Home

Demo: Jan 18th

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Today, Lucasarts announced the date for the new Petroglyph developed Empire at War demo - Jan 18th.

The demo will feature five tutorials that lay down the game mechanics for Empire at War, as well as one galactic conquest mode map to put what gamers have learned to test. A sample of recognizable units will be included in the demo, with the full roster being available next month in the retail version.

Empire at war is due for release on Feb 16th (USA) and the rest of the world on Feb 17th

The Lucasforums have also opened up a Demo issue forum, that will go live next Wednesday just incase some of you are having problems. Its also a place to leave feedback about the demo that will be useful for the dev team to read.

DMUK

the pc gamer preview talks about the tutorial.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

we move our alliance fleet through a sector and land a rebel patrol on the planet kashyyyk to destroy an imperial garrison. the fight was quick, hard, and for us, victorious.

empire at war is just about battles. in the second tutorial, we learn how to build units and fleets. we then sent c-3po to steal technolagy from the empire. this undertaking was a success.

in the third tutorial, we switched to thhe empires side. we built a fleet and attacked tatooine. we reach orbit with light carrack cruissers and scout ties, that is being pertected by a small rebel fleet and a space station. we had to try to survive long enough, until a torpedo cruiser came to help, and gave us the upper hand.

then we land. before the attack begins, tie bombers damages the defenders. then the stormtrooper mop ups the rest. win!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

sence the demo has the tut, yeah you can play as the imps

I don't believe that review, and here's why:

empire at war is just about battles. in the second tutorial, we learn how to build units and fleets. we then sent c-3po to steal technolagy from the empire. this undertaking was a success.

Noone in there right minds would send such a jumpy droid to steal tech. :D

Anyway, from joke to serious for a moment.

Thanks for the info, shadowsfm.

Can't wait for the demo now.

Knowing when it comes out is worse I think than not knowing. :p

Time goes so slow when you know when you can get it. ;)

And no, I've not recieved the LEC Newsletter either.

They're running late.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I am sure that alot of sites will host the demo a few days after its release. I didnt want Lucasfiles to have the exclusive because the servers wouldnt have been able to handle that kind of downloading.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

I think the newsletter must have been delayed, which might explain why they announced the release date for the demo on the official forum because they did say it would be announced on friday.

DMUK

you can only play as the rebels if anyone didn't know tht nd u only hav acess to chewy nd han as heros. So its ok but it would hav been nicer if they put some more beta units in.

Cant hav everythin tho'

EDIT:

also i found an amazin Demo countdown watch! Thought u guys mite like it as much as i did!

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006...demo/index.html

Finially the demo will be ours.... I can't wait till the game is realeased... I onl y have one question. Will the demo be realeased on gamespot the same day as its released or will i have to wait...

I think the only place hosting it is LucasFiles, though I could be wrong about the only place part. But get it from LucasFiles anyways :)

Archived