Home

Starting now, if you flame someone...

Arreat

You have to state your full name, address, and telephone number as means of confirming your true identity.

Failure to do so, may land you behind bars or your country may be invaded to introduce democracy there.

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance%2C+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html

It's no joke. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.

In other words, it's OK to flame someone on a mailing list or in a blog as long as you do it under your real name. Thank Congress for small favors, I guess.

There's no way this law is going to work. Who would actually report somebody for doing this, and secondly how would they find out besides if someone reports them for flaming?

By the way-

u al shl DIE bcuz u spnd all ur time on this forum and all u do is star wrs. i mean com on get a life you lozers. so i hope you all DIE.

:p

We all could be arrested already! :D

OK hold on. Let me get this straight. I can't say anything that would be "annoying" to some one unless I disclose my full info? I'm sorry, I thought that we had a war going on, schools that can't pay their own bills, and murderers to catch. I just thought those things were slightly MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME 12 YEAR OLDS FLAMING ON A SITE THAT THEY REALLY SHOULD NOT BE ON BUT THEIR PARENTS DO NOT CARE SO WHAT DOES IT REALLY MATTER!!!!!

Sorry everybody. I needed to let it out. I guess that's the government of "We have nothing better to do so we make up crap laws that will never really be enforced" of America.

Oh and by the way, First Amendment Rights b****!

Very Interesting, I would not think George .W. Bush would do something like this but the real question is how are they going to enforce it. If they can't enforce the law... What is the use of the law itself... It may slowly become meaningless.

I wonder what the one chair absent Judicial branch will see of this law... All they need is someone to act against the law and it may be gone very quickly.

we should all anagram our names and then see if swampies can figure it out...we should just do first names....

and then after that we could all start the Internet Police (IP) and ask the government for jobs as seeing how we started and then we would grow to be to big and then implode

*passes out*

If they can't enforce the law... What is the use of the law itself... It may slowly become meaningless.

This is what we in the entertainment business call a publicity stunt.

It's like the anti-sodomy laws, unless you had cops outside peeping in on people sodomizing eachother, there was no way you could enforce it.

It's just a crowd pleasing placebo.

This is what we in the entertainment business call a publicity stunt.

It's like the anti-sodomy laws, unless you had cops outside peeping in on people sodomizing eachother, there was no way you could enforce it.

It's just a crowd pleasing placebo.

I always wondered exactly what the punishment would be for breaking that law... being thrown into prison?!??

'Cuz we all know that if there's one place to put people to keep them from committing acts of sodomy on one another, it's a penitentiary. :dozey:

Maybe a room for them would be like an insane asylum room, padded walls, no sodomizable places.. :p

Thats what you think

020.gif

Good look trying to police me in a nother country.This is one of the most stupid thing ever dubya has ever done. And that includes breathing.

And who decides what counts as an insult now?

Archived