Home

When is bonus stuff becoming available for PC??

biny

Wrong. Sorry, but several people misrepresented what happened. For once this IS a case of people reading into the statement things they never said...
I'm not sure what you where saying was wrong with my post. It is a qoute from an LA developer or PR guy.

If such a program is made, I think people will post both the conversion program and the converted maps. You won't need to buy SWBF to get them on SWBF2.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

god i cant believe people keep thinkin that PC is getting the same stuff as xbox, they should be burned at the stake >_> oh and about asajj ventress, marz gave me permission to convert her, i was just gonna use ayla's animations for the time until i can give her some custom ones, cant decide wheather she should have a staff version too. :S

I think he's just upset that people keep mistakenly THINKING that the pc is getting the expansion. It's a little frustrating yes.

We're not missing much by not getting the expansion, but yes, there's no real logical reason to exclude us, except to incite jealousy and confusion as it has succeeding in doing. Or maybe they did it to make Xbox users not feel so sad because they don't get mod tools and (we assume, someday) mods...

I'm not sure what you where saying was wrong with my post. It is a qoute from an LA developer or PR guy.

If such a program is made, I think people will post both the conversion program and the converted maps. You won't need to buy SWBF to get them on SWBF2.

What was wrong with your post is that you implied the answer to the question of "Bonus" content was the developer answer. Instead the developer says nothing about bonus content, and only discusses the (bugfix) patch which we knew about and is already here. There is no bonus content coming for PC that we know of, period (Mod tools are not "bonus content" you and I both know people were asking about new heroes, maps, skins, etc... ie: the Xbox expansion coming out for PC). So it was misleading, that's all I was saying.

As far as the maps being released, that's all well and good, but Lucas Legal may decide to threaten people who post the maps if they don't want people to be able to avoid buying SWBF1. Likewise, a site like PCGamemods.com is known for removing mods that are just content ripped from other commercial. So even if it's done, it may be harder to come by with it getting taken down. Or maybe not, but I suspect it will be. That's why a "conversion program" would be a better idea. So far I don't know of anyone working on such a thing though. I just hope somebody does...

Oh, you can put a huge dent in it.

It's like saying "oh well, we can just warez the game if it's illegal, since you can't stop the free flow of information on the internet."

That will turn away thousands of people, and mean that it will be hard to find, because people will be afraid of getting shut down.

At least a legal program like that would be something WE could host in the open and even picky sites like PCGM could. Or if LucasArts were to just allow us to use the maps from SWBF1 in SWBF2 (doubtful but you never know) that would solve it as well.

well, xbox resources files use almost the same codes as the PC version, so someone with an "enhanced" xbox can easily transfer the files to PC, and making the maps and models available eventually.

Now, all these havew to wait til mod tools are out. I can see the mods we had as of now needing quite some updates once the toos are released.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived