Home

When is bonus stuff becoming available for PC??

biny

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no ones just posted any new unit models, models are supposed to be the same though according 2 of the developers, so no re-exporting needed. is there any certain model anyone would like to see in SWBF2, i have the unit skeleton and the ability to put one in game just havnt thought of anything good. neomarz made a great asajj ventress model and ive worked with him before, im pretty sure if i asked him hed let me put it in SWBF2. so you guys want an asajj for PC?

Sure. If they don't release that stuff for PC I'm sure people want it. If I could change anything at the moment, I'd just convert ALL the SWBF1 maps, including the "better" version of Geonosis. I'd get rid of the stupid "saber chucks" that Asajj has and just give her two sabers like she had in the Clone Wars series.

Honestly, shirtless Kit Fisto is kind of silly anyway. Just give him the sort of outfit he'd have worn in Episode II or III and be done with it. I realize they were going with the CW version of him, but seriously, there's no underwater Mon Calamari map, so what's the point?

yeah i was just gonna rig asajj and merge her with the existing dual saber animations just for the time cause shes far more known as a dual saber user even though she can link them into a staff. yeah and i also agree about kit just being in normal jedi robes and ill try to think of some unique things for him. i dont know if i could give them unique fighting styles since it would require new animations which no one has seemed to be able to do since the aniguide isnt that clear on how to do it. i might be able to do it though now that i think about it since im using the pandemic made skeleton so there shouldnt be any problems animating it. most people tried custom anims on vehicles which used a unique skelly and we might just not be setting up the bones right. i never watched the CW cartoons so i dont know much about how asajj and kit really fight but ill look into it. im also still waiting for a reply from marz about using his models since im not the best character modeler and his models are already really good.

Well, PC is getting update I thik, and...

You can watch the movies of the upcoming xXxbox update video, for what Ventress and Fisto's move maybe like... and that map on cloud city...

If anything I would like something more exotic... like a whip user... Lady Lumiya... Dark Lady of Sith... yum.

I think Kit Fisto got shirtless for the ladies... you know, he had many twi'lek fangirls.

Fisto's "Bubble attack" is pure CW. It's supposed to be him using the Force while under water or something when he's fighting on Mon Calimari. So not sure if it's a force manifestation like the blue ball that Vader throws at Luke in "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" or the red fireball "Destruction" like in JK1/MotS, or just water or something... anyway, you could just give him Force push like he has in the movie (AOTC). Ventress never uses "saber chucks" or a staff in CW, she's just a straight up dual saber user (with curved hilts similar to Dooku's, since he gave them to her as a gift).

Well, PC is getting update I thik, and...

We're getting a PATCH, not bonus content (that we know of) and later mod tools. Though we were supposed to get it 2 days ago, and still no word (unless they just updated in the last 4 hours...).

You can watch the movies of the upcoming xXxbox update video, for what Ventress and Fisto's move maybe like... and that map on cloud city...

If anything I would like something more exotic... like a whip user... Lady Lumiya... Dark Lady of Sith... yum.

I think Kit Fisto got shirtless for the ladies... you know, he had many twi'lek fangirls.

No Kit is a celibate Jedi. He castrated himself with his saber (which explains the high pitched voice)! This was also doubly painful because his species has, shall we say "more than one." Heh.. fanboys/girls... always wanting what they can't have! ;)

BF2 = StarWars BattleFRONT 2...

And oh, you have things unrealistic lasers in this game, heros that uses little glowsticks, and snipers who do not crawl on the floor.

You also don't need to online level for like forever to get ranks for a good gun.

Oh that aside, lets keep this thread on-topic.

Is it true that the new Jedi thingy is not available to PC?

The Xbox Expansion isn't adding any new features. It's merely adding two Jedi characters. One of them throws little ninja stars and one of them throws little exploding balls. One has "saber chucks" which just seem to operate like Dual sabers just with slightly different animation. Then there's a couple "new" maps (taken from SWBF1) and a few more maps are given Celebrity Deathmatch support. Even the "new powers" of the Jedi could be compared to a shotgun and a grenade launcher, just with a different visual effect coming from a hand instead of a gun.

So really it's nothing that modders couldn't create... convert some maps, create a couple models and skins and maybe one new set of attack animations. Done!

"When is the bonus stuff becoming available for the PC??" Answer: tomorrow

link: http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=102604&tstart=0

xtmn8r

Total Posts: 74

EDITED BY ◄Catch 22►: Feb 15, 2006 10:02 AM

Hello everyone,

It took us a few more days then we thought but we are just about ready to release the PC update. As a few have already noticed, we have released the updated Dedicated Server Software that will support version 1.1. This dedicated server also has all of its features working now. You can find the Server Software on fileplanet here. Note that this server can only host games for people with the PC update version 1.1

The game update will go live within the next day. I will post updated information as we work out the logistics to get it Live

We are finishing up the testing of the Mod Tools. It will likely be made available within the week. We are working hard to have it ready by this Friday before the long weekend.

Thanks for your continued support.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Edit: As ever guys, please continue to discuss the upcoming update here.

"When is the bonus stuff becoming available for the PC??" Answer: tomorrow

link: http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=102604&tstart=0

xtmn8r

Total Posts: 74

EDITED BY ◄Catch 22►: Feb 15, 2006 10:02 AM

Hello everyone,

It took us a few more days then we thought but we are just about ready to release the PC update. As a few have already noticed, we have released the updated Dedicated Server Software that will support version 1.1. This dedicated server also has all of its features working now. You can find the Server Software on fileplanet here. Note that this server can only host games for people with the PC update version 1.1

The game update will go live within the next day. I will post updated information as we work out the logistics to get it Live

We are finishing up the testing of the Mod Tools. It will likely be made available within the week. We are working hard to have it ready by this Friday before the long weekend.

Thanks for your continued support.

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Edit: As ever guys, please continue to discuss the upcoming update here.

Wrong. Sorry, but several people misrepresented what happened. For once this IS a case of people reading into the statement things they never said.

The XBOX owners got the "bonus material" that is.. the "expansion" with Kit Fisto/Asajj Ventress, four SWBF1 maps and a few more Hero DM options.

The PC owners were NEVER scheduled to get that. Only a bug fix/stability patch. Many people WANTED the Xbox expansion for PC and begged for it, but they have no right to say it was promised them. I agree it sucks that the Xbox users get free addons that the PC owners do not. Even though it's barely anything and even though they don't get mod tools (and we will, as promised) and be able to make more and better mods in the long run than the Xbox will ever get... it still helps for a mod to be "official" because more people will use it online.

Plus they had to BUY their expansion for $5 or get it off Xbox Live! (which you have to subscribe to, more $$$).

Anyway, we got our patch and server patch, mod tools on the way. They haven't said jack about anything else for PC. So it's all guesswork.

To sum up: There are no new maps, mods, skins, or gameplay modes in the PC patch, and there won't be any until the mod tools allow people to start making them!

I'm sure that's what's being contemplated.

I'm hoping that people will get organized though and release it all together so we don't have a thousand slightly different, non-compatible "SWBF1 to SWBF2 conversion map packs" out there. I'm sure PCGame Mods will remove any links people post to such conversions, so other sites will need to be relied on to distribute them.

Or will Pandemic/LucasArts genuinely get upset if people can play all the SWBF1 maps without buying SWBF2? Granted, they have reason to complain if they never plan to release any conversion packs of their own for the PC (but only for the Xbox), but still... would make it kind of hard to distribute if it's not "allowed."

On the other hand just handing out a program that would extract and automatically convert the needed maps from your original SWBF1 installation would be a good way around it, legally. Just distribute that program for those who don't know how to do it otherwise...

I wonder how adding custom maps will work. I took the Rhen Var map from the server patch and copied it over to my own SWBF2 installation. However, there's no way on BBO to add in a map, and it does not show up in the map list either. I didn't have time last night to read the readme, is it explained.

Well, if its a "conversion program" and not a map pack, LA have to be a scum-eating idiot to hate it.

Cause if you want to to the conversion, you will need to buy BF1 in the first place!! This means either :

1) the guy using the conversion program have BF1, which is good.

2) the guy buys BF1 just to play those maps on BF2, which is even better!@!!

Archived