Home

Green Eggs & Ham? we're one step closer...

ChAiNz.2da

It's green EGGS and ham, not green ham and eggs... yeesh people.
Huh? well, if you wish to be nit-picky.. the "ham" is green too ;)

http://www.answers.com/topic/green-eggs-and-ham

^^^^

The title is a sort of pun. In the U.S., "green eggs and ham" is a breakfast menu item in which normal eggs are cooked with spinach or some other green vegetable, and served with normal ham. Dr. Seuss's conceit was to imagine that the phrase describes naturally green eggs (that is, with green yolks) accompanied by green ham.
(I can't believe I'm having to "defend" this..) :xp:

Just one question.......

Why?

I asked myself the very same thing.. hehehe After reading a little closer (after I stopped laughing ;) ) I sorta see now the benefits of err.. green pigs..

The transgenic pigs, commonly used to study human diseases, would help researchers monitor and trace changes of the tissues during the physical development, Wu said.
However, the question I raise that if the pig's internal organs are green (which they are amazingly) wouldn't growing tissue be green as well? Not a scientist by any means, but when I get cut, my skin tends to heal the same color it used to be.. Admittingly, I'm not really sure "how" having green organs would benfit any better than regular colored organs.. perhaps I'm missing something here :giveup:

However, the question I raise that if the pig's internal organs are green (which they are amazingly) wouldn't growing tissue be green as well? Not a scientist by any means, but when I get cut, my skin tends to heal the same color it used to be.. Admittingly, I'm not really sure "how" having green organs would benfit any better than regular colored organs.. perhaps I'm missing something here :giveup:

I was thinking the same thing :giveup:

Anyways fluorescent pigs won't find their way to my table anytime soon!

Admittingly, I'm not really sure "how" having green organs would benfit any better than regular colored organs.. perhaps I'm missing something here

Yes, it would be much more helpful it the article had better explained the applicability of green-colored pigs in relation to stem cell research.

I dunno, I'm curious as to if they stay flourescent after digestion.

Heh-heh. Why am I not surprised? :xp: I can tell you that guacamole Doritos retain their green color on the way out, just in case you were curious about that too... :D

I can picture it now... In the future, a family sits down to a five-course dinner. It starts out with glowing blue pork, then they move on to black tomato soup, neon-pink corn, a navy blue salad, and last, lime green blueberry pie.

I don't know... That's just too weird. :xp: I'll keep the color scheme of my food at 'default'.

I hate bumping a thread, but since I know that some of you don't visit other areas of LucasForums...

toms (over at Yoda's Swamp) has posted a link to the pigs in the dark :D

Color me shocked, but when they said flourescent, I wasn't really thinking of "glowing in the dark".. I was thinking more on the lines of their color (similar to a highlighter).. :eek:

Check it out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4605202.stm

(it's things like this is why we encourage Member's to "roam about" :xp: )

Color me shocked, but when they said flourescent, I wasn't really thinking of "glowing in the dark".. I was thinking more on the lines of their color (similar to a highlighter).. :eek:

You've never drawn stuff on you with highlighters and gone disco bowling, have you? ;)

Those pigs are scary.... Imaging eating that pork during a blackout. :eek:

Archived