Home

Game Suggestion

Hey all,

Wow, this game sounds like a patch would be very much appreciated............. my compy handles the game fine, and it sounds like u all have higher end compys than I do.... :) Oh well

After playing the Space Battles for a while, something didn't feel right. L8r at school, i was talking to one of my friends and it hit me..................................

WHERE ARE THE SPACE BATTLES WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR????? :vsd:

I don't mean like new planets, but where are the CLASSIC space battles?

Couldn't Lucasarts have given us The "Battle Over Courscant"? With like 3 capital ships per team!!!!! OR the DEATH STAR II BATTLE!!!!!

Anyway, i'd much like to see something like that on a new patch or official download...anyone else get that feeling the space battles need to be on a LARGER scale?

I believe most people would agree with you, I think the common opinion is that space combat arn't what were promised promised. I mean, I personally bought the game for the classic battles, stuff we've seen in the movies. I mean, what's the point of including space battles if the ones we've seen from the movie's, the ones we care about arn't in?

At least space Coruscant (Yes I know it's in the campaign, I don't care, You can only play that so many times before it gets old, I personally would like to play that in MP, thanks).

The death star battles would be trickier to do I understand, but how about a battle over Endor? Even if the Death Star was just in the background (dissapointeng, but better then nothin') Those are iconic battles, leaving them out is like leaving out Hoth, or Geonosis for ground battles.

It seems they got me exited with these cool ideas and pictures of space battles, but I ended up with somthing that just seems... I don't know... tame in comparison. I tend to overexaggerate, and imagine battles much more complex and intense then what is possible, so i'm used to dissapointment in games. But even by my standards, the space battles are a bit of a disapointment.

Yes, I do think we all feel the same way. And yes, the Death Star II battle (Endor) would be very fun. But I don't think that would be too hard. The Death Star would be passive, in the background, but each team would have at lease 2 cap-ships.

And if the Death Star were to be includud, they could just have the rebels spawn in ships, and u pick your ship u want to fly. The Imperials would then spawn in a hangar (or 2) and defend the D-star. To destroy it, a rebel must travel through a tunnel into a center room, and destroy the reactor shield then the reactor itself.

Not that hard for the lucasarts programmers...

Yes, I agree, sure it might be a bit trickier to do but certainly not impossible.

The exclusion of the Death Star is a major dissapointment to me. I mean, I would love to have it boardable and destructable, but they didn't even have the battle of Endor, at all in instant action (unless you play GC and happen to fight over Endor, but thats identical to every other battle) with even a mere background death star. After all it is probably one of (if not the) most intense space battle in the movies... and they don't even include it in the game! (I don't count the GC version.)

I mean, any ameture modder on... filefront for example could make a Death Star Map... It wouldn't be as good as if the map was in a patch, but I would settle for that if it came down to that...

Sayyyy..........where r our modding tools anyway?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if you want the actual battle from the movies, it would be the largest map in the history of FPSs..... @ Endor, the captial ships werent even comparably close to the Deathstar like in the current space battles..... Tactically it would have been insane for the rebellion to run up to the new, more powerful deathstar point blank range....

And for Yavin, there weren't that many capital ships to begin with, it was fighters being released from the ground base on Yavin 4.

I know you're going to say "Well, we don't need movie accuracy." But thats what your calling for right now. In order to have a Battle of Endor map, you would have to fly towards the deathstar for at least 10 minutes before you encountered the fire from stationary guns.

They do need the coruscant battle though, thats just rediculous. Theres also that one loading screen we've all seen with the Super Star Destroyer that actually has more than 1 hangar..... I don't think LA made the game so it could handle more than 1 hangar for each team, it would actually take intense modding to alter that.

Archived