Home

KOTOR 3 info from IGN

RaginCajun

"LucasArts: KOTOR 3, Mercenaries 2

LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release. The game should feature more seamless interaction between NPCs and the lead character, as well as better, more economic interactions between party members. We predict the combat system will go entirely realtime, as opposed to partially realtime (the way it was in KOTOR 1 and 2), and RPG fans will be able to enjoy more distinct shades of gray recognized by characters instead of the black and white distinctions made in the first two iterations of the series."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/680/680220p1.html

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, yeah right. LA might contract to Obsidian Entertainment, but I've never heard of Obsidian Development.

Also, to have only real-time combat would mean abandoning the current engine, which would change the way the game plays. Not gonna happen. It's like saying the new Jedi Knight game will be completely turn-based.

I should also point out that this is opinion not fact - big difference.

more economic interactions with party members? lol that sounds funny, I'm such a great Jedi/Sith you gotta pay just to talk to me =P

It would be cool if KOTOR 3 was already in the works, but anything that says "it's going all real time" is bogus. You know how many fans would be up in arms..in real-time or turn-based fans would be up in arms....ooo bad joke =P

Taking a turn-based combat RPG and turning it into a realtime FPS after two games in a successful format?

Ha ha ha, whoa, whoo whoo! Oh boy, Ha ha ha...

(Stops typing to catch breath from laughing...)

Sorry, that's the funniest thing I've heard today.

(whew, still sweating from a great laugh)

KOTOR 3 will be only for 360? Crap (better start saving up =D)

They didn't say anything about that.

As far as I know did the KotOR series good on the PC so there should be no reason for LA to make it 360 exlusive.

Unless Darth Gates have pushed som money over to them...

What is the difference between realtime and semi-realtime?

How would this manifest itself in this particular game?

I posted an answer relating somewhat to that question here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1988790&postcount=105

But feel free to comment on it (or others add to it) as you see fit :)

Link to FULL thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152913

They didn't say anything about that.

As far as I know did the KotOR series good on the PC so there should be no reason for LA to make it 360 exlusive.

Unless Darth Gates have pushed som money over to them...

I read another article about it maybe being on 360. Oh and also I kinda live by "Darth Gates" so I know the true meaning of pain ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived