Home

Galactic Conquest: The Rise of the Imperials

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

im really sorry guys but i cannot post here for 1 month. i have to study for my annual exams in march and i have to break my head over hindi. i doubt anyone noticed that i was gone, but im just saying, ill give ya two chapters as celebration once my exans are over.

well, i begged my parents and they allowed me one and a half hours on the comp if i finished my math homework in 30 mins, i did and here is chapter no. 5, though it might take time for me to update from now on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIVE

Vader clenched his fist tighter as he watched the Rebel strike on his ships. He was not happy with this at all.

“My Lord?” came a voice from behind him. Vader turned to face a young Lieutenant.

“Yes Lieutenant?”

“I have gone through the databases as you ordered me to and I believe I have found the traitor.”

“Who is he?” Vader asked, his anger increasing with the minute.

The Lieutenant turned and pointed at an officer in one of the crew pits.

Vader gestured at two Stormtroopers.

“Throw him into the cells; I have some business with him later.”

The troopers nodded and a few minutes later, the protesting officer was being forcibly dragged off the Bridge.

Vader turned to the TIE Commissions Officer.

“Deploy the strafing prototypes, Commander.”

The TCO nodded and spoke a few words into a microphone.

Yellow Squadron was cruising along at moderate speed in their Y-Wings, firing their heads off at the TIEs. Yellow Three split up from the formation to deactivate a few more TIEs when all of a sudden a burst of green light shot out from under his ship. He turned it around and saw three sleek, modified TIE Fighters. The lead fighter fired again and his ship was torn apart by the advanced lasers. The battlefield was now swarming with the TIE Advanced fighters, the Rebels were quickly losing.

Wedge took out another transport ship and was heading for the next when his comm. crackled to life.

“All units, this is Dodonna, break off and head home, we are losing ships fast.”

Wedge thumbed his mike on.

“But Sir, Kashyyyk will be captured by the…”

“Cut the crap, Colonel, do as you are told.”

Wedge understood that it was very serious indeed and ordered his crew to break off. As he exited the atmosphere though, he got a taste of the action. A group of fighters were zipping in and out, here and there, firing off to glory. Every second, there was an explosion involving a Rebel ship. As he made for the mother-ship, half of his Squad was picked off like flies without wings on a table. The ships ahead of him docked successfully. As he was about to enter the hangar, however, a TIE Av fired at him. The blast hit his port wings, blowing them both completely off.

“This is really bugging the hell out of me,” Wedge muttered through gritted teeth as he wrestled with his control stick to stabilize his craft.

“This is Colonel Antilles,” he said through the comm. as the Hangar doors closed and the ship revved its engines for the jump to Hyperspace.

“I request the isolation of Hangar bay 57A. My ship has suffered serious hits and I don’t think its stable enough.”

He popped the hatch and jumped out. Landing hard, he doubled over for a minute to clear his head, and then ran like mad for the Hangar door. He slapped the panel from outside and raced for the elevator. As he headed for the Briefing Level, he heard a muffled explosion. He looked down and shook his head sadly. Sad about the fate of Kashyyyk; and his ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job on the battle scenes. I really felt like I was in the middle of some of those dogfights. If you want Wedge to have a naval rank instead of the Army/Air Force rank of Colonel, the equivalent rank in the Navy is Captain.

I'm really looking forward to the next installment. You write better than some people twice your age. Keep it up!

ok, heres one of the two:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIX

Wedge sat sadly in the briefing room along with the other survivors. A disheveled Dodonna entered the room, followed by some of the Commanders.

“We have a lesson to learn from this battle,” he said. “The Imperials have much superior technology than us, so for the next week, we will be updating our technology. We have all our supporting planetary systems sending in their best technicians, electrical engineers and weapons designers.”

“But sir,” a young pilot called out. “We don’t have a ground base of our own yet.”

“We do now,” Dodonna replied. “Dantooine.”

Just as he said that, the ship burst out of Hyperspace and a dull green planet popped into view.

“It will not be a permanent base, as the Imperials will undoubtedly find us if we stay anywhere for long; but it will be a safe haven for us now.”

Twenty minutes later, transport shuttles and the remaining starfighters were spewing out of the bays and landing in their ground base. As Wedge walked down the ramp of his shuttle, he noticed about ten dozen new X-Wings in the enormous Bay. He hoped that Dodonna would grant him one of them, seeing what had befallen his old one. All the pilots gathered together and made their way to their new home for a week; maybe more.

