Home

What advantages do the Rebels have against the Empire?

mmarsh

OK I like th rest of you are eagerly awaiting this game, but I have a concern.

All the articles I've read say the Empire is very very powerful. They have the advantage in both quanitity and quality of units. They also have access to the superweapons. My question is this, how does a Rebel player compete against that? According to my calculation the only advantage the Rebs have is in the starfighter catagory, and they have to steal those plans at that.

According to my calculation the only advantage the Rebs have is in the starfighter catagory...

I think rebs' shielded vehicles will do quite good job against imps' ones, as long as they have number advantage. In FC, the shield fell very quickly, meaning that imps have greater firepower.

Also, in FC infiltrators could steal enemy vehicles, making them unique.

Personally, im going to play with rebs since they have a better art concept on their units and, besides, they're the good guys ;)

Famouse quote from Grand Moff Tarkin, I think Delphi would do something enough to balance the game, though at the timeline of the game the Empire is nearing its height of power before the BOY(Battle of Yavin). At most the Rebels will have better intellegence resources as well as the ability to capture ally with the people of the planet they land on.

I am sure their stuff is cheaper and dont forget the x-wing, fighter/bomber. Rebels think small scale and it works,xwings take down the Death star, awings take down SSD's in ROTJ, so dont worry rebel players, if you lose it wont be because of tech. Its because you suck....heehee.

It was the concentrated firepower from the entire Rebel fleet that barely took down the Executer, if you read the book a single A-Wing gets caught in the blast and none crashed into the bridge.

A A-wing took out he forward bridge deflector shields and a A-wing crashed into the bridge destroying the navagation system and it fell into the death stars orbit. Ackbar had the Idea to concentrate fire power but before most ships could respond it was already going down.

Archived