Home

Starting now, if you flame someone...

Arreat

Good grief, there is enough ill thought out insanity, backfiring effects, first ammendment breaches, political shenanigans and sheer insanity to keep the Senate going for weeks!

Next time there is an election and people start raking over voting records they should remember this incident, when such a far reaching and daft law was piggybacked on an unrelated bill on "Dept of Justice funding" and realise these sort of shenannigans means that you either have to support a good bill with bad riders, or oppose a good bill due to it's bad riders.. and either way you will get blamed...

I think a few of you are thinking that Bush himself actually signed this law into legislation, and just this law.

Bush might not have even KNOWN about it. It's one of those stupid political tricks, you slip your bill into another one that IS going to get passed, because it needs to be, so yours also gets passed.

Not saying it's not bull****, just saying I doubt Bush gives a damn about this law.

I think a few of you are thinking that Bush himself actually signed this law into legislation, and just this law.

Bush might not have even KNOWN about it. It's one of those stupid political tricks, you slip your bill into another one that IS going to get passed, because it needs to be, so yours also gets passed.

Not saying it's not bull****, just saying I doubt Bush gives a damn about this law.

^ I was gonna post something like that but I didn't think anyone would listen to me. >_>

Oh, and i'm surprised no one's said "internets" yet. :p

Exactly.

The article says: "Buried deep in the new law is Sec. 113, an innocuously titled bit called "Preventing Cyberstalking.""

Bush taking the time to actually READ the fineprint? Unlikely.

Oh yeah, and I can't believe that people are trying to butcher Al Gore's internets like this! :(

(There ya go IG :) )

Next time there is an election and people start raking over voting records they should remember this incident, when such a far reaching and daft law was piggybacked on an unrelated bill on "Dept of Justice funding" and realise these sort of shenanigans means that you either have to support a good bill with bad riders, or oppose a good bill due to it's bad riders.. and either way you will get blamed...

:p

Archived