Home

Demo to be Single Player Only

MasterJack

Guest DarthMaulUK

Over 64% of the members on the sites main page have voted that the demo WILL determine if they purchase Empire at War. It has to be right!

Multiplayer could be something they could add to the demo once the game goes gold, to attract more players to the game. It would have been nice to have it in this demo though

DMUK

Im a little disaponted that the Demo isn't MP as well as SP, but at the moment it doesn'tm bother me because a few days ago my comp messed up (using my dads at the moment) which isn't as good as what mine was.

So i need to get a new computer, but that won't be until the end of MARCH!!!!! NOOOO WHY ME, :( :( :(

oh....and good find Master Jack

the pc gamer preview talks about the tutorial.

we move our alliance fleet through a sector and land a rebel patrol on the planet kashyyyk to destroy an imperial garrison. the fight was quick, hard, and for us, victorious.

empire at war is just about battles. in the second tutorial, we learn how to build units and fleets. we then sent c-3po to steal technolagy from the empire. this undertaking was a success.

in the third tutorial, we switched to thhe empires side. we built a fleet and attacked tatooine. we reach orbit with light carrack cruissers and scout ties, that is being pertected by a small rebel fleet and a space station. we had to try to survive long enough, until a torpedo cruiser came to help, and gave us the upper hand.

then we land. before the attack begins, tie bombers damages the defenders. then the stormtrooper mop ups the rest. win!

yeah, I think the demo would influence my purchase. I'll take it with its due, but honestly demos are a nice little window into games to see if they fit my style. See if it draws me in, or shoves me away type thing. I've played demos of games I was highly anticipating and have been very glad to have done so because the demo was horrid. Also other times I play demos of games I'm not so sure about and fall in love with it (like BF1942).

I don't mind that it's single player, don't mind one bit really. Although I do hope it features a low rated skirmish battle rather than too many campaign missions.

yeah, I think the demo would influence my purchase. I'll take it with its due, but honestly demos are a nice little window into games to see if they fit my style. See if it draws me in, or shoves me away type thing. I've played demos of games I was highly anticipating and have been very glad to have done so because the demo was horrid. Also other times I play demos of games I'm not so sure about and fall in love with it (like BF1942).

I don't mind that it's single player, don't mind one bit really. Although I do hope it features a low rated skirmish battle rather than too many campaign missions.

Im with you on this. The most recent example of a demo influancing me was Age of Empires III's one; i waited something new, but to my disspointment, it was an AOEI with better graphics and some candys, nothing more (no purpose to criticise AOE here).

Yet, as i said, EaW looks brilliant so far, and its drawbacks are not affecting me so much so as not to buy it. Demo will probably reinforce this decision and ofcourse, it might reinforce those drawbacks too, but this is secondary.

I expect the demo to include at least one heroe and some nice map, full of graphics; no Tatoine or something like this one. Dagobah should be nice, so that we see much of the weather effects and some eye-candy terrains.

One note; i expect to see how lasers are done; both on their speed and their graphics. In Battlegrounds, forgive me, but they looked too "cheap".

Archived