[10 days later]

Dodonna stood with the guest techs and marveled at their handiwork. The X-Wings were severely modified using donations and parts supplied by the member planets of the Rebel Alliance. The only things that were same in the new crafts were the body shells, and even those had been extended a bit further to accommodate the new components. He turned to one of the techs,

“On behalf of the Alliance, I thank you very much, Mr. Jacob, for your excellent work.”

Jacob nodded and handed Dodonna a couple of memory chips.

“You are most welcome, Admiral,” he replied. “These chips contain the new schematics of these ships, I though you might want them.”

Dodonna accepted them and put them in his pocket.

“I sure would,” he said. “I’ll send these to the Incom Factories and ask them to produce these designs as the standard T-65 models from now on.”

“good idea, Admiral, but you probably shouldn’t use the Type K missile in all the ships, they're kind of expensive.”

Dodonna nodded,

“Right, I’ll remember that.”

The techs shook hands with Dodonna and left for their shuttle. Dodonna went back to the tactical room where everyone was gathered.

As he entered, Mon Mothma was briefing them on the Imperials’ next target: Bespin; she had just finished, it seemed.

“Perfect timing, Admiral,” she said. “You're up.”

Dodonna turned to the people.

“I have good news for all the pilots: you now have completely state-of-the-art ships to use on behalf of the Alliance.”

A great cheer rang through the room; all the pilots were rejoicing like small kids. Dodonna nodded and spoke again,

“We don’t have time to lose, however; we need to depart immediately to get to Bespin in time.”

That was the cue: all the troops filed out of the room and headed to their posts with renewed confidence in their pilots. Soon, the reestablished pilots were rocketing away to the Command Ship orbiting the planet.

Great chapter RC. You really describe each segment very well. I am really enjoying this story so far. The only complaint I have is that your chapters always seem so short, it leaves me wanting more. If I had to guess I would say that last chapter was around 7-800 words? Oh well, I guess the hunger for more will keep me coming back eh? Once again, great job bro.

P.S.

I can't wait to see the new x-wings in action!

heres the other one:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEVEN

The Rebel Ship broke Hyperspace and entered the Bespin system. Almost immediately, the Bay doors opened and the new fighters spewed out, heading for the planet. As they boosted their crafts towards it, the comm. crackled,

“And Colonel Antilles,” Dodonna’s voice filtered through. “I’m putting you in charge of the tactical command for this mission along with me.”

“Acknowledged, Admiral,” Wedge replied.

As the ships entered the atmosphere, Wedge issued his first command,

“All units split up and land your ships on different landing pads. We should be as subtle as possible.”

The 120 ships scattered beautifully and headed to different landing pads set inside the floating city.

Back in the Command Ship, Dodonna sent another message to the group,

“We will be jumping to a spot a little close to the Sun in this system to minimize interference. If you need assistance, shout out and we’ll be there.”

“Understood, Admiral.” Came the reply.

The pilots sat in their ships for fifteen minutes doing nothing and Wedge was beginning to wonder whether or not the Imperials would come when their scanners registered a new Cruiser in the planet’s day-side: right in front of them.

“All ships move out and form up.” Wedge commanded as he brought his engines to life. The ships rose and shot into space in formation.

“Alright Blue Squad, get the Cruiser.” Wedge said. “Green and Red Squads focus on the TIEs, Gold Squad get back into the atmosphere and flank the City.”

Ships scattered, obeying the new leader. Wedge, as Red Leader, went after the TIEs with the Greens. A group of ships broke through the oncoming wave of TIEs and began strafing runs on the Cruiser’s surface.

With the new cannons installed by the techs, the Rebels had the advantage now. Every shot fired by them hit one TIE or the other. The Imperials were losing once again, but this time, Wedge was sure that the Rebels would win this battle.

In the Bridge, Vader felt his temper rising. He turned to his TIE Commander.

“Send the Advanced ships in. Now!”

The commander nodded and issued an order through his collar mike.

The Hangar doors opened and the TIE Advanced fighters rocketed out. However, this time, Wedge had a plan.

“The ships are out,” he said through his comm. “Group Blue A, send a couple of missiles in; Group Blue B, get in the others and set the time bombs.”

