Home

When is bonus stuff becoming available for PC??

biny

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xtmn8r

Total Posts: 68

The PC update and new Dedicated Server are fully in test right now. Assuming everything looks good, we should be rolling it out by the end of the month.

The PC Update will include many bugs fixes, performance improvements & minor gameplay tweaks and other miscellaneous changes.

With the release of this update, we will also be rolling out a new Dedicated Server that will be required to host PC games using this updated version. The New Dedicated Server will also have all its enhanced features fully functional. If you are curious on what features will be available, check out our PS2 Server update we just released as its features are very similar.

Shortly after the release of the PC update, we will be releasing the MOD Tools. The MOD Tools are almost done & is mostly waiting on the finalization of the PC Update & Server Update so we can insure it works properly with the current version of the game & vice versa. We should be able to give you a better timeline on the Mod Tools once the PC Update is released

Hooray! Finally, we're seeing some results. I wonder why they're keeping it so quiet? Maybe there was some problem getting it through. In any case, hopefully they can deliver on this. It sounds great, but again I'm still slightly skeptical until I see it actually happen. But since the "end of the month" is literally a week away, we won't have long to wait.

The game sure could use it...! (it needs a true patch far more than just some throwaway "bonus content")

Good luck Pandemic!

well maybe it will be worth the wait.

If you mean the bonus content... probably not. If it's just like the Xbox bonus content patch, then it won't be. Two new Jedi Heroes, a couple more maps given the option to play in "Celebrity Deathmatch Mode"? Definately not worth it for the couple minutes of fun that will entail (I personally thought CDM was quite overrated... it's only really of interest to test out heroes you aren't familiar with yet). Porting over a couple more maps from SWBF1 is a good thing, though for all we know those maps will be nerfed and tinkered with to the point where they are unrecognizable. Hopefully not, but you never know. Bespin was one of the least fun SWBF1 maps for me, but that could be remedied with proper AI and better pathing.

Now a properly done patch, hmm, I'm divided on that. It might be better to have them issue a major fix patch now, and then keep churning out fixes at a regular rate, rather than making us wait for months and months and months, then issue one major patch and stop supporting the game forever. Now this might sound odd to some people to say this. Maybe they'll say, one big patch would be better because it would cause less confusion among people of which patch to use and prevent people from "holding out" on one version of the game that they like before it was "ruined" by said patch (that of course assumes gameplay changes will occur that will cause such a "split" in the community).

I see it as a good thing because if you wait too long, you risk losing more people who would have stayed if you'd just fixed X, Y, or Z. So you have negative word of mouth that prevents other people from getting into the game until much later after its popularity has begun to die down more. Also if you wait too long for a patch, you risk creating a solid "we refuse to upgrade" contingent. Also, you negate the ability to release a patch and get community feedback from it for the next one. The community could test the new patch and see what to do for the next one. If you just release one big patch, fire and forget, it's much worse for the community overall.

Obviously a patch is better than no patch, but still.

(How do you type so much? It's like your brain is spilling into the keyboard!)

Hmm...I am happy for the release of the mod for PC, but why did they go with xbox first? Star Wars Battlefront 2 was converted first for the PC version. Look at the introduction to the PC version compared to that of the consoles. I love mysteries. Actually, I hate them. Sci-Fi to the max.

01 Is the Patch coming out next Month, i dont even know how to play the Game no more and i forgot my keys on how to play it.

02 Its laying on my shelf "full" of dust since i bought it and finished it a week later. Im now so tempted to sell the Game now for 5 bucks, even thou i bought it for 30 bucks.

03 When the Patch comes out, i hope the Graphics looks like SWBF1

04 What happend to BF2, why did LucasArts turn such a cool Game into the baddest graphics and buggiest Game, were they trying to show us something new. I mean, why did they not just stay to the same Engine, same Graphics, Same Levels with brand new added ones.

05 Now with all that wasted money and the efford they have putted in, they have to work extra hard again to fix the Game "again".

06 What did Goerge Lucas say about this bad Game.

It's really too bad no one can make a mod that slows it down and adds some skill to the game... I get top score a lot when I play and I'm always startled, because it's just random chaos where you don't have time to even aim more than with movement and stuffjust blows up all around you and you die. If you hang back and try to snipe sometimes you get some good shots, and sometimes the person just lag-warps all around...... If they're not going to work on their game they should at least let someone else.....

I'm not sure what people mean when they say the game is too fast. It feels just as fast as SWBF1. But then maybe I need to fire that game up again to compare. I remember it being the same though. Ditto for the graphics. Other than shifting some things around, the graphics pretty much look just as good (or bad) in SWBF2 as in SWBF1, at least to me.

Well, obviously you can sprint in SWBF2 and the Jedi can move pretty fast, but the troopers seem the same to me. You're right the space maps don't count, but I assumed most people were talking about comparing say, Geonosis, Hoth, Endor, Tatooine in SWBF1 to those maps in SWBF2. Yes there are many subtle differences between the two games (dang it, I need to get working on that site of mine!), but speed doesn't seem to be one of them.

But I'll do some testing when I have time and if I'm wrong, I'll eat my words.. ;)

Well, I've not played BF1, stayed away when I heard it had so many problems, but broke down and got the second one, so can't compare to that, but the fastest game I knew of before this was AvP 1. I always played as alien in that, and did pretty well, so I'm ok with speed generally. In BF2 at least, it feels like the running is much faster than the animations, and more importantly the netcode can't really keep up, so people teleport around a lot. In this game, I've gotten best results by aiming as much with my movement as my mouse and generally holding down the trigger. It just moves too fast to have burst fire, use of cover, and a sort of tactical element like bafflefield or even cs if you're really generous, but the environments are too crowded and not quite right for it to have more of the death-match feel of fast games like quake. Does that make any sense? I'm not trying to flame or troll or whatnot. There's a lot I really like about the game, but it gets very very frustrating at times and could have been so much better.

Yeah, AvP had its fair share of problems, was mostly using it to show that it's not bad reflexes or something. I like games with one hit kills and stuff, it's more that the movement speed outpaces the netcode and animations so it's hard to effectively aim more than holding down the trigger and trying to vaguely point towards their heads while running at them. When I try to snipe people warp all over the place. If it were a little slower with fewer hp, so I could plan/take individual shots it'd be a lot more interesting. Maybe if the explosives were slightly less common too, (not any less powerful), that would help.

Ah, so the "speed" people talk about in SWBF2 isn't so much actual speed, as lag problems and ghosting. That makes more sense. I was thinking people were saying it was like Super Battlefront II: Hyper Fighting or something. ;)

I remember how SWBF had the "problem" of AI that just stood there, but could see you no matter where you were and had perfect aim.

Archived