Home

What advantages do the Rebels have against the Empire?

mmarsh

I am sure their stuff is cheaper and dont forget the x-wing, fighter/bomber. Rebels think small scale and it works,xwings take down the Death star, awings take down SSD's in ROTJ, so dont worry rebel players, if you lose it wont be because of tech. Its because you suck....heehee.

We'll solve our differences in an 1v1 match when EaW is out dude :twogun: ; it's always fun to win a brand-new Ferrari with a 60's VW, if you know what i mean ;)

everybody seems to forgot the best advantage the rebels have imho

the possibility to attack any planet at any time no matter of wich fleet is in orbit :)

the blockade runner option

imperials will have to be sure to guard all their planets good wich will cost em lot of $$

we dont know much about that option yet, maybe we cant do that all the time, maybe its only a hero move

the disadvantages are

the defenders will still have bombers in orbit, and it will suck if the empire has control of the orbit, like maybe they will pull out thier death star, and you have no defenders in space.

Rebels prolly have stealthier ways to win and are hard to find in addition maybe they get more recruits quicker or the indiginous peoples are more willing to help. also they steal stuff, that should make the empire lose reasorces.

P.S whats this "blockade running" option I keep hearing about?

As i said, we still know nothing about rebel infiltrators. If they can steal enemy vehicles as they meant too (and which was done in Force Commander), then you simply cannot underestimate them. Adding the fact that those clumsy stormies cannot even pass a shieled door without hitting their heads on the top*, then rebs have a strong "plus" on their side.

*I guess you all have seen that "movie bug" in EpIV, where Han and Luke reach the control station on Death Star and a patrol of troops enters in for checkout (i don't remeber well). If you see clearly, one of them hits its head on the top of the door; heh, stormies... :)

I think rebs' shielded vehicles will do quite good job against imps' ones, as long as they have number advantage. In FC, the shield fell very quickly, meaning that imps have greater firepower.

Also, in FC infiltrators could steal enemy vehicles, making them unique.

Personally, im going to play with rebs since they have a better art concept on their units and, besides, they're the good guys ;)

Athanasios, I was quoting someone else I like the rebs way more than the stupid imps next time read the rest(p.s Im not getting mad simply stating).

OK I like the rest of you are eagerly awaiting this game, but I have a concern.

All the articles I've read say the Empire is very very powerful. They have the advantage in both quantity and quality of units. They also have access to the super weapons. My question is this, how does a Rebel player compete against that? According to my calculation the only advantage the Rebs have is in the starfighter category, and they have to steal those plans at that.

2 Words: Deflector Shield. lol that is what the Rebel player uses against the Empire.

Empire = Might, Brute Force

Rebels = Shields, Stealth

Archived