Blue Squadron split up and went to different Hangar arrays. Group A, targeting the hangar array on the Cruiser’s port side, obtained target locks one by one and launched their whole payload of concussion missiles into different hangars, everyone except Blue Leader, who saved his last 2 missiles for a future operation. With thousands of thunderous explosions, the Cruiser rocked and its port engines blew out, sending it reeling into the left, without any engines left in the port to stabilize its direction.

Just then, the Group B ships had safely landed in the Hangar Bays of the Cruiser. The pilots jumped out, armed with a backpack containing 5 time bombs and a Blaster Cannon. They set the bombs on the most vital components in the Bays: the power grids, missile storage compartments, un-launched ships, etc.

“Group B, are you done?” asked Blue Leader. “This has to be precisely timed.”

“Group B is done,” a pilot replied.

“Then get out of there, Phase 2 is commencing.”

The pilots scrambled back to their ships and exited the Bays. Blue Leader set his craft to hover in one spot and turned to face the Cruiser, which, by now, had almost made a full 180 degree turn away from the battle. He looked at his readout of the angle of the ship with respect to its initial X Axis position. When the reading hit 165 degrees, he initiated the time bombs. 5 seconds later, the time bombs went off. Another royal explosion and now even the starboard engines blew out. The inertia of the ship kept it turning towards the left. When the reading reached 178, Blue Leader launched his last two missiles at the port section of the ship’s rear. The concussions stopped the leftward turn of the Cruiser. Now it hung, dead in space, engines out and facing away from the battle at 180 degrees exactly.

“Okay fellas, Phase 3,” Blue Leader called.

All of the ships on Blue Squadron went to the Cruiser. They aligned themselves according to the Cruiser and landed on the it all over the place with magnetic clamps and shut down their engines. Blue Leader made sure all the ships were on the Cruiser.

“Okay, on three, One…Two…THREE!”

At the command, all the ships blasted their engines at full throttle. The combined thrust began to move the Cruiser slowly.

“Okay, looks like this is working,” Blue Lead called. “Keep it going.”

The Cruiser’s speed reading in Blue Lead’s cockpit scanner went up slowly. It finally reached 1610 kmph when the 5-minute timer he set went off.

“All ships, pull up.” He called. The pilots decreased their thrust and broke off. The Cruiser kept going into emptiness while Blue Squad rocketed back to Bespin.

“We’ve cut off their reinforcements and docking facilities,” Blue Leader reported.

“Excellent work, Blue Lead.” Wedge said. Head down and help Gold Squad to secure the city. Blue Squadron headed to the floating city, victorious, and landed on the pads, waiting to fill up their empty tanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now i didnt write all this just to get a "good job". i want some opinions ppl!

and pottsie, im going through your Ekaj Skywalker fic, but since its a bit long, ill post my ops tomorrow, ok?

now i didnt write all this just to get a "good job"

Too bad, that's all your gonna get :xp:. Since you want more than 'good job', keep it up :).

But it's sci-fi, which always means you use the metric system, not imperial. And 160 kph doesn't seem very fast for a space ship, even if it being pushed by a bunch of starfighters.

First off, great job RC. ;) I absolutely love the way you write your fighting scenes. Whether it be in space or on the ground with sabers, you capture them very well. As for the fighters boosting the cruiser thing. Well, don't the X-wings have the capability to jump in to hyper-space? They could all latch on to the cruiser and precisely time a combined hyper-jump, somewhere close to one of their cruisers. I mean, since the new Imperial cruisers are so advanced, don't they want to capture one? Study it, or even repair and use it? Just a thought. Can't wait for your next chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

EIGHT

Wedge fired and another TIE blew up. The Rebels were just inches away from grabbing their victory. The Imperial fleet was in disorder; the TIEs had no support from their Cruiser and they were surrounded by enemy ships. Suddenly, a Rebel Enforcer Cruiser popped into view: apparently the Pilots had called for backup. This confused the TIE Lieutenant as he flew around, trying to evade the ship behind him. They already had the upper hand; why call for backup? The X-Wings had stopped firing too; they were merely keeping the TIEs from escaping. Then, suddenly, about a dozen Y-Wings arrived on the scene, coming straight from the Rebel Cruiser’s Bays. Blue flashes suddenly streaked everywhere: ion beams from the Y-Wings’ cannons and their targets were the TIEs. Several minutes and a lot of firing later, all the TIEs were knocked out. Their circuits scrambled and weapons and targeting systems overloaded, the TIEs were sitting ducks for the X-Wings. Surprisingly, all the ship began moving towards the Enforcer; the X-Wings under their own power and the TIEs pulled by the tractor beam of the ship. After collecting its cargo, the Enforcer jumped into Hyperspace as if nothing had happened. By now, the Imperial Cruiser was long gone from the scene. Cruising along at 1610 kmph, they were dead in space, trying to establish contact with their main fleet and the abducted TIEs. Vader turned and stormed off to his chambers, seething with rage. A young officer, unable to sense that Vader was in a mood, came up to the Dark Lord and said something he should have not:

“My Lord, it seems that the blasts from the missiles have destroyed some of the lower levers entirely, including your Personal Chambers.”

