found another Wookie out there" or something like that.

in battlefront 2 u can play as wookie warrior or battllefront 1 wookie smuggler in galactic civil war but were'nt all the wookies extinct (besides chewbaca)

Darth_Death, I see your rampant stupidity has spread to the Battlefront Board.

I can't think why you would think that they are extinct, how could you think that an entire sentient species who had spread themselves across the galaxy could be wiped out in 20 years? (assuming you've seen the hundreds of wookies in ROTS)

In the holiday special Chewbacca returns to Kashyyyk to see his family!? You can clearly see that they aren't dead.

...how could you think that an entire sentient species who had spread themselves across the galaxy could be wiped out in 20 years?
It happens in Bablyon 5. Something like a virus wipes out one of the reaces (which is spread across the galaxy) in less than a week. They saw it coming too, but couldn't find a cure.

The wookies are not extinct, Kashyyyk was enslaved by the Empire for years. In the Heir to the Empire trilogy Leia goes to Kashyyyk to seek protection with the wookies, and there are plenty of wookies still around. Also in Star Wars Galaxies Kashyyyk and the wookies are alive and well, tons of wookies running around in that game Jedi too now, but that's another debate entirely :lol:

Also in the original X-Wing game, on one mission you had to rescue some enslaved wookies on an Imperial freighter. The movies only give you a small glimps of the universe, the rest is left to you to fill in the gaps. I don't think Lucas ever had the intentions of making the Wookies extinct.

(In a slightly off-topic post, but bring awarness to the problems of riders on US bills.)

MachineCult, I hope that is your real name. If it isn't and both you and Darth_Death are Americans, you just broke a new law and can end up in jail for two years for annoying someone else on the internet. And if this post annoys anyone, I broke it too. Please don't sue me and send me to jail. http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance%2C+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html

That is the stupidest thing i've ever read, and another reason that i'm glad i'm not an American.

I think that you've overestimated a little, it seems that the law is for trolls and mass flame/spammers.

It happens in Bablyon 5. Something like a virus wipes out one of the reaces (which is spread across the galaxy) in less than a week. They saw it coming too, but couldn't find a cure.

A little bit unrealistic but fair enough, but there was no mention of a virus wiping out the Wookiees.

Woah, talk about your stupid laws... I'm going to have to be more careful about what I say...

Anyway I suppose it is kind of funny one of the rebel's units is a wookiee despite the fact that Chewy was the only wookiee in the rebellion (OK maybe their were more more, but if so they probably weren't widespread enough to warrent their own class.)

Probably just added to give the rebels some variety, I'm not complaining the wook's are alright by me.

...tons of wookies running around in that game Jedi too now, but that's another debate entirely :lol:

You mean Wookiee Jedi? Plo Koons master was a Wookiee.

...Chewy was the only wookiee in the rebellion...

Was Kashyyyk under Empire control? Because if not I would have thought that the Wookiees would be with the Alliance...

Where the hell would you get the idea that the Wookiees were extinct?

Was Kashyyyk under Empire control? Because if not I would have thought that the Wookiees would be with the Alliance...

Kashyyyk was under Imperial control, yes, but the Wookiees who managed to escape their slavery often joined the Rebellion.

The rebellion seems much smaller on screen than the games generally represent. You have to suspend your belief from the movies in games (games are usually last in the EU continuity.) I'm sure more wookies joined the rebellion than is represented in film, the games fill in those gaps, as does the EU books. But you can discard any of it if you want, since none of it is canon. Look at Star Wars Galaxies, has tons of Imp wookies running about.

The wookies are now extinct. Somehow the wookie homeworld got blown to pieces in the late late late EU. Chewbacca was unfortunately on the planet at the time. I don't expect a lot of you to believe me but it is true. I do not know how they got blown up or why. I just read it in the "essential guide to starwars races".

The wookies are now extinct. Somehow the wookie homeworld got blown to pieces in the late late late EU. Chewbacca was unfortunately on the planet at the time. I don't expect a lot of you to believe me but it is true. I do not know how they got blown up or why. I just read it in the "essential guide to starwars races".
That makes no sense. Chewbacca died on Sernpidal, and the Wookiee homeworld is Kashyyyk. And the Wookiees never went extinct.

Like i said i didn't think people would believe me. Also the EU allows tons of room for different stories. Especially the star wars universe comics which take the way things actually went and twisted to some totally different end. I do know that Chewbacca died at Sernpidal but i did read somewhere else that he died with fellow wookies at kashyykk

• 1 year later...
Yeah, they just kinda magically disappeared or something...

They should have explained what happened to them after Episode III.

if you play empire at war, when you get to kashyyk with the empire all the wookies are slaves except for chewbacka (han solo tries to free them but you wound him and he runs away.)

Archived