What happened to...

Ack

The One?

Katarn07?

The Big Update?

Is the One still webmaster?

Is Katarn07 still here at all?

Is the Big Update ever arriving?

I'm still very excited about the mod, and am as of now once again downloading the second demo to my new computer.

I was also thinking that my site (http://www.kylekatarn.com) is in need of an update, so... I'll probably do that too, since I'm all "Dark Force-y" as of lately (thanks to your great work)...

Hope everyone's still sticking with it...

Heh yes, of course.

but we simply need to have something worth for an update,

and we don't want to fiddle around just to have an update because everyone is waiting for an update ;)

Which is probably why you have never disappointed before, you make sure things are worth it. Keep it up by all means, I'd rather wait ages than get something worse than it should have been.

Ok good... Cause, I played the demo again, and it consists only of quality. I think you would get your needed attention again by updating :) Just my 2 cents

This reminds me, does anyone know of any other mods, be they single missions or ongoing projects, that are on par with this? The second demo has more or less spoiled me and most add ons I get, and indeed the original game, just seem to be let downs.

I wish that someone would remake JA, or JO for that matter, with the same level of quality as this mod.

Heh thanks :)

But please don't forget that the professional game studios

have much better tools on one hand, but limited time on the other hand.

Which means: we need time got learn how to use the tools that exist for us,

and need more time to work on the mod.

Since we are taking the time we want, we can achieve any level of quality

up to the engine's limitations.

It is entirely up to the team, where we stop and when we decide a map is ready etc. :p

• 4 months later...

I doubt we (the DFMOD team) will have enough courage and time to change to a totally new engine.

We know JA, not perfectly, but we know it, and everything else would mean a complete restart.

So, not speaking for the team, but only for myself,

i think i would stop it right there and use my precious time for something else :p

Archived