That did it for Vader, he let loose his anger. Gripping the officer’s neck with the Force, he raised him into the air.

“Your incompetence is the reason for that,” he growled and hurled the man across the Bridge. Vader turned and walked away to the Observation Deck.

A group of Imperial Pilots surrounded by Rebel troops walked down the corridor to the cells. After depositing their load, the troops went up to the Cafeteria were the whole crew was assembled.

“I gave the order to cease fire because I had something special in mind with regard to the fight against the Imperials,” Dodonna said. “We can repair the TIEs we just captured and use them in attacks on heavily guarded Imperial bases.”

“Sir,” Wedge called. “What about the prisoners?”

“We will need them to give us any bypass codes or things of the sort we may require. For that reason, treat them nicely. They may spill everything on being asked; but some may require a little persuasion, but we’ll deal with that when time comes.”

Mon Mothma now came front.

“This battle will definitely lead the Imperials to change their course of action.” She said. “They might decide to attack a different planet rather that the one reported in our stolen data modules. Because of this, I see it fit that there should be a garrison of troops and a squadron of fighters on all of the targeted planets.”

“This decision requires all the forces to be very alert.” Dodonna said. “One garrison and fighter squadron cannot win a battle. They are there simply to provide primary defense to the planets. Should the planet you are on be attacked, send a message to the main fleet immediately then provide support to the planet till we arrive.”

The Cruiser rumbled and dropped out of Hyperspace. Several cargo shuttles carrying the disabled TIEs and Lambda class shuttles filled the temporarily very silent Hangar bay of their Dantooininan base.

<_<

>_>

you know, i dont mean to sound dumb, but could you give an example of a metric unit (im really sounding like a moron, right? pls dont push it)

and the beans...well, lets say that the rebels like to fight healthy :D, ill fix it.

NINE

The Rebel base was alive with the hustle and bustle of rushed activity. Rebel technicians worked hard to repair the TIEs back to factory standards and the Commanders were trying with all their might to get the POWs to talk but the Empire had done some excellent conditioning on their soldiers. They would not crack even under torture, to which the Rebels had to unfortunately turn to after their truth serums and mind games had no effect. Seeing this problem, General Caarlist Rieekan, now put in charge of the fleet by the Admiral instead of himself, announced a plan to bring in one of the most successful person in the Clone Wars. This mystery person was expected at noon, local time, that very day. Apparently he would also help them with the war effort when things were going against them. The Rebels went ahead with their work, bothered more about their schedule than the helper.

It was noon, the sunlight was softened by the clouds in the sky, making it seem like early evening. The grass was not moving at all, and the air was deathly still. Still, that is, until a new shuttle set down on the grass just outside the entrance of the base. General Rieekan walked forward to the now opening ramp and waited patiently for his guest to disembark. The new arrival was a tall man with brown hair and a beard to match. He wore long flowing robes of two different shades of brown again and he carried what gave a first appearance of a slender metallic tube at his waist. Rieekan shook hands warmly with the newcomer.

“Welcome,” he said with a smile. “We are most grateful to you for agreeing to help us.”

“My pleasure, General. I have a few aims of my own too,” Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi replied.

Space shook and another Imperial class cruiser appeared in front of Vader’s half-destroyed Command Ship. The technicians had finally managed to bring back communications with the main fleet, improving Vader’s mood considerably. The new cruiser maneuvered in front of the dead ship and cuts its engines. Vader transferred to the other Cruiser in his personal TIE fighter to get a Hyperspace-capable shuttle. Once the Dark Lord had left, the crews of both the ships were operating with much more relief. Several TIEs flying at low speed helped connect titanium-plasteel cables originating from the first cruiser, to the second. Once the cables were secures, the new Cruiser proceeded to tow the ship to the vicinity of the Hoth Asteroid Belt, near which the Empire had set up a small space station.

Archived