Home

When is bonus stuff becoming available for PC??

biny

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah PC patch, I hope it comes soon. but I doubt we'll ever see the Patch for PS2.

The files are just too big to fit on a memory card, and no one ever gave support for the PS2 HardDrive. I remember playing SW:BF1 for PS2 and wondering why they didn't put out the patches(like Jabba's map) on PS2 for the players with the PS2 HDD.

That's why I got BF2 for PC :D

...remember playing SW:BF1 for PS2 and wondering why they didn't put out the patches(like Jabba's map) on PS2 for the players with the PS2 HDD.

The force has granted you the power of forsight! What else do you see?

it would be nice if they made a PSP patch,it can fit on a memory stick probably (or more likely than the standard 32 meg over the 8 meg PS2 mem card),I got a 1 gig card with like 500 megs free right now,lol

they should do something about the 6.3/10 score the PSP version got. They dont need to be ****ten on the little guy who wants to play it wherever he goes. I hope they consider that after the PC patch comes out.

Yeah PC patch, I hope it comes soon. but I doubt we'll ever see the Patch for PS2.

The files are just too big to fit on a memory card, and no one ever gave support for the PS2 HardDrive. I remember playing SW:BF1 for PS2 and wondering why they didn't put out the patches(like Jabba's map) on PS2 for the players with the PS2 HDD.

You can thank Sony for that. They pretty much abandoned their own harddrive, after having people spend hundreds of dollars on it.

I'll believe it when I see it... it seems like Pandemic plans things and then doesn't follow through with them (ie: the old 1.3 patch for SWBF1 is STILL in beta... and they pretty much ignored most of our suggestions for the SWBF2 beta).

Look, if LucasArts and Pandemic redeem themselves on these things, fine, I'll eat my words. But for now it doesn't look good for the PC version. No communication, nothing. Even if they were to parrot this Xbox "patch" and just give us a couple of maps from SWBF1 and a couple new Jedi Heroes and a couple of more maps with the "Celebrity Deathmatch" option, that wouldn't be enough to keep the game fresh in my opinion. It seriously needs a BUG FIX patch and the admin/server system needs serious re-working (using the in-game chat to issue server commands, what is this, 1996?). That in-game chat is horribly placed, such that you have to type really slowly and you can't see what you're writing, unless you go very slowly. Those server launchers need more work (still beta), and they need to release a Linux server distribution. And how about those ship HUDs like we had in the first game?

Otherwise the game just won't have long lasting online appeal for me, or for many other gamers. The game's only been out 2 months (I could have waited one more month to see if they'd fix up the game, but we're already most of the way through January). SWBF1 has had 26 servers for a long, long time. That's pathetic! If SWBF2 wants to be more than just a single player flash in the pan for PC, a serious patch or two is needed for the PC.

And what is this about not allowing modding? Apparently we're not allowed to mod the game, but that may change, with a change in liscense and the release of official unsupported tools. But I'm not sure what happened with that thing, it's been awhile since I checked. I can understand them giving new content to console users since they can't create or download mods for the game. But denying PC users mods arbitrarily for a game that's clearly moddable (like SWBF1 was) strikes me as unnecessarily restrictive and self-defeating.

Let's hope they learn from their mistakes...

Don't get me wrong, the SWBF series has vast potential, and I get a little upset to see it squandered like this.

If they don't fix this game up and were to release a SWBF3 on the same engine, in say, a year's time, I don't think I'd fall for the same trick twice...

It really is LucasArts's fault for rushing this game (as well as the previous one) for marketing purposes and sticking it with a company that apparently doesn't have adequate budget and/or manpower to get the job done. I know this comes off as really cynical, but this is like SWBF1 all over again! Arggh.. please prove me wrong, developers!

You can thank Sony for that. They pretty much abandoned their own harddrive, after having people spend hundreds of dollars on it.

Well, partly cause the HDD is a pirate haven with the right mods...

Back to BF2, I think Mod tools will come out... well people are going to mod it anyways, mod tools or not, and nothing can stop that (its either being modder friendly, or we go torrent with things, but we WILL mod it).

BF1 mod tools are acceptable, so even tools with the same quality will be welcomed.

there's one possible bad thing aboutreturning bespin, what if they shut out the ships? those things were half the fun of platforms, and ike half the strategies for it involved them somehow

Simple, they don't have Platforms in it, only Cloud City, which has no ships.

Well, partly cause the HDD is a pirate haven with the right mods...

Back to BF2, I think Mod tools will come out... well people are going to mod it anyways, mod tools or not, and nothing can stop that (its either being modder friendly, or we go torrent with things, but we WILL mod it).

BF1 mod tools are acceptable, so even tools with the same quality will be welcomed.

I think you forget the place of this site and forum in the grand scheme of things. If LucasArts considers mod-making for this game illegal and forbids it, we'll be obliged not to allow postings of stuff mod related, except to tell people to do it someplace else. That would be unfortunate. If we do modding against their wishes, that's no good. We might as well condone piracy. I agree it would be very stupid if they continued to forbid mod making for SWBF2, but allow it (as they right did) for SWBF1. It'd be inconsistent and foolish, artificially limiting the life of the game even more. Anyway, let's hope they reconsider, for their sakes as well as our's.

With modding we can add ships to any maps that lack them or make our own maps with vehicles. The trouble is getting people to download and use these mods. That's why it's always better for the game company to provide all these things out of box or in official patches that people are obligated to download, rather than expecting mod makers to patch all the holes in the game. Still, if modding isn't even allowed, that will make even such unofficial patches difficult... Let's face reality, if mod making is forbidden, but still possible, it will shrink to a fraction of what it would be if it were openly permitted or encouraged. All Lucas Legal has to do is threaten a few major sites and mod making will be forced into the underground and the well will dry up.

Throwing us a few maps we've already seen before and some new skins is fine and dandy. I'd expect at LEAST that much for the PC crowd if they're doing that for the Xbox users. But it'll quickly be forgotten without modding. Just think of what SWBF1 would be like if the only addon we ever had for the game was Jabba's Palace? Then again the online play of that game is still seriously flawed (the fact that 1.3 was only a "beta" patch means very few people use it, even though it's quite an improvement over 1.2, and many of the improvements were carried over to the sequel).

Why would they forbid modding? My cynical side says they don't want to threaten official expansions and sequels that are closer on the horizon than we might realize, perhaps on the same engine. Perhaps they fear we will lose faith in their rushed products and perfer our own unofficial creations? Let's hope that's not the case. Let's hope they're more farsighted than that!

He is not spamming us. Everything Kurgan said is correct. It is illegal to mod SWBF2 (though apperently not creating maps?). Read the EULA that you accepted when you installed the game. You can be sued for breaking ANYTHING that is in there. Saying 'its too hard to understand' or 'you didn't know' won't help you in court.

Following LucasArts' pattern with SWBF1 and SWBF2, I don't think they want mods so the can get as much money as possible out of the series. They will make a half expansion to SWBF2 and sell it as SWBF3. If people where to make good mods, why would they buy a new half updated version of the game? They are a company, companies exist for one reason: to make profit

(stupid software pantents)

So there's no official announcement of an upcoming pc patch at all, just anticipation of it in light of the xbox update?? I take it it would be too much to hope that they'd reduce the game speed just a little so it didn't look like i was fast-forwarding one of the movies.........

Archived