Home

Demo Released Next Wednesday!

Jan Gaarni

Guest DarthMaulUK

Its all good news indeed. I was told it would be Wednesday but wasnt allowed to post that info. The war for the Star Wars galaxy begins!

DMUK

Hi all,

With all the demo yay-ness (which is good lol)...

We know that the demo was completed in mid-December. It is being released a month later, in mid-January. I'm sure they've fixed a lot of bugs since then.

DMUK, just curious if your contacts could answer this for us:

Does the demo use a December build of the game (with more bugs), or has the demo been updated since it was first completed?

An important question, since there may be bugs that influence buy/don't buy decisions, and such a decision might be made on a bug that was "fixed" since the demo was finished in December.

Its all good news indeed. I was told it would be Wednesday but wasnt allowed to post that info. The war for the Star Wars galaxy begins!

DMUK

Grrrrrrrrr........i knew you were one of them......................playing with ppl's nerves and laughing out loud while playing an alpha version of the demo (maybe the whole game!)........................it's time to release my tons of anger i have about this demo delay on you DMUK (no offence taken, but someone has to pay the bill :) ) :lsduel:

Well, the only problem is that my February exam period begins on Monday (23th) and i'll have to apply hard restrictions to myself, if i want to pass any lesson........BUT, EaW comes out after the exam period, so, this will keep me up ;)

Don't count on it being out on wednesday.....they have set it back 5 times now and i'm sure they'll do it again...DD

:firemad:

I don't trust anything i read here anymore.......

Its my understanding that thouse "5 times" were never confurmed like they have done with this release date.

Also with thouse 5 times we never got a proper date, is always been December or Early Jan, Mid Jan etc etc but with this one they have given a proper date as we all know the 18th Jan.

So ithis one im quite hopefull

Guest DarthMaulUK
Hi all,

DMUK, just curious if your contacts could answer this for us:

Does the demo use a December build of the game (with more bugs), or has the demo been updated since it was first completed?

An important question, since there may be bugs that influence buy/don't buy decisions, and such a decision might be made on a bug that was "fixed" since the demo was finished in December.

I have just had word from a source extremely close to the project (no not Darth PG) .....Quote: There have also been a lot of improvements and bug fixes to the game since we locked the demo version.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

The newsletter will be much later today/Saturday, depending on your time zone. However, LA decided to announce the date a little sooner.

DMUK

Archived