Home

whitch are better sith or jedi

spawn666999

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be more like Jolee: protect, give, be helpful but not "naive". The "I'll do it for the lightside" or " the Lightside will always prevail bla bla bla" speeches annoy me. To me, both Jedi and Sith seem to have been "brainwashed". I'm not too much into the extremes.

Still I'd chose the Jedi over the Sith anytime: at least their intentions are to help out. I don't like people who think just about themselves or who feel they have to crush others in order to "elevate" themselves. That's just dumb.

Ahh, the classic "are you a Jedi-type or Sith-type" query. I'm not sure that I've ever posted a response to one of these though.

I think my avy and sig pretty much indicate my choice in the matter. But just in case anyone isn't clear on it, I consider myself a lightsider. But like RC 1162, Hallucination, and Darth333, I think I have some definite neutral tendencies that perhaps some might even consider to be leaning toward DS.

I like to help people but not in situations where in my judgment they would be better served by learning to help themselves.

I think the phrase "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" has a lot of truth to it.

Sometimes I think it's better for people to suffer the consequences of bad decisions instead of being rescued from them.

As far as I'm concerned you can bag the Jedi constraint against attachment and family but I do believe in being willing to give up the things/people you love for a greater cause.

In short, not a Sith who believes I should demonstrate my strength thru conflict and demonstrated superiority over others but certainly not a Jedi by SW universe standards.

the Jedi are evil? "well then you really are lost!" obi-won kenobi. this is corruption, especially coming from someone who speaks of the True Sith. i'm not boasting, or trying to change your mind, its not my will, but, because you said that, i wonder, do you truely understand the ways of the force?

seth

Darth Deno'r

I'd be more like Jolee: protect, give, be helpful but not "naive". The "I'll do it for the lightside" or " the Lightside will always prevail bla bla bla" speeches annoy me. To me, both Jedi and Sith seem to have been "brainwashed". I'm not too much into the extremes.

ditto, but in my opinion both the jedi and sith suck like a luke-warm beer.

lmao. then why are you here to talk about them?

man, come on, where are the true fans and scholars? lucas appreciates these people for the passion they put into the vision he started. this is why he hires people to create the video games you play and create them.

seth

Those scholars are probably sleeping... *yawns*

When it all boils down, you can't really say that one or the other is better or more or less evil, since the organizations aren't a whole (resistance is futile :xp: ), but a collection of individuals, who themselves are tied to both "sides of the force" and choose which master to serve.

A few simple choices are all that seperate them.

^^^

From my point of view it is the Jedi who are evil. Also the Sith never die a violent death, because a true Sith NEVER dies.

Oh, and RaV, welcome to the DarkSide.

Let me guess.....you like Anakin Skywalker. Seeing that you copied his quote, "From my point of view the jedi are evil."

Not many people choose the dark side. Though I can see why they wouldn't choose them.

^^^

From my point of view it is the Jedi who are evil. Also the Sith never die a violent death, because a true Sith NEVER dies.

Oh, and RaV, welcome to the Dark Side.

And y'know what? All three of them regretted it in later after-life.

You always remind me of Shooty and Bang-Bang from the Guide radio series.

The appeal of relativism never ceases to amaze me...

Relativism is not a single doctrine but a family of views whose common theme is that some central aspect of experience, thought, evaluation, or even reality is somehow relative to something else. For example standards of justification, moral principles or truth are sometimes said to be relative to language, culture, or biological makeup. Although relativistic lines of thought often lead to very implausible conclusions, there is something seductive about them, and they have captivated a wide range of thinkers from a wide range of traditions.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/relativism/

well if it werent for these conversations, we wouldnt be fulfilling what lucas wanted to accomplish, in us.

seth

Relativism is not a single doctrine but a family of views whose common theme is that some central aspect of experience, thought, evaluation, or even reality is somehow relative to something else. For example standards of justification, moral principles or truth are sometimes said to be relative to language, culture, or biological makeup. Although relativistic lines of thought often lead to very implausible conclusions, there is something seductive about them, and they have captivated a wide range of thinkers from a wide range of traditions.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/relativism/

well if it werent for these conversations, we wouldnt be fulfilling what lucas wanted to accomplish, in us.

seth

Absolutely :)

The problem with relativists is that they never seem to form opinions. Speaking of which was I the only who went "huh?" when Obi-Wan said:

"Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

Isn't it the other way around? I mean a Sith will do anything or say anything to get by.

The problem with relativists is that they never seem to form opinions. Speaking of which was I the only who went "huh?" when Obi-Wan said:

"Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

Isn't it the other way around? I mean a Sith will do anything or say anything to get by.

No, I also thought "Buh? Whu-who-where?".

The Sith believe only in power. How you achieve that power is up to you. Provided it's not by an icky way. Ask Devon if you don't believe me. Particularly about the ick.

Let me guess.....you like Anakin Skywalker. Seeing that you copied his quote, "From my point of view the jedi are evil."

Not many people choose the dark side. Though I can see why they wouldn't choose them.

I like nearly all the SW characters. And I think SW has some really good lines.

Archived