Home

Still popular?

richo

Hi, I bought SWBF 2 when it first came out but whenever I play it I get a BSOD so I was wondering if anyone still plays SWBF 1 online?

I used to play mainly on the Fart Clan server as casanova, but I thought I would make sure people still play online and there is plenty of servers before I reinstall/patch etc..

Thanks

Its one that I would usually associate with having older video card drivers, hear is the full message.

================================================================

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_disp

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these step.

The device has got stuck in an infinate loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000EA (0x89FD8BFQ, 0x891A86C8, 0xBACDFCBC, 0x00000001)

nv4_disp

Begining dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance

================================================================

I have googled for this error all things point to an older driver version but I have tried various versions with no luck. I always use driver cleaner pro on every reinstall. I have just installed the 82.65s but I haven't tried them with SWBF2 yet. The strange thing is the game doesn't crash when audio is disabled???? And seems more prone to crashing on single player levels than multiplayer, but I don't really want to risk it crashing all the time.

I have heard that some people have problems with the Nvidia 8*.** sets of drivers and dual core processors but this doesn't seem consistant with everyone.

Another thing I will try is set the affinity in the task manager so the game only runs on one core. The game runs smooth as silk before crashing.

I have never had a problem with any other games and am currently enjoying battlefield 2, half life 2 and F.E.A.R.

Hear is my full spec

Asus A8N-SLi Premium BIOS 1008

AMD X2 4400

Zalman CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower

OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series EL-DDR CAS2

XFX 7800GTX Gamers Edition @ 490 1300 NV 82.65

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream

Tagan TG530-U22 530W ATX2.01 2Force

Samsung SpinPoint P SP2504C 250GB SATA-II

Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 TV Tuner

Sony DVD ROM

NEC 3520 DVD Writer

DELL Ultrasharp 2405FPW 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Windows XP Pro SP 2

It looks like the number of servers have gone down. It was pretty much set at 26 for the past year or so, and now it's dropped to 15, according to ASE. Of course ASE actually lists 86 servers, but that's because 71 of them are SWBF2 servers (ASE currently doesn't support SWBF2, it just mistakenly throws most of their servers in the SWBF1 list).

Qtracker lists 23 SWBF1 servers (and accidentally adds 1 SWBF2 server to that for a total of 24). So according to that SWBF1 is as (un)popular as it's ever been for the most part...

Qtracker also lists 121 SWBF2 servers (and accidentally adds 1 SWBF1 server for a total of 122). So in reality there's 122 SWBF2 servers, and 24 SWBF1 servers, according to Qtracker 4.11 (the latest version).

...Another thing I will try is set the affinity in the task manager so the game only runs on one core...
Yes, this helps many players. I don't SWBF1 very much anymore. I may play it once every 3 months. On the other hand, I play SWBF2 almost every day.

